Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Re: Collecting and husbands...
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 02:28:41 pm »
Just had message on phone with the wife (shes really nice) apologising...poor girl

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 02:38:48 pm »
Get in there  ;D

luther1

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2009, 03:06:07 pm »
If you had a misses like mine you'd go collecting too.

LWC

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 04:06:27 pm »
If you had a misses like mine you'd go collecting too.

here here lol!

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2009, 04:23:52 pm »
Don't collect, don't collect, don't collect, don't collect, don't collect ...

I like collecting :)

I get to see customers face to face that otherwise I'd never see.

I like the chat on the doorstep and it helps give my service the 'personal' touch ;)

Tosh

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »
I'm currently skint; though all the bills and shopping have been paid/covered (just); but I'm outstanding just about all of my commercial work payments I've done this month, and a few from last month too (it all adds up to a tidy sum I could book a holiday with); and I did them all at the beggining of the month.

The only thing I like about collecting from domestic customers is that it keeps my cash flow to a reasonable level; especially at times like now; and I can cover the bills.

I really dislike being skint when I'm owed so much money.

Fieldsy

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 04:56:28 pm »
A lady asked if we could quote for her house, so we did, and put a card through her letterbox while she was out. We then hear that the husband refuses to pay for the windows to be done and that HE will do them himself (yh ok). Lady has given him an ultimatum, do the windows within the next two weeks or we get the job...lol   He works 12 hour shifts, the windows are mostly leads, one sitting above a pitched roof and two large sets of patio doors, one of which is on the 1st floor !!

Oh I do like it when the female of the species puts her foot down  ;D
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

jaykie

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 05:05:15 pm »
A lady asked if we could quote for her house, so we did, and put a card through her letterbox while she was out. We then hear that the husband refuses to pay for the windows to be done and that HE will do them himself (yh ok). Lady has given him an ultimatum, do the windows within the next two weeks or we get the job...lol   He works 12 hour shifts, the windows are mostly leads, one sitting above a pitched roof and two large sets of patio doors, one of which is on the 1st floor !!

Oh I do like it when the female of the species puts her foot down  ;D

PMSL, I was the Male in these situations 12 months ago, we got town house and my missus asked a w/c how much, £15 was his price, i told her theres no way and that ill do them, lol she said, if you say so, within 2 months id bought a renault trafic, got 650 ltr system put in and now i clean my own windows (when i can be bothered) oh and when i now quote for 3 storey town houses i know exactly what the man of the house says when the doors shut  ;D

Chris

Fieldsy

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 08:11:30 pm »
lol  excellent story Chris  ;D    Somehow I don't think this guy will be starting up though  ::)   
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

johnny_h

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 08:21:15 pm »
one of the reasons i wont colect is the attitude of the  husbands and hate it even more if they are in when i do them they seem to think its so easy have been told " dont bother mate " and not gone back only to be confronted by the wife who went totally nuts when she found hed cancelled he does them now every now and again ive been told takes up most of his saturday when he does
AUDI VIDE TACE