This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

Hose
« on: August 15, 2005, 06:07:03 pm »
Ive had my van mounted wfp system for approx 1 month now im using it on larger properties and some small leaded georgian jobs. i would like to start using it on streets where i have loads of 2-4 bedroom house but feel that by the time ive dragged the hose round id have lost so much time i may as well do them for nothing. The more ive used wfp i found that im not getting so tangled with hose and tripping over it or pulling up small tree (slight exagertion) with it. do anybody successfully use van mounted systems on small properties if so can you give me any advice( i know its hard to without actually showing in person). is it best to have a trolley for small properties. please give me you opinions because sometimes i feel that wfp is the best thing since sliced..... ;D and other times i feel its the biggest waste of money since chocolate tea pots :'(. thanks for reading and i hope ive made some kind of sense.

gaza

Re: Hose
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 06:28:07 pm »
twt:a trolley system is a must have piece of kit,I sufferred with it while changing over my domestic cus it took so long to get around,Ive gone back to ladders for some work because of this problem having to drag hoses 30/40 yrds or more around and down hedge rows ,around two gardens to get to the one I was going to work on

Im now building a trolly system, then looking for new customers.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

wash & go window cleaners

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 06:35:37 pm »
twt

I have the same problem as you. It takes more time to pull the hose out, do the job, rewind the hose and then move on to the next house. A trolley system  is essential for smaller properties. I jumped in feet first and got the van mount which is great for contract work. But have learn't that i need to buy a trolley system.

Tom

MrT_Beef

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 07:14:43 pm »
do what nrml ppl do and use a bucket and water ...much less hassle

gaza

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 07:20:41 pm »
mr t beef :2nd post well done  welcome to the forum if no ones welcolmed you on your first posting.

use bucket like others do,no thanks
 gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

wash & go window cleaners

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 07:22:26 pm »
Mr t beef
Can you clarify the term (NORMAL PEOPLE ) PLEASE

marc al

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005, 08:14:01 pm »
  have you thought of a backpack for the rears of these sort of houses, i am considering it.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 08:30:22 pm »
safety first not matter how long it takes .wfp or bungalows .im starting to get paranoid about ladders even though i have never had a big fall in seven years,keep thinking ive had a lucky run and only time will shorten my odds

dave

Perfectly Clean

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 08:38:38 pm »
Hi,
I've had a few problems with the WFP too.  I tried to persist but have now realised that a ladder is easier on some properties.  There are a few houses where I can only use the pole on the front so what I do is leave the trolly in the car and just do the front then grab the ladders for the back.. I think the key is, is to weigh it up speed, access and most importantly Safety........

Thanks Paul

Ian_Giles

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2005, 08:40:21 pm »
Well my own system is like a mini-van mount, operates out of the back of my Toyota Corolla hatchback.
On my domestic accounts it mostly works absolutely fine; I have 50m of standard size hose and about 15-20m of the smaller pole hose.

I pop the hatch, turn on pump, pinch hose shut so I don't waste my precious pure water ;) Make sure I have the right length of pole for whatever size property I am on and then walk around to the furthest point of the house and then work my way back around the house.

A standard, stand alone semi that would take about 15-20 minutes to do trad I can do in 10-15 minutes.
I'm not talking about going at full race speed, done as fast as possible you cold do these houses in 10 minutes using trad, but you would be going flat out and the frames would not be done either! (they are with the WFP)

Even a small house can be done just about as quick as with trad methods.

It is all about planning how you get around a property.

I also have a trolley, sometimes it is quicker with the trolley, or rather it is impratical to use the house from the car.

If you have a van, then getting a trolley out is the work of a moment. And as you already have all of the gear you need, then getting hold of a trolley is not expensive (depending on your system though you may also have to get hold of a pump box if the one you have is integral to your van mount system)

And then of course there is always the backpack for those awkward to reach properties ;D

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 08:50:29 pm »
Aside from the potential of an accidental  trip over the hose being fed from the van, running over pedestrial walkways etc it is just too time consuming to keep moving the van for domestic work.  We invested in an omnitrolley (but any system would do) and cant work without it.  Fill and go. You can lock the van safely whilst doing the backs unlike when using a hose.

Finally, we tried a backpack but for us doing mainly residentail top and bottoms with wfp it needed re-filling far too often and after several hours continuous use it made my back ache.  
ALL A PERSONAL CHOICE THOUIGH SO WHATEVER SUITS !!
Sarah

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2005, 10:44:02 pm »
I use a trolley (broxburn 2 x 25 litre containers). It's good on domestic especially in villages where access is limited.

Locked garden gates are the biggest pain.
It's a game of three halves!

twt

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2005, 10:57:55 pm »
thanks 4 all your replies think im gonna have to get a trolley.

steve k

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2005, 08:17:28 am »
I must be lucky with my houses because I just pull the van out, switch on pump and pull the hose along the street stopping at each house...do the front and back...sometimes a ladder is used to get over flat roofed garages and down into back...I just pull hose over with me.
I have 80metres of hose and a simple B+Q water control valve near the brush.
When it`s time to move, my mate feeds the hose and I just drive slowly to next stopping point for another 80 metres of work.

twt

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2005, 06:05:05 pm »
hi steve i work by myself so i dont get any help with the hose, also dont you worry about some fool tripping over your hose and taking you to the cleaners.
phil

steve k

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2005, 07:02:04 pm »
why.. ??? makes life so easy...it also came with the van...rolls off nice and easy and I don`t have any problems that other polers are discussing.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2005, 07:58:25 pm »
Same here 50 mtrs comes off nice and easy, plus extra 50 mtrs if needed..
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz