Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How are you finding trade ?

Excellent, Better than last year
21.5%
28 (21.5%)
Good, down a bit on last year but still healthy
19.2%
25 (19.2%)
OK about same as last year
33.8%
44 (33.8%)
Dire, needs to pick up soon or I'm in trouble
21.5%
28 (21.5%)
Terminal, won't be in CC much longer
3.8%
5 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 114

Voting closed: May 29, 2010, 04:57:01 pm

Doug Holloway

M.Acorn

Re: Current Trading
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:05:35 pm »
Good for me,next week got a couple of spaces,in the afternoons,and week after also looking healthy.It`s also helping me to push up prices,as i am not skint,so feel much more confident,and have more of a take it or leave it attitude,example,doing a small 2 bed on Friday £165
What goes around comes around

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 05:27:50 pm »
good for me :) even tho i had three cancleation this week! One tomorrow which was a £250 :( and lost my wallet with 150 in it  >:(

richy27

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 05:44:12 pm »
although this is only my 20th month trading. i can only compare this year against last but for the 1 st 5 months of 2010 i have doubled turnover from 2009

Mike_Roper

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 06:11:23 pm »
Best year ( financial upto april) in 20 yrs last year for me . I thinks its purely because Whitby is still booming so most work is holiday trade related . Bookings for b &b 's is apparently slower so far this year so who knows. Still draw the same modest wage so that money stays in business to cover unforseen occurrence that could befall us all .
Mike

md_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 06:32:22 pm »
Fairly busy, slightly down on last year, but May's been manic and June's looking good to, most work comming in is friends of current customers.
Dave

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 07:49:23 pm »
If we're talking about what's on the board at present then it's ok
But overall since 1st January it's poor compared to previous years.
I've been in this business for 10 years and for the previous 9 years things tend to run between slightly busy to slightly quiet, in other words steady with the odd manic moment. This year it's been running DEAD......flat out.....DEAD....flat out etc.
Previous years I made a point of no working Saturdays but this year I've been doing them to counteract the dead days during the week.

JandS

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 11:21:36 am »
Same here Neil.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 07:39:11 pm »
Just having a look at the results, I wonder if there is a geographical reason, not sure how you could find out ???

bennymon

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 08:48:39 pm »
absolute poope only 1 job booked in for this week  :( :(

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 08:57:11 pm »
2009/10 is 20% down on 2008/09.
 :(
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

The Great One

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »
Hi

So far this year I have been well up but has recently gone dead, didn't help I had to fork out an extra grand this month and didn't work for the whole of April.

Regards

Martin 8)

derek west

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 09:03:03 pm »
up 100% on last year but that doesn't mean i'm doing well. away 3 days this coming week and fully booked for thurs fri, just need to keep the last 2 weeks going as theyve been brill but thats easier said than done.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 09:16:47 pm »
Guess it's like anything - if you started yesterday and did zilch  - then after cleaning a broom cupboard  today - you're ahead of your game.   If you've been at it for a hundred years, you'll find that things are becoming tougher.

Recession for the last year plus!- and struggling?.   You haven't seen anything yet.
You'll find ca half a million public sector workers appearing on the unemployment register & the knock-on effect in the private sector will have an effect on your business.

It all depends on your client mix.   If you deal mainly with one end of the spectrum - you won't have any problems with maintaining or increasing your turnover.   If however the bulk of your business comes from the other half of the spectrum - don't plan to put your name down for a new 'Roller'

clinton

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 09:23:20 pm »
New roller ;D

My client base is what i call the john lewis customer and always has been.

Also thankfully i have a lot of commercial clients who have not cut back( as yet ;D).

Have had a good may and think it will be good in june hopefully...

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:56:13 pm »
absolute poope only 1 job booked in for this week  :( :(

Hey Bennymon, give blackberry a bell they need to spell gallery right on your nav bar!

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 11:19:26 pm »
Even worse just spotted this one  ::)

Magic Dry Perth

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 02:27:57 am »
For myself it's hard to say out here in oz its from July to end of June.  From July till end of Febuary it was up about 20% but then got ill so haven't work for 4 months just starting again now.  I think it would of been up but didn't work so will never know.  The  work for the next couple of weeks is booked to what I want to work so looking good again, but until I come back working 5 full days aweek its still hard to say.
The right way first time every time

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 07:51:42 am »
Hi Guys

Interesting poll which suggests that allowing for positive thinking that most are coping quite well but a number are in trouble.

Hopefully the market will pick up into June which is traditional but I do believe we are in for tough trading conditions for another 2 years or so.

It's important to look at your costs and most of all don't fall for the 'can you take on more work' calls of which I had several last week, which are only ever likely to reduce your bank balance.

Cheers

Doug

M.Acorn

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 03:01:31 pm »
Well today my first job cancelled,after i drove there and called to see what was going on,was going to text and check yesterday,as i was thinking he might do this.Oh sorry mate,one of my relatives did it,and i thought i called you over the weekend and said don`t come !
And another reg custy,who called me on Fri eve to book for June,has postponed me,last time i cleaned for her she rearranged me about 4 times,ahhhh
So got some spaces now this week,but if it`s like this outside then i am not too bothered
What goes around comes around