Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Sock/slipper/feet marks in front of sofas
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:31:50 am »
Just done a job that had bad sock/slipper marks in front of sofas and armchairs.Really struggled to get decent results.

The carpet was 80/20,I cleaned with Powerburst and rinsed with FF.In the end I put some Ultrapac on ang got better results but far from brilliant.

Any better advise from anyone.I came away from the job rather deflated instead of having the ususal buzz you get from doing a good job.

Can these sometimes be permanent?

robert meldrum

Re: Sock/slipper/feet marks in front of sofas
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 11:47:55 am »
Socks leave " pilling" or as we know it " baubling " which is a pig to get out...........best way I ever found was to drag your foot back assuming you're wearing trainers.

If the carpet is flattened by slipper action over a long time the pile is probably distorted and there's not a lot you can do......it should clean OK but there will be a difference in appearance.

I ALWAYS make it clear before starting that such areas are actually damaged and will clean but are very unlikely to end up " as new " due to the DAMAGE caused by constant rubbing of the slippers or whatever.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:55:09 am »
Do you mean little bits of fabric wich are stuck on the carpet? Also known ase "sock dye" you need to look close for this cos from a standing postion it might look like a greying traffic lane.

This area in the lounge is the most trampled on area, so there will be alot of wear and tear. Which cant be fixed, just make sure u point it out to the punter before u start.

You can try adding a booster to your pre-spray like citra or enegiser etc that should help with the greying/traffic lane/sock dye (a bit) IF it has those "bits" of sock fibers in the carpet like i mentioned before, then a stiff hand brush used in a light circular manor should make things better... think Karate Kid wax on wax off lol

Tony

wayne zabel

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 12:32:06 pm »
The areas were very grey and had flattened pile and I put this down to maybe dyes out off socks or rubber soled slippers leaving marks,I know I got the carpet as good as I could but the customer told me that she was dissapointed with her last cleaner,so I wanted to do a top job which unfortunately I couldn't achieve.

derek west

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 02:17:44 pm »
its usually sock dye, we use M/S and a bonnet after cleaning, spray pad and bonnet. gets more out than most people think on here, but thats there loss. ;)

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »
its usually sock dye, we use M/S and a bonnet after cleaning, spray pad and bonnet. gets more out than most people think on here, but thats there loss. ;)

Good belt and braces approach, also prevents wicking and gets those left over shadows out.
"So basically its a big vax!"