This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trademark WC

Working off a craddle?
« on: May 28, 2010, 10:01:17 pm »
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a big job I have been asked to quote.

Its requires some cleaning using a craddle and I was wondering what would be required ie. extra insurance and if there is any special training requirements or relevant courses?

Also is the maintenance of the SAE my responibility or the management company, and or only my responsibility before use ie risk assessement on the day?

Any other general hints or tips welcome as this is my first involvement with craddles. Used Mewps on fairly big buildings but this is different gravy and fancy having a pop at it.

Thanks

Rob

dickie

Re: Working off a craddle?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 10:11:09 pm »
you will have to have cradle training, usually carried out by the company that maintains the system.
risk assesments and method statements will have to be provided and your insurance company will have to be notified and can be expensive depending on the height of the building.our old insurance covered us up to 14 floors but jumped higher when we started a 26 storey building and a 33 storey building.try to pass the cost of your cradle training onto your client as this too can be costly depending on which co services the equipment.

Trademark WC

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 10:23:09 pm »
Thanks for your swift reply

That could be a problem as it was installed by a company that said they will maintain it on a two year contract and as part of the conract would need to uses the installers window cleaners too?. But they have been doing a terrible job and the contracts up and the management company wants shot off em.

I guess I'll have to find out if they want to keep them going just on maintenance and let us do the cleaning or if they want a new company to take over the maintenance of the craddle.

isn't it funny you need need no real qualifications to do such dangerous work? What if you had no training from the manufactuer or installer would this be against the law? I don't think so cos it does not say anywhere in HSE documentation that you need any qualifications or official training.

ob

david willis

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 10:24:11 pm »
Hi All

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a big job I have been asked to quote.

Its requires some cleaning using a craddle and I was wondering what would be required ie. extra insurance and if there is any special training requirements or relevant courses?

Also is the maintenance of the SAE my responibility or the management company, and or only my responsibility before use ie risk assessement on the day?

Any other general hints or tips welcome as this is my first involvement with craddles. Used Mewps on fairly big buildings but this is different gravy and fancy having a pop at it.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob

No 1: Our NVQ course covers this information and can be funded by the government, i can supply further information if you wish, or visit our website www.training43.com

No 2: If you fancy giving it a go, we could put you in touch with an experianced contractor who would charge you to help out on the first clean, this way you will be able to ask any questions you have.

I can be contacted on 07984 365917 tomorrow midday should you wish to discuss further

regards,

David

Trademark WC

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:42:30 pm »

Any chance you could PM the price of the course? is the course specifically on this subject  as I'm not interested in anything else really.

Also would this allow to me use any craddle without manufacter/installer training?

david willis

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 11:03:36 pm »

Any chance you could PM the price of the course? is the course specifically on this subject  as I'm not interested in anything else really.

Also would this allow to me use any craddle without manufacter/installer training?

no you would still need the onsite training with the maintenence company

to be honest this type of work is to detailed to explain on here, you have my number if you want to chat about it then feel free to call me

Darranvps

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 08:36:58 am »
Hi,

You really need to know some more about the cradle - before you undertake the risk of getting into it.

You will need to see the full maintenance check, when was it carried out and by whom? There are timescales for this.
Many cradles are very different to operate, different mechanisms are used, to cover yourself and the building owner/ manager, you will need to obtain training for the piece of equipment you are going to use.

If you need any help and advise - please give me a call.

tomy jackson

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 09:30:14 am »
numty spings to mined thinking it like dommestik no traning and of you og

AJ

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 10:41:49 am »
numty spings to mined thinking it like dommestik no traning and of you og

If you don't know something, you og and ask someone. Simple.

tomy jackson

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 12:31:47 pm »
hes not is he he wonts to do job with out the traning . he ant interested in that  :o

Dougaldum

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 12:41:17 pm »
i have worked in a cradle with no training very scary indeed!! always remember to use the safety switch so the cradle doesn't slip and always tie the squigy and applicator and bucket to the cradle with a piece of string btw this place wouldnt be stafford county council? is it manual or electric?

Trademark WC

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 04:00:43 pm »

Tommy don't make assumtions on what my intentions are as you have no idea !! You obviuosly missed the questions/points.

I didn't at any point say I'm trying to do it with out any training what I am trying to understand is what the legal requiremnets are, and if there is any official trainning accreditations to get before I do any work.

Can't suffer fools so please dont post on this topic.

Thanks everybody else for the positive feedback, I'm waiting to find out more details ie. make and model and last inspection dates.

I would imagine the craddle to be electric as it was only installed 2 years ago, but I'll check on that thanks.

Rob

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 05:21:22 pm »
dont asume im a fool