This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

R W C™

Are these mineral deposits...
« on: April 29, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »
The custy saceked last 2 wc due to these marks, I explained there not wfp but as soon as you rinse they come up straight away, whats caused it, its on every window, ive included pics just before clean, then straight after rinsing, how do I get rid of them?

martinsadie

Re: Are these mineral deposits...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 10:13:23 pm »
its something the builders have used,i can never get it off

Alun Whyte

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 10:16:09 pm »
Looks like mineral deposits. Is it on all windows? and i take it you are sure it aint between the panes. Have you tried anything else on it other than pure water?

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:16:44 pm »
It looks like it mate, try some mineral deposit remover.
WCW sells it.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

R W C™

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 10:20:37 pm »
This house isnt that old, It feels rough on the brush,Ive got this my self on one window at my hose but its on backdoor, this is on a large 4 bedroom house and is on every window,  and its annoying...

windowswashed

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 12:12:09 am »
Does the customer clean the easy reach/popular windows themselves with a detergent/chemicals between window cleaning visits? Do these panes of glass sheet normal when rinsing or do they bubble up?

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:19:29 am »
i have one account that has exactly the same marks on all the front windows!i just told em no way can i remove that with a mop and blade!!theyre not bothered now as they know gg3 works wonders on all the back windows!! :D ;) ;D ;D ;D :P
price higher/work harder!

R W C™

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 08:11:32 am »
Does the customer clean the easy reach/popular windows themselves with a detergent/chemicals between window cleaning visits? Do these panes of glass sheet normal when rinsing or do they bubble up?

No there not cleaning between cleans, no soap coming off I know its not detergent drying, they sheet but straight away pic 2 happens,

Dave OSullivan

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:32:25 am »
Have they had the walls treated?

I've just started doing one that looks like this and they had the walls treated because of condensation in the house according to the son.

If it's silicone based, you could try a local window company and see what cleaner they use.

tomy jackson

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 08:47:14 am »
have they had out side of house water prufed if so the onley way is scape it off

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 09:05:06 am »
have they had out side of house water prufed if so the onley way is scape it off

If it is mineral deposits you can't scrape it off.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

williamx

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:09:08 am »
I could be quite a lot of things that are causing this condition , but it is removable.

I use T-cut on a squeegie and really scrub the marks then rinse off and you kept on repeating until the glass is mark free.

You need to charge extra for this work.

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 10:11:45 am »
to me it looks like tomsuns water profinf ,ok it mit be anuther make ,but you shud have tryed to scrape a small aeria when you wear ther  ??? ???