Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Re: Just had my insurance renewal for van:(
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 05:29:53 pm »
I don't think that blame for the high insurance was directed at the government, but the fact that they openly say "we will help start ups" and then other things like insurance cost the earth :)

They promise to help people to start up here in Ireland as well. However, when I went to see if I could get any help, they told me that if I came to Ireland looking for work I had come to the wrong place, and I was advised to go back to England.

Nine months later I am slowly but surely making it work. My family haven't missed a meal and the rent is up to date. No thanks to the powers that be that proclaim that they help people willing to graft but prove false to their claims.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

MWC

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »
Have a chat with autonet insurance, they got me the best deal by far.

http://www.autonetinsurance.co.uk/

For some reason, I still think of myself as a young driver - but I turned 30 last week  :(

Not a chance would i use autonet, massive apr rates and jokers when you want to cancel a policy, £50 fee.

mikecam

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2012, 11:15:59 pm »
I am sick to the back teeth of insurance for young drivers! I am 19 years old trying to make a go of owning my own business and so far over achieved what I first though after 2 years! I think some incentive for young people trying to get going self employed were you get. 25% cheaper insurance! My vans a x reg partner Probly worth 1000 yet I'm paying 1500:/
Anyone got any ideas?
Hey you aint special or victimised. I'm 50, no points and 10 years plus no claims and my renewal quotes where only marginally cheaper than yours. If you've overachieved then you'll have plenty to spare on insurance.

You need to move from wherever you live!!!!! :o :o ;D

I know, i been here 20+ years in same house. Not our fault its a high crime area !!  ;D

mikecam

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2012, 11:19:22 pm »
So because I have over achieved Its fine that I spend the money I have made on insurance... Priceless! Yeh my point is the government are always trying to set up schemes to get young people starting off on their own... How are they going to be able to afford insurance like that!!!!
I'm just making the point it affects us all, not just YOU. How am i supposed to afford it, i do the same job as you and i'm a proven no risk , or at least a less risk ? Are we all "in it together?" or should you pay less because your're young?

mikecam

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2012, 11:22:22 pm »
It's also the million plus uninsured drivers who we all have to subsidise when the plonkers decide to crash into the back of Mrs Smith at the lights.

No its not. Uninsured drivers do not add hundreds to your premiums. Infact all that data of what uninsured drivers actually cost the rest of us who pay is freely available on the Motor Insurers Bureau website. Top of my head with out checking is that they add about a tenner to the average policy...........go check yourself and find out the facts.

Kev Munn

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 11:34:20 pm »
Go to A Plan Insurance, I've been with them 4 years and I pay £47 a month and that is fully comp + cover for waterfed pole equipment. I had a claim recently, a car crashed into the back of my Fiat Ducato 2.8jtd van, A pkan were brilliant, they gave me a replacement can fully fitted with a (pure freedom) waterfed pole system. I would highly recommend them.

Regards, Kev.

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2012, 11:38:58 pm »
25yrs old. 4years no claims. Had licence nearly 8yrs .

Insured an 08 transit, and landrover discovery for less than 800 ;)

mister bit

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 07:39:30 am »
i moved from a crap town to a posh town and my insurance halved on my van so it's as much about postcodes as it is about age.

cheers

Splash 4 Cash

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 08:18:09 am »
Hi guys I am new to this forum.So don`t want to rock the boat, but its only the government who have the power to to rectify this injustice and they are there to protect us from unfair practice. I do not feel the 1500 charges stack up if you apply your mind to the matter.Thanks

DB Cleaning Services

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 08:37:59 am »
I've got a vivaro & a berlingo I pay £650 on 1 & £700 on the other ,that's with 2 named drivers 22 and 29 year old,fully comp thru post office insurance,I only pay £900 for my Audi a4 s line with my son named on it at 22 ,that's with Churchill  ;)

H20cleaning

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2012, 09:59:17 am »
Precisely it isn't just the goverment however tere wanting to encourage young people to start businesses yet don't give help on the most important things insurance etc I can honestly say I saved up every single penny's self payed ban equiptment leaflets uniform etccc pay national insurance on time... They haven't helped me one bit

AshWhite

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2012, 10:10:35 am »
I don't get some of these prices, I pay less than £700 for my Relay with water tank. I had no no-claims, but they did 'mirror' some soft of NCB from my time in the motor trade. Started the policy last year, aged 29 for £630 (its gone up £50 on renewal, but still the cheapest quote I've had). THAT is why use Autonet.
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

g.brookes

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2012, 11:45:17 am »
but if you looked in the right place you could have had help off the government/local council.  anyway, no one owes you anything in this world.  we are self employed and therefore self reliant.   

H20cleaning

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2012, 06:24:47 pm »
There is no right place to look for help with insurance actually unless you take their UNi type loan and I would then be in a worse position.. ???

Tara Turner

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:27 pm »
Have a chat with autonet insurance, they got me the best deal by far.

http://www.autonetinsurance.co.uk/

For some reason, I still think of myself as a young driver - but I turned 30 last week  :(

I just searched about 5 different companies and comparison sites and autonet came up with the cheapest quote.

Tara Turner

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2012, 12:43:29 pm »
autonetinsurance came up with the cheapest quote.

TT