Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Re: do custies think we're stupid!
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2014, 06:17:26 pm »
My customers think I am stupid. They're not wrong.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

C o z y

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 06:27:53 pm »
 ;D ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 07:16:21 pm »
had a monster farm house to clean before christmas and it hadnt been done in a long time judging by the usual spiders eggs buggs etc.
contacted her a month later to be told her regular windie was back which sh never mentioned before so i just left it as i dont steal anyones work, i didnt believe her anyway!
today shes txt me asking if i can go round cleaning her windows as a one off as her windie has broke his foot lol, personally i dont think she has a window cleaner whatsoever but ive text her back saying i can fit her in after ive done my regulars and its now double the price for one off's and suprise suprise shes not got back!
im quite lucky that this is the only meser i got at the moment but as im still building my round i presume i'll gt more of these fools!

I mean no disrespect to you, but its not the customer thats the fool. They're probably the type of person that doesn't want to commit to a regular service. I personally have no problems with this type of customer, you just need to get paid accordingly. When pricing a new job i charge double, at least. I don't actually say its double i just give them the price. Then i offer a reduction for a regular service if they want it. What i won't do is clean a mess up for a monthly price for someone to say...thanks we'll call you again.
   I understand you're starting off and are keen to get customers on your books so want to entice them and not scare them off with a high initial clean. Stick to your guns for three reasons.
1) if they want them doing they'll pay
2) if they want a regular service afterwards they'll happily agree without persuasion.
3) if they don't want a regular service then you've been paid correctly for what you've done.

I've yet to meet a customer who has not understood you want more money for something that is absolutley filthy. And i've also yet to meet a customer who says there's no window cleaners round where they live, there usually is and theres a reason they're asking you and not them.
  Thats my take on it anyway.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

C o z y

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 07:27:54 pm »
Good post, good attitude.
No still don't understand, I must be thick