Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Inside cony roofs
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »
Regarding the planning, I would have split the two onto different days but this is what happens (a gutter job stones throw from my house)

Hi, the cost to clear the guttering would be £60.00 if required I can carry this out at the end of the month.
Regards

Custy Hi
Could we fix a date, preferably either 29 or 31 August?

Me Hi, I should be there on Friday.

Custy
Sorry, we've just made other arrangements for Friday this week.
Could you come on Sat this week, or on Tue or Fri next week? Please confirm ASAP.

Me
Not sure about next week as the next two weeks were being kept for something else. I might be able to do it tomorrow afternoon.

Custy  Hi
Tomorrow is unsuitable.
I don't mind waiting until mid-September. But not every date is suitable for me, and I really need you to firmly commit to a particular date. Could you suggest a date or two after your busy two weeks?

Me I wouldn't commit to a day for a gutter clean as it can end up unsuitable for myself. I've done it in the past for the customer to change their mind at the last minute. I've taken the job off the planner.
Regards

why does the customer have to be at home for a gutter job?(or any other outside job for that matter)surely you can just turn up,do the job and leave a bill......or is their access issues?(having to go through garage to access the backs)....
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2018, 07:00:05 pm »
Need a plug socket for the vacuum

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2018, 07:10:10 pm »
Need a plug socket for the vacuum

another reason to NOT buy a gutter vac! ;D

Plankton

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2018, 10:11:46 pm »
I've got a geny for any vac work but I only use it when it suits me which is very rare. I see them walking past with their wee dug all the time and clean windows either side of them but their just odd! I've had that "firm date" patter before and as your working outside at height or spraying biocide then the weather plays a part so there has to be flexibility, it's not like I'm cleaning their fecking carpet or something. He actually said the Friday suited them and it happened that the Friday was free so when I've said people have changed their mind at the last minute he was one of them. No access issues no need for them to be in and I wasn't planning it in again.

This other cony job is now texting asking why I won't do it.  ::)roll ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2018, 01:43:15 pm »
I've got a geny for any vac work but I only use it when it suits me which is very rare. I see them walking past with their wee dug all the time and clean windows either side of them but their just odd! I've had that "firm date" patter before and as your working outside at height or spraying biocide then the weather plays a part so there has to be flexibility, it's not like I'm cleaning their fecking carpet or something. He actually said the Friday suited them and it happened that the Friday was free so when I've said people have changed their mind at the last minute he was one of them. No access issues no need for them to be in and I wasn't planning it in again.

This other cony job is now texting asking why I won't do it.  ::)roll ::)roll

you dont need messers like that....id have told them a long time ago that they dont have to be in for me to do the job and that id leave a bill through their door if their not in once ive done the job....

whats wrong with these people?...idiots..... ::)roll

i cant remember the last time i had a messer like that... it was years ago!....

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 05:01:44 pm »
I'm not a fan of doing them, but if it's an existing customer and they are good (most of mine are) then I'll do it.
I like the conservatory clear of anything (I don't mind doing it) and mop and blade and then clean the floor after.
I price it well and only do it on rainy days. I arrange to phone in the morning (on the day) if they are in then great, if not, it gets put back to the next rainy day. A little bit of leeway on both sides, works well for me.

Having said all that, one of my customers is an ex army officer. He has the mother of all conservatories and wants the insides done. This year I have softwashed his huge driveway, plus 2 patios, side accesses, fsg all round, gutter clear, etc etc. All well paid and they are a very nice couple. His window clean is 4 weekly and never a problem.

I have managed to put this off until February next year. And when it arrives, it will be a tester of patience for me.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2018, 05:20:57 pm »
I've lost the odd customer because I refuse to do insides..I not bothered....I'm virtually all WFP these days.....and that's the way I like it....

I did recently pick up an ex customer who sacked me years ago for this....now she excepts I don't do them....happy days 8)