This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Going for it !! jacked my job in.
« on: May 01, 2010, 08:17:39 am »
 :o  .... took the plunge and resigned from my job yesterday .. was sitting their in the bosses office whilst he finished his phonecall and was thinking dont have to do this ... can play safe etc ... then thought better of it and gave him my resignation .... 3 weeks notice  then im on my own !!

Going spend next few weeks looking for a part time job to keep some cash coming in as well as canvassing nearer to my leaving date.

Looking back Im 100% sure Ive made a good decision.

Thanks to all of the guys who have given me some great advice over the last few months !  ;)

Murdie window cleaning

Re: Going for it !! jacked my job in.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:23:34 am »
All the best, but remember and get to the job centre and start signing on and get your dole money like the rest of us  ;)

But seriously I hope it works out for you as that was me 6 months back and there could be some tough times ahead, but if you want it bad enough I'm sure you'll get there.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 08:29:01 am »
Ian

Well done - I nearly posted this the other day but it seems more fitting now.

Your tag line 'He who dares wins' was something that stuck with me from someone I used to work with.

When I first started 10 years ago, from a warehouse I worked shifts and built my round to £700.00 per month before I came to the decision you have got to.

When I first started people laughed but there was one guy who said that to me and I have always remembered it. My life has moved on quite considerably since then but the people who laughed I fear are still in the same place!!

Good luck

Rob ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:29:20 am »
:o  .... took the plunge and resigned from my job yesterday .. was sitting their in the bosses office whilst he finished his phonecall and was thinking dont have to do this ... can play safe etc ... then thought better of it and gave him my resignation .... 3 weeks notice  then im on my own !!

Going spend next few weeks looking for a part time job to keep some cash coming in as well as canvassing nearer to my leaving date.

Looking back Im 100% sure Ive made a good decision.

Thanks to all of the guys who have given me some great advice over the last few months !  ;)
Looking back? You only did it yesterday  ;D.
              Good luck with it.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 08:31:24 am »
good luck

elite mike

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 08:31:56 am »
good luck ian

you will not regret it  8)

mike

wire1078

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 08:36:59 am »
good luck mate

TC1

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 08:45:41 am »
Well done mate, I did the same back in October and have been amazed how quickly things have built up, and most of that was through that crappy winter, so I'm sure you'll be fine! ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 08:50:35 am »
Ian

Well done - I nearly posted this the other day but it seems more fitting now.

Your tag line 'He who dares wins' was something that stuck with me from someone I used to work with.

When I first started 10 years ago, from a warehouse I worked shifts and built my round to £700.00 per month before I came to the decision you have got to.

When I first started people laughed but there was one guy who said that to me and I have always remembered it. My life has moved on quite considerably since then but the people who laughed I fear are still in the same place!!

Good luck

Rob ;D
Was his name Derek and he drove a yellow 3 wheeled van?  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

williamx

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 09:13:00 am »
Ian

Well done, it is a decision that in a few years you will be wondering why you never done it sooner.

Now you have done the hardest part by resigning, now comes the easy bit.  Building up a sucessful business.

Before you start a part time job, check with the tax credits office if you are elligable, also apply for council tax and housing benefit.

Here is a list of what you can also do

1  place an advert in all the free search engines on the web, the likes of free index are the ones you need to look for.

2  Tell everyone that you are now working full time as a window cleaner and you need their help, if they can actively try to get you work you would be grateful.

3  Approach all the local shops and businesses in your area to see if you can place a leaflet in their window (free of charge) advertising your business, you might also pick up some of these as customers.

4  Knock doors every day for the next 8 weeks, this will soon build up a round.

5  Put at least 15% of your taking in a safe place for emergences.

6  Don't let it stress you, remember you are running a business not the business is running you.   

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 09:19:32 am »
Ian

Before you start a part time job, check with the tax credits office if you are elligable, also apply for council tax and housing benet

Why should i pay tax money to support someone who has left a perfectly good full time job ?

You will find the system will tell him the same, Tax credits are for those in genuine need, not for for those down sizing there income.

williamx

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 09:25:10 am »
Why should multi millionairs get child benefit ::)

at least with ian, there is a chance that he will eventually put more back into the tax system more than he has taken out.

Investing in someone, can be a benefit to the whole ;)

daz1977

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 09:28:30 am »
tax credits go on last years income anyway

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 09:34:43 am »
doh...wrong time to chuck in your job to go window cleaning. :o

Just Kidding ;D

had you there for a moment though didnt i?

maybe not 8)

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 09:44:57 am »
good luck ian im sure you wont regret it.my story was a bit different!i was young skint and on the dole after being sacked from a landscaping job!i would have got into a lot more trouble but WINDOW CLEANING SAVED MY LIFE!!

i started working for a local windy for about a year.saved up,bought a van/ladders etc and bought a little round and canvassed a lot over 6 months until i had enough to live off and the rest is history!thats was 16 years ago!

best wishes for a more enjoyable,flexible and better more simplistic life with no boss telling you what to do!!

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 10:26:44 am »
Why should multi millionairs get child benefit ::)

at least with ian, there is a chance that he will eventually put more back into the tax system more than he has taken out.

Investing in someone, can be a benefit to the whole ;)

Tax credits will still ask him that question

stfc

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 10:48:23 am »
ian could you email me at markswindowclean@hotmail.co.uk,might have some work.

regards

JSMC

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 11:51:18 am »
All the best, but remember and get to the job centre and start signing on and get your dole money like the rest of us  ;)

But seriously I hope it works out for you as that was me 6 months back and there could be some tough times ahead, but if you want it bad enough I'm sure you'll get there.

ye left CM? i was messaging someone else thinking it was you LOL. whats yer name again on it

G. camm

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 12:03:41 pm »
ian could you email me at markswindowclean@hotmail.co.uk,might have some work.

regards
wot up in chester mark i could help u out
with anything this way ???

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 12:16:48 pm »
Ian

Before you start a part time job, check with the tax credits office if you are elligable, also apply for council tax and housing benet

Why should i pay tax money to support someone who has left a perfectly good full time job ?

You will find the system will tell him the same, Tax credits are for those in genuine need, not for for those down sizing there income.
Disagree with you on that one.
The Tax credit system helps boost up peoples pay so that people are better off working
ideal in the early days of window cleaning.
People who earn up to about 50k get some Tax credit. 
Think of it another way, he has left a full time job for someone else who wants it, but has not gone on the dole. So someone else will come off the dole for that job. In time if he does well he may employ someone else.
Short term cost for long term benefit. Everyone wins.

I think you should stop reading the Daily Mail.  ;D Only joking.