Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Gregory

Re: Chemical to clean rendered walls
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 08:49:27 pm »
Ok sorry for not seeing the bit about not being able to use heat due to the fish. I am not sure by the time it got to there water it would be too hot anyway. However if the customer says no they say no!!!

Another thought i had about this one today. There is a small flat surface cleaner that you can hold on the wall. FR30 i think by Karcher. This will give a gentler kinder clean anyway. But here is the clever bit. The FR30 (i think) has a vacuum port on it, now Numatic do a wet vac that you can connect to the FR30 if you get the correct Numatic wet vac it has a auto pump out system. Link the pump out hose down the fowl drain and you dont have to stop to empty the wet vac. No water will now run down the wall.

Maybe the customer may now allow heat or a better chemical.

On the chemical front i never trust what is written on the outside of the bottle. Have herd of some dodgy outcomes before.

BDCS

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 09:49:18 pm »
The customer just wants it clean so long as they get no grief from the EA. I have a wall float with a vacuum port but it takes ages and access is a problem even from the cherry picker. I will use hot as I think the EA say no to anything just to cover their arse.

BDCS

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 09:57:24 am »
After the many phone calls to the EA over the last few weeks and the initial no to everything I have sorted the job out with the EA, the first woman was obviously on the wrong week but I have spoken to the boss ! He suggested Sodium peroxide at 35% as thats what they use to re oxygenate water after a sewage spill but was happy that I use the sodium percarbonate. It was nice to speak to someone who would look at options rather than dismiss everything. The job goe ahead this Thursday

martin19842

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 10:42:05 am »
hi there

we are working on a potential project at the moment where all the water must be tankered away from site, very expensive, and logistically a challenge.

one question though, how much water is already in the stream, ?? as by the time heated water hits the stream an amont of heat will have been lost, and then the remainder of heat will be reduced by the water already in the stream. stream water can be extremely cold.

regards

martin

BDCS

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 11:28:06 am »
Its quite a fast flowing stream as it powered the watermill, the first woman wanted me to collect the water - she seemed happy for me to give up cleaning, using chemicals and sign on but her boss came from the real world. I don't see the heat thing as you say is negligable. Anyway he said peroxide and we settled on percarbonate

BDCS

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 10:12:22 pm »
The job was arranged so the cherry picker was delivered to site, as I said there is a stream over which is a bridge which is hundreds of years old. The cherry picker had a 14m reach and weighed 10 tonnes, the driver drove it off of the low loader and onto the drive but the customers car was blocked in so the driver drove the machine onto the bridge which then collapsed and the cherry picker was in the river  ::) ::) The driver then got in his lorry and done a runner ! It took a 20 tonne digger to retrieve the cherry picker from the river. When I arrived the next day to clean the building the customer was somewhat stressed which was eased when she saw the results. I also helped the contractors repair the bridge. Anyway I never needed chemical as it came off a treat with just heat - that was what this thread was about