This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

AFTER  YEARS OF HARD WINDOW CLEANING.

I recon my knees are shot they have started aching like hell and clicking every time I walk, which tells me its not good (and some say no to wfp, if only i did it 10 years ago)

now have a trapped nerve in my neck and back, and shoulder is making me colapse which is highly annoying.

25l Barrels are not good for your body trust me I know if you use them all the time your boardering on metal.

now I have the annoyence of the shoulder thats still annoying me off my chest for a min.

Any one else had any of these and anyone know how to stop it.

Not even beer touches this pain  :o ::)

Ian

p.s if your thinking of window cleaning, or woul think long and hard as you only get one body.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

daz1977

go to a chrioprator and see what they say

Window Washers

go to a chrioprator and see what they say
am going to try that next week, as I am now sick to the back teeth of it.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

G Griffin

It is quite a physical job  :-\ And I often think about this when people go on about how good it is.
   This can be a downside to it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Window Washers

Avoid chiropractors at all costs.  Under no circumstances go to one.  Ever.

Go and see your GP.

V
Gp's are I will not swear, painkiller crazy, I dont want more pain killer I want the pain to go..!!!!!!!

Frankybadboy

good osteopath is worth there weight in gold,

we abuse are body with fAgs,drink junk food,but never pay for the upkeep of are bodies.i have every 3mth vist to osteopath,just for  abit of a service,also i have a massage 1 a mth.

Window Washers

good osteopath is worth there weight in gold,

we abuse are body with f*gs,drink junk food,but never pay for the upkeep of are bodies.i have every 3mth vist to osteopath,just for  abit of a service,also i have a massage 1 a mth.
what parts do they serrvice ? ;D sry have to laugh as dont want to cry!!

I dont smoke any more maybe thats the problem.

♠Winp®oClean♠

Add to those- tennis elbow & carpal tunnel syndrome!!!

Window Washers

I dont mind those, but the knee, neck back and shoulder after near on a month is starting to get on my tips. cost my 4 days last week then had to work like headless chicken, and screwed me up again. totally annoying all day from wake till sleep ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh, I want to work in macdonalds

♠Winp®oClean♠

I dont mind those, but the knee, neck back and shoulder after near on a month is starting to get on my tips. cost my 4 days last week then had to work like headless chicken, and screwed me up again. totally annoying all day from wake till sleep ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh, I want to work in macdonalds

A month!!!!!

I had tennis elbow from wfp for 12 months & had CTS for 16 years!!!

groundhog

Ian, read 'Your bodies Many Cries For Water' It worked for me in more ways than one!!

Window Washers

A month!!!!!

have had a bad shoulder for near on 20 years so I know what you mean, but some things just aint funny and nor are nice to work with, I have gritted my teeth for a month and am now fed right up, I am meant to be enjoying the bank holiday weekend and cant take my mind off the annoying pain.

Window Washers

Ian, read 'Your bodies Many Cries For Water' It worked for me in more ways than one!!
Groundhog you got a link ?

as it goes since I stopped smoking I now drink more and more bottled water everyday, not posh just tastes nicer.

Ian

♠Winp®oClean♠

A month!!!!!

have had a bad shoulder for near on 20 years so I know what you mean, but some things just aint funny and nor are nice to work with, I have gritted my teeth for a month and am now fed right up, I am meant to be enjoying the bank holiday weekend and cant take my mind off the annoying pain.

Know what you mean dude. the tennis elbow is now gone but the CTS drives me mad. working with no feeling in my right hand, pain at night etc. There is an op' you can have but I've heard differing results & it's apparantly a 6 week recovery period too. :(

neil100

Find yourself a good physio.

He sorted my tennis elbow,cts and bad shoulder.

CTS is something he said he could cure and you should not need an operation.

If you see your Doctor about CTS ask him to do an electronic test to see how bad you have got it. They attach sensors to your wrist,arm and fingers and send a small electronic charge and they measure how long the signal takes. From that they know if the signals delayed as it passes through the wrist.

But the problem may be occuring before the wrist. The thumb and two forfingers are connected to nerve endings that travel up the arm and then they go over the shoulder and then down your spine. The nerves and chanell for Your smallest finger and the one next to it, travell up your arm and the nerve chanell then goes about 6cms under your armpit.

A good physio will work on your lats or your shoulders to releive CTS. You will need a few months physio but they will also work on your back and realign your back IE crack it.

I had physio on my shoulder last week. I was hardly sleepinghands swelling up.pins and needles etc. One visit and he sorted it. My own fault I am working 7 days a week w/cleaning and renovating a house. But its the building work thats killing me my shoulders are getting hammered.

