This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Re: when it goes right for once
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 09:30:34 pm »
i done 5 hours £123.50p
6 hours yesterday £200 driveway clean
5 hours saturday driveway clean £130 ;D
hope you tell the tax man  ;)

Tom White

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 09:34:15 pm »
Let me fix that for you:

What do you expect posting your earnings on here.
They should be between you and your accountant God  ;D.
Does anyone go in the pub and shout out and brag of their earnings, dear oh dear ::)

Dougaldum

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 10:29:01 pm »
thats very good considering we're in a recession hope your doing the same next year

dmlservices

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:27 pm »
can't understand why any one would want to post earnings on here, it encourages more and more in the trade, and will lower prices,i  know a lot will say "plenty of windows to go round",but this trade could become over saturated.

daz

Elfords Carpet and Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 10:42:55 pm »
No it doesnt.

Gordon Bennett, how is 0.1% of the window cleaning population posting on a forum going to affect others income?

dmlservices

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 10:54:29 pm »
No it doesnt.

Gordon Bennett, how is 0.1% of the window cleaning population posting on a forum going to affect others income?

it does , round my way every day there are loads more staring up , i was doing a long street today and 4 different canvassers turned up, all armed with a rough idea of prices , gives them an oppurtunity to under cut , but if you think posting earnings, and bragging of very high earnings has no impact , then carry on , i will keep my earnings to myself thanks.

daz

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »
Isn't it nice when things go your way for once as you plan your day doing a steady days work in this heat and getting yourself a nice and tidy sum at the end of it... you should be please in yourself and just sit back and crack open your favourite tipple keeping that moment of the day as for tomorrow might not be so good!!

john tomkins

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 11:18:25 pm »
No John, that's the point, it wasn't about earnings.

Sorry cozy but as soon as he added
started at 9am finished 3.30 pm grand total of 12 custy's for £149.50
It was about earnings.

I agree with dmlservices too.....

Loads of new starters my way too, might be even more when the interest rates start climbing anytime soon :(

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 06:01:49 am »
I've had a disastrous day, first clean was OK turned up to do the second job and was asked to squeege the window off after by a customer who I've had for 5 years always done the tops of her chalet bungalow WFP but I only switched the bottoms over last month, as she has a sheltered rear patio I'd kept it trad,
anyhow her reason was it looked like it had been raining when I asked if the clean was OK she replied yes, I reluctantly agreed to do it mainly because she's an old biddy and I like her.

I moved on to next door picked that one up about 6 months ago and she asked me to do the same and I refused, she then told me her windows dried spotty and her husband had to go over them with a squeegee  ::) and she paid more than next door, which is quite true as I hadn't put the price up in 5 years, So I told her they shouldn't be spotty after I'd cleaned and I'd check my TDS and rearrange her clean TDS meter was at home and guess what it was 10 ppm  ??? oops all my fault I guess,
Oh and I calculated the under priced job that's £8   2 monthly should be £16, If I cut my losses with both of them I'll loose a whole £9.50 a month Oh no  ;D ;D ;D  

Sounds like they had been talking to each other.
I did about the same as Woody BTW with WFP - although a fair chunk of the day was on a largish inside clean (they have air con)  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 06:06:58 am »
I've had a disastrous day, first clean was OK turned up to do the second job and was asked to squeege the window off after by a customer who I've had for 5 years always done the tops of her chalet bungalow WFP but I only switched the bottoms over last month, as she has a sheltered rear patio I'd kept it trad,
anyhow her reason was it looked like it had been raining when I asked if the clean was OK she replied yes, I reluctantly agreed to do it mainly because she's an old biddy and I like her.

I moved on to next door picked that one up about 6 months ago and she asked me to do the same and I refused, she then told me her windows dried spotty and her husband had to go over them with a squeegee  ::) and she paid more than next door, which is quite true as I hadn't put the price up in 5 years, So I told her they shouldn't be spotty after I'd cleaned and I'd check my TDS and rearrange her clean TDS meter was at home and guess what it was 10 ppm  ??? oops all my fault I guess,
Oh and I calculated the under priced job that's £8   2 monthly should be £16, If I cut my losses with both of them I'll loose a whole £9.50 a month Oh no  ;D ;D ;D  

i would not have , in this weather they would be dry in no time , don't let the customer dictate how you do the windows.

daz

Same here.  I would have refused on a job that size - even if it meant not getting paid and losing the customer.  On a larger job I might have relented for the one clean (in order to get paid) and attempted to replace the customer before the next visit.
The window cleaner HAS to be the one who chooses the method.
When I first started (trad), I even had someone ask me if I used vinegar and newspaper.  I got her laughing though.  I told her that I run a window cleaning business - not a chip shop.

timon

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 07:52:52 am »
i did about £90 yesturday  free tan also pick up one garden clear up job.two gutter cleaning jobs .