This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wpclean

Retiring early !
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:41:11 pm »
Do you have a good business plan that will let you retire early, or will you carry on regardless until your body gives way ?

chopsie

Re: Retiring early !
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 10:47:47 pm »
at the moment it looks like I will have to keep going until my body gives way  :( mrs is a teacher though so when she is headmistress hopefully she will have a good pension to look after me.........er sorry us  :P
chopsie

Tim82

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:18:56 pm »
Never stop, retiring is a stupid idea thought up by politicians for employed people so they have light at the end of the tunnel.

Slow down, take a long break, try something new, and don’t retire

agreed!

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:43:30 pm »
just slow down and go part time...!!!

oh........errr..........some of you already are....!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i remember i guy on the news the other week who was 95 working in B&Q!he looked happy and in good health!!

part time like...........!! ;) ;)
price higher/work harder!

mci services

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50:58 pm »
my dads is 77 and has parkinsons and still takes a wage from his/my brothers window cleaning firm, he only stopped window cleaning at about 73 and still does the vat ect now

i will have a part pension from the army plus state pension and whatever i can save between now and retirment

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 08:25:02 am »
My wife's Uncle has Parkinson's - his sense of humour is fantastic! He said to me how glad he is to have a computer keyboard because, and I quote - "When I write it's like a lie detector going off!"

I hope I have a sense of humour in adversity to keep me going!
It's a game of three halves!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:02:33 am »
@ gold what a fantastic atitude! inspirational!

tom2009

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 01:58:21 pm »
Never stop, retiring is a stupid idea thought up by politicians for employed people so they have light at the end of the tunnel.

Slow down, take a long break, try something new, and don’t retire

agreed!
me too!

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 05:25:05 pm »
I'll be 42 in September and I hope that by the time I'm 45 I'm abl to take a back seat and "run" the company as opposed to being out there cleaning.

It's going okay at the moment but I guess time will tell :)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 06:08:54 am »
At the moment it looks like I will have to continue working until about 20 years after I die.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 07:13:14 am »
I am 45 now and realise that i haven't the ambition anymore to chase dreams of grandeur (spelling),so i am more than happy to keep my humble round going and continue getting upvc cleaning jobs.I dont want to retire,why?sit at home twiddling my thumbs(thumbs i said.. ;D)....if i want to do something now i take time out to do it,so work as much of my life as i can just to keep the body and mind going. :)

Tim82

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 06:23:11 pm »
At the moment it looks like I will have to continue working until about 20 years after I die.

ha ha!

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 10:43:02 pm »
;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 10:51:48 pm »
why retire me mate is in his 70s and still enjoys it you have a good 30 years left mates

wpclean

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 11:11:45 pm »
I have been giving a few quotes out where an old lad has just retired , even doubling what he was charging they were cheap !
Felt really sorry for him because by all accounts he did a good job and was regular , he just never put his prices up and couldnt sell the business cos of the prices were so low  :-\

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 01:04:27 pm »
feel like retiring now cam belts snapped on van
going to cost big money to repair :( :(
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

LQQK

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 01:48:31 pm »
I have no wish to retire. I love my job

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 04:54:41 pm »
steptoes got it right mates you only retire when you av snuffed it good on ya!! 8)

dai

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 10:17:26 pm »
I take Fridays off these days in order to have more time for myself. Friday has now become shopping day, and the day for all appointments to be made, it's also one of the two Karate nights, so dads taxi again.
Einsteins theory about space time and relativity now begins to make more sense.
The time you attempt to make for yourself will be stolen from you, relative  to the amount you attempt to make available.
And then there's space, God don't start me on space, it usually starts with,
"when are you going to get rid of all that rubbish". This goes on until you take the plunge and hire a skip. You decide that this time you will be ruthless in the clear out, all the stuff that may come in useful [ and probably will next week] has to go.
When the skip is full to bursting point you stand back and admire the void you have created, you could almost get a car into the garage, and you can walk across the shed floor without standing on varies tools and the things you were looking for last week but couldn't find.
It starts with a trickle, the odd flower pot, some piece of keep fit equipment, rarely used kitchen utensils, and then the great truth dawns, your so called rubbish was never the real issue, it was the space that it occupied that was the prize to be gained, everyone else's junk now stands proudly where yours stood last week, leaving you alone with the guilt of the landfill space used up.

Junk will be hoarded directly in proportion to the space available to store it, you see guys it's all relative, that Einstein bloke knew a thing or two.

Retire, I wish, 68 looming and only the lottery or ill health with stop me.
Not enough hours in the day, a problem made worse with those 5 minute jobs now taking at least an hour [ except for window cleaning] They, others, would only steal the time anyway.