Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

Re: What is the Ionic's Glyder made of?
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2009, 08:57:49 am »
Forget the finish the pole must do it`s job well,Hybrid poles are cheap as chips and don`t last 5 minutes.

this is a big point, its made completely differently to the hybrid, a different finish, its feels and looks much tougher
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

clean

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2009, 11:35:15 am »
Here is a pic for anyone who has`nt see it yet  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2009, 11:50:26 am »
They say it is the lightest in the world which is completely inaccurate as the SL-X is!

Also, it never inspires confidence in the rigidity of a product when they advise not using the top section for most work.

macmac

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2009, 12:31:01 pm »
They say it is the lightest in the world which is completely inaccurate as the SL-X is!

Also, it never inspires confidence in the rigidity of a product when they advise not using the top section for most work.

Yeah, & make the tip twice as heavy!  top advise! ;D plonkers

Tony

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2009, 05:48:05 pm »
Only use the thinnest section when needed.  What an absolutely shockingly bad tip.  What do you do if you get it up and then realize you need it. DOH.

Simon.

drwindows

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 05:58:45 pm »
what is that a page from?

NWH

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 06:22:37 pm »
When you extend the pole at the tip it somehow makes the pole feel lighter and easier to use,sounds to me like they think it`ll snapped.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 06:23:28 pm »
doubt very much it would snap , it felt as tough as an sl-x
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

windowswashed

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2009, 06:48:14 pm »
Ionic poles are so much heavier at the bottom (base).
Why would anyone in their right mind want to buy a pole with a caution to use the top (lightest section), only as a last resort, (to maximise the rigidity of the pole). That's like buying a sports car and being advised to treat it like the family car, where's the fun of buying one.
I use SL-X and SL-2 poles because I know they are tried & tested by a window cleaner developing products to sell on to other window cleaners who live in the real world.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 07:38:33 pm »
Ionics haven't changed one iota.  :-\

pure_genius

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2009, 07:59:15 pm »
the glyder looks pretty good on their video www.ionicsystems.com, has anyone got one yet? 

ftp

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2009, 08:22:45 pm »
Looks a little whippy to me for carbon? Chunky clamps.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2009, 09:18:40 am »

Yea looks more whippy then an SL-X, the clamps are so chunky, it's just silly.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2009, 09:48:56 am »
I have just had a look at the video of their 72ft pole (68ft actual) in use. Take a look at how the operator extends the brush head along the pavement before lifting. Surely this cannot be Ionic's recommended cleaning technique.

WCE

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »
I have just had a look at the video of their 72ft pole (68ft actual) in use. Take a look at how the operator extends the brush head along the pavement before lifting. Surely this cannot be Ionic's recommended cleaning technique.
Alex it's worse than that its the E2 65 that he extends the pole along the pavement (hope the road sweeper had been round ;D ), the one with the 6ft sections they dont bother to show you how the guy extends the 72 footer with it's 8 ft sections  ::)  LOL
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2009, 12:56:29 pm »
My concern would be the muck on the brush. You could do the same technique, but rest the gooseneck on the ground (scratch it up a bit) with the bristles up.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2009, 04:43:14 pm »
Alex it's worse than that its the E2 65 that he extends the pole along the pavement (hope the road sweeper had been round ;D ), the one with the 6ft sections they dont bother to show you how the guy extends the 72 footer with it's 8 ft sections  ::)  LOL

Good heavens :o

I can't believe you people are so devoid of innovation.

The solution is perfectly obvious to me, all you need to do is carry a six foot step ladder around with you ::)

newpy

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2009, 04:45:52 pm »
My concern would be the muck on the brush. You could do the same technique, but rest the gooseneck on the ground (scratch it up a bit) with the bristles up.

I agree, i thought the technique was to walk the pole up, not contaminate the brush with all sorts of debris. Wouldn't a small 1" double castor fixed to the back of the gooseneck be the solution to rolling the gooseneck down along the ground, rather than grinding it down!
As for how the operator lifting the pole like that, i'm sure his back won't last very long! Yes it may demonstrate the rigidity/weight of pole but that's it.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2009, 07:21:39 pm »

your forgetting the brush on it weighs much more than the sl brush, id say the sl-x is slightly stiffer, but onlt by a tiny amount

And those c****y clamps, thats what impressed me, they are great for getting bashed about a bit

[GQC] Tim

Re: What is the Ionic's Glyder made of? New
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2009, 07:31:39 pm »

your forgetting the brush on it weighs much more than the sl brush, id say the sl-x is slightly stiffer, but onlt by a tiny amount

And those c****y clamps, thats what impressed me, they are great for getting bashed about a bit

I used that brush on my SL-X too, but even then I think the SL-X is stiffer. Maybe slightly, I must admit, but still. The SL-X clamps can take a beating too, I've dropped it several times, not much of a problem. :)