All the best Neil.

groundhog

as it goes since I stopped smoking I now drink more and more bottled water everyday, not posh just tastes nicer.

Ian

Hi Ian, I'm not very good at links, but look on Amazon they sell it on there. I read this book and cured myself of asthma, I was taking 3 different types of medication (now I take none!) it also has sections on bad backs and joints etc, I'm not going to try and explain it exactly,you just have to read it and try it out for yourself!!  :)

Window Washers

Ian

Hi Ian, I'm not very good at links, but look on Amazon they sell it on there. I read this book and cured myself of asthma, I was taking 3 different types of medication (now I take none!) it also has sections on bad backs and joints etc, I'm not going to try and explain it exactly,you just have to read it and try it out for yourself!!  :)
Cheers fella got to be worth a try  ;)

to the poster before, what price did you have to pay for the osteo ?

♠Winp®oClean♠

Find yourself a good physio.

He sorted my tennis elbow,cts and bad shoulder.

CTS is something he said he could cure and you should not need an operation.

If you see your Doctor about CTS ask him to do an electronic test to see how bad you have got it. They attach sensors to your wrist,arm and fingers and send a small electronic charge and they measure how long the signal takes. From that they know if the signals delayed as it passes through the wrist.

But the problem may be occuring before the wrist. The thumb and two forfingers are connected to nerve endings that travel up the arm and then they go over the shoulder and then down your spine. The nerves and chanell for Your smallest finger and the one next to it, travell up your arm and the nerve chanell then goes about 6cms under your armpit.

A good physio will work on your lats or your shoulders to releive CTS. You will need a few months physio but they will also work on your back and realign your back IE crack it.

I had physio on my shoulder last week. I was hardly sleepinghands swelling up.pins and needles etc. One visit and he sorted it. My own fault I am working 7 days a week w/cleaning and renovating a house. But its the building work thats killing me my shoulders are getting hammered.

All the best Neil.

Thanks for that, I've been to docs & was booked in for the operation. trouble is they wanted to do it within 3 weeks!!!!

After that I took it no further after hearing first hand experience of the results. Some it cured & some it didn't, with one person needing a second Op'  ???

Paul Coleman

AFTER  YEARS OF HARD WINDOW CLEANING.

I recon my knees are shot they have started aching like hell and clicking every time I walk, which tells me its not good (and some say no to wfp, if only i did it 10 years ago)

now have a trapped nerve in my neck and back, and shoulder is making me colapse which is highly annoying.

25l Barrels are not good for your body trust me I know if you use them all the time your boardering on metal.

now I have the annoyence of the shoulder thats still annoying me off my chest for a min.

Any one else had any of these and anyone know how to stop it.

Not even beer touches this pain  :o ::)

Ian

p.s if your thinking of window cleaning, or woul think long and hard as you only get one body.

Ian.
I know some people think of it as mumbo jumbo, but please do yourself a favour and consider using acupuncture or,  if you have a needle aversion, acupressure.  It's not cheap, it may take a few sessions before noticing benefits, and it may even feel a bit worse temporarily.
I was in big trouble some years ago (long before WFP).  Normally the sort of stuff that was happening righted itself after a few days.  This time, it just wasn't happening though.
Acupressure worked very well for me.  The longer you allow a problem to persist, the longer it can take (usually) for it to come good.
As for the knees, there may be some more immediate relief if you try a simple excercise that a fireman/window cleaner showed me some years ago.  Easy to show - not so easy to describe.

KNEES:-  Before your body cools down after work (i.e. within a few minutes of stopping) stand facing a wall with your feet a few inches from the wall.  Move one foot forward so that the heel is on the ground and the toes are a few inches up the wall so that your toes are pointing upward (don't overdo this).  Then, without moving your feet, gently move your hips towards the wall.  You will feel muscles tighten on the back of your leg.  It's important not to over tighten.  Just rock gently forward, hold a few seconds, then gently rock back.  Do this a few times.  Switch legs and do it for the other leg.  This can be of great help to the knees.

OTHER ACHING AREAS:-  When the muscles are still warm clench the relevant muscles a few times holding for a few seconds and pausing in between.  This should help ease the muscle aches that can develop when they cool down later.

Not sure about trapped nerves.  I think that's where the acupressure might help.

Of course I'm no medic and what I've written should be treated with caution in case of an underlying problem.  No liability accepted etc etc .................

Feel free to phone me if you want to chat further on this.  You know the number.

STEVE-UK

I would recommend a good sports physio, There's no risk and a good one will sort you out

Osteopaths are just a lesser qualified chiropractor, chiropractors can instantly paralyze you with that twist of the neck they do :o