Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Joe H

Re: 6 Jet Wand
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2008, 05:41:56 pm »
What taxes and duties are there to pay ?

Kev Loomes

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2008, 05:51:52 pm »
Good point Joe - I really dont know. I just presumed that the price was all in as is most things off ebay. I e mailed the company and he confirmed that the price is all in and shipped.

Is there an automatic procedure to pay any duties and tax etc? Or does it just arrive on your doorstep? I havent bought anything from the US before so excuse me for being a bit dim witted with this side of things!

Anyone else know?

David Ware

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 05:59:50 pm »
Theres a duty, to pay plus VAT, not sure how much.

All the best
David Ware

mark shannon

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 06:11:22 pm »
Greenie wand was 420+v from HM

Dave_Lee

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 07:26:36 pm »
Hi Kev,
Yes I saw the Glider, couldnt really miss it, a Yellow Hybrid. I prefer the slotted and it has to be a GREENGLIDE, cause the others just are not the same quality. Greenglides are more robust than others that I have come across and have less chance of distortion and air leaks and they are of a firmer fit. Personally I would find the extra dosh and get a Greenhorn.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 01:58:28 am »
Feel free to fire away some questions, i am very familiar with the manufacturer of these wands as they are near me, I don't choose to sell that line of tools, if youa re just looking for a backup wand or a spare for a porty you use a few times a month, no problem, excellent value, but for a daily tool and your main weapon you can do better.

When you are looking at tools you must look at all things in detail, from the gauge of the metal, to the quality of the welds, a tool that has broken on a job isn't much of a value even if it were free.
I could probably make a list of things you would look for in a better than average tool, but let me start by answering your questions.

Who is first?

Greenie

elliott cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 08:52:34 pm »
As I mentioned above, I have bought bits & pieces from xactools. All have been fine.  Would I purchase a more important item like a wand from them, no.
Think you have given a fair assessment in your post, Greenie. Don't think many questions will crop up

*paul_moss

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 09:01:17 pm »
Greenie with more of the guys moving onto 2.5 inch hose now is there a wand out there in 2.5inch or expanded to.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Joe H

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 09:12:49 pm »
As I mentioned above, I have bought bits & pieces from xactools. All have been fine.  Would I purchase a more important item like a wand from them, no.
Think you have given a fair assessment in your post, Greenie. Don't think many questions will crop up

I dont see a reason why you wouldnt "purchase a more important item like a wand from them"
Could you explain a bit more

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:56 pm »
I've used this company before when i bought a stair tool with a glide but they said at the time (November 07) that because of the length of the wands the price is a lot more expensive as it exceeds a standard carriage charge.

Shaun

lands

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 10:13:06 pm »
You just got in Shaun?

Is she unpacking whilst you feed your habit?

Your E30 is working lovely by the way (got a few curly's in it now though) ;D

Pete

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 04:48:02 pm »
Washing and ironing is a breeze when you own a shop that does it.

Unpacking well that's for girls :o

Shaun

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 08:39:02 pm »
Greenie with more of the guys moving onto 2.5 inch hose now is there a wand out there in 2.5inch or expanded to.

I have seen a wand with a 2.5" bore, and who knows you may see them mainstream someday, but I'm not real hot on the idea.  Now, that said I do have several customers who hook 2.5" to a 2" wand....I couldn't do it when I was cleaning, but apparantly they are.

I say I'm not real hot on the idea because I have seen what a 12' lead section of 2" hose coupled to 150' of 2.5" can deliver.... simply amazing vacuum, so I am seeing diminished returns on going larger at this point. If you can get a 100% nylon cut pile carpet dry in 30 mins. or a polyprop dry in 20 mins. are we really questing for more?

Most guys could make better use of higher flow, or higher heat once they have the 2.5" vac hose already working for them.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 09:03:27 pm »
I agree with you Jeff but I don't think wool (which is what most of us clean) will dry that quick in most cases in the UK but any % off is faster than what we are getting now.

A good friend of mine cleans carpets with high flow 4 x 0.3 jets