This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleewindows

window question road grime
« on: April 26, 2010, 11:59:24 am »
ive been cleaning a hotel,i have cleaned the outsides twice and thought they looked great(not been cleaned for 3 years)
today i cleaned the insides which hadnt been done for 3 years (minging)
 Anyway after i had cleaned the insides i realised how dirty the outsides was,(yuk they are filthy )only cleaned them on saturday no white spots just look very dirty still!
 Is there anything i can dip a brush in and then wfp off?
i have a spare brush on a 20ft pole i could dip in!
what should i use?
cheers

formb

Re: window question road grime
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 12:01:18 pm »
Fairy will do the job.

GG3 will do the job quicker.

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 12:02:39 pm »
i have started to tfr everything on a first clean, as it says me hassle,  ended up setting up a 125 l tank in van just for it,  means more rinsing but,  i dont get any complaints they are still dirty,  some use gg3 instead

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 12:04:19 pm »
nice one cheers
would squeegee off be anygood?i have some tfr but a bit wary about using it,what trf do you use?
cheers
i have started to tfr everything on a first clean, as it says me hassle,  ended up setting up a 125 l tank in van just for it,  means more rinsing but,  i dont get any complaints they are still dirty,  some use gg3 instead

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 12:08:37 pm »
ecover,   any thing that will cut throught the grime will do,  try and use warm/hot water this is better,  i got to do a pharmancy/doctors, which is minging,  doing the first clean on a sunday, as no one is there,  so easier for me

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:21:55 pm »
i cleaned a new commercial job last week and the windows were filthy.i used a trad pole and gg3 and theyve come up great after a lot of scrubbing/scraping etc.

as there on a main road and are on a 6 weekly do you think wfp wont get them clean if i use it on them next time? ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ???
price higher/work harder!

dmlservices

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 10:56:04 pm »

i've always used gg3 on first cleans, but just bought some deepclean tfr, for conservatory roof's, tried it on first cleans,does a better job on initial cleans on both frames and glass , it does need more rinsing though.

daz

mci services

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 10:57:20 pm »
i cleaned a new commercial job last week and the windows were filthy.i used a trad pole and gg3 and theyve come up great after a lot of scrubbing/scraping etc.

as there on a main road and are on a 6 weekly do you think wfp wont get them clean if i use it on them next time? ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ???

they will be fine wfp if you already have them clean. clees problem is they are minging windows that havent been done in three years

but its good hes brought it up as if you do insides its often an eye opener to the quality of your work whether wfp or trad

cleewindows

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 07:48:12 am »
it was a absolute shock and i really scrubbed hard,just goes to show,i think the dirt off the road is the main contribution as its just been relayed and took about 8 months to do.
 But after next clean they will be gleaming!

they will be fine wfp if you already have them clean. clees problem is they are minging windows that havent been done in three years

but its good hes brought it up as if you do insides its often an eye opener to the quality of your work whether wfp or trad

james44

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12:17 am »
TRy sugar soap it is a deep cleaner!

I use it all the time

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:50:47 am »
Don't use soap or fairy as you'll have loads of spots after. If you feel that you should use something then stick to a tfr or a truckwash. It is amazing how dirty windows can get in a few days though especially next to a road, so I wouldn't bother, you
will just be adding complications to the job.

Simon.