This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simonb

What's been your biggest tip?
« on: December 28, 2003, 10:32:36 pm »
Mine was £20 and the job was only worth £20 !

matt

Re: Biggest Tip
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 11:56:38 pm »
i had 7 people give me a tenner :)

but i cannot beat 20 :(

matt

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 11:56:55 pm »
oh also had 14 quid tip

s.hughes

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 03:32:04 pm »
I cleaned the inside of a customers 1 year & cause it was raining they told me not to bother with the outside & they still paid me the amount for the whole job which was at the time a full days work. So you could say that my biggest tip was £50

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2003, 06:42:54 pm »
I clean the windows of a elderly couple who go to Spain for the winter , they go in September, and come back in June . The job is monthly and I charge them £9.00, they pay me in September for the months they are away. They send me a card to let me know when they are coming back  so I can have the windows clean for them , they insist on paying me for the time they are away as they have tried for years to get a good , window cleaner , and now they have one they want to keep me . ;D 8)

matt

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 12:49:08 am »
i have some1 who paid us while he was away in spain :D :D :D...of course we did ti while he was away  ::)

The_Fed_Man

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2003, 01:01:23 am »
One of my window cleaners this year got a colour television, not that old, perfect nick!  I thought that was pretty cool and so did he.
Martin Warman
Executive Council Member N.F.M.W & G.C.
www.nfmwgc.com

Cov_Cleaner

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2004, 06:36:08 am »
One of my window cleaners this year got a colour television, not that old, perfect nick!  I thought that was pretty cool and so did he.

Very nice and very few cleaners would say no, including myself (I'm also now in the TV/Video trade)

However, it's a sharp reminder of the lack of credibility in general towards the window cleaning industry. Would they offer it to the Plumber?!

In the early years one nice old lady said: "It's nice your doing well, it keeps you off the streets"!!

Back to topic: £5 is my maximum tip

nelson

Re: What's been your biggest tip?
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 06:20:24 pm »
we got a tip of ten pound each this year (4 people) and the house was only worth 6.50

D G Windows

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2005, 06:23:25 pm »
£17.50 tip of 2.50 fronts house. Total £20

i did a dance on the doorstep.

Duke

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 06:40:41 pm »
bottle of whisky (which I hate) last Christmas...oh well....

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 07:04:37 pm »
I do (did - I'm trying to get Ian_Giles to do it) a Hilton Hotel.  At Christmas the manager asked me, for their staff Christmas function, if I'd send a letter for their raffle.  The letter I would send would state that we would clean the inside and outside of the winner's house for free.

'Nurse, nurse, my pills, quickly', I shouted, thinking the winner could possibly live in some distant mansion that would take half a day to find, and the other to clean.

I declined saying I would donate a bottle of whiskey and a 2005 diary with my business name and details inscribed (I'd been sent a freebie in the post and asked if I'd like to buy fifty of them (minimum order)).

The next day a customer gave me a quality bottle of whiskey, a 12 year old Glenfiddich!  Guess who got it?  The Hilton.

Not one of the staff has since come forward to thank us for their prize.  Tightwad, who-ever won it!

Duke

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 07:17:06 pm »
funnily enough, I was the third prize in some hospital gig/raffle.....had to do a free clean...fine, I did it....and tell you what, never had so much tea and biscuits...and got a new customer (neighbour).....never did the original house again though..but I wasn't that bothered, would only have been £6.00 anyway. The neighbour was worth £11, and still is..  :)

Roy Harding

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 07:24:56 pm »
I got invited to a customers party 3 million for the day, food was £860.00 per head. The champaine came on an artic £100 per bottle. And 700 guests.

That was 3yrs ago and she said then she would have another in 5yrs so 2 to go. :) :) It was 3 times bigger than D Beckhams, a party of a life time. Every one that does work for her, vets, painters, ect.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 07:30:47 pm »
Wow Roy! - I didn't know you knew the Queen!
And did she give you a knighthood or just a C.B.E.?
 ;D
It's a game of three halves!

rosskesava

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 07:33:22 pm »
About 6 weeks ago a wealthy customer asked us if we had any use for a pair of speakers. Being the magpies that we are, we said yes. The speakers turned out to be B & O Penta 4's in perfect nick.

The next time we did her windows, she gave us the amp, cd player and cassette deck to go with the speakers, also B & O.

The whole lot is at present being serviced so as we can sell it all (and the customer was happy for us to do that and told us to keep the money). The cost of servicing is a staggering £325. Once done we will have something saleable that's worth a bomb.

I've never had luck on that scale in my life before.

The biggest window cleaning tip - £10 last Christmas.

Roy Harding

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 07:34:43 pm »
If you got 360 million in the bank whats 3. I have to clean even if there up on there easte in Scotland, £340 a clean and they go for 4 months, she did say I could do them weekly.
But its not the Queen, never had a tip in monney though. :(

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 07:37:44 pm »
Roy, hey,

That's nothing.  If we're bragging here, I have three 'claim to fames'.

1.  I've spent 21 days in the same military prison cell as 'Dirty Den' from Eastenders (although he was only there during his Court Martial for murding a German Taxi Driver.

2.   I was Samantha Fox's driver for three days in Bosnia during a 'Grip and Grin' visit.  (She didn't sing or expose herself once).  We were shot at and mortared and my picture was in the Sun newpaper with her.

3.   And I once met Limall from Kagagoogoo in a nightclub.

Oh, I've also met Prince Charles.  He spoke to me.  

He said, "Shift".

That's four, sorry.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 07:41:24 pm »
Oh yes - biggest tip - £30 for a £19 job so £11!

I also got given a microwave the day after ours had blown up and all it needed was a bit of enamel paint on the inside where it had started arc-ing. It lasted nine months before Mrs G insisted on a new one when we got the kitchen done!

And I got first refusal on some Hornby Railway boxed sets (Saddo that I am!) which I got at a reasonable price and will keep (and probably use a bit) as an investment.
It's a game of three halves!

empire_cleaning

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 08:27:25 pm »
We had one lady a few years ago give us £50 and said "buy yourselves a drink each boys". We said where do you drink!!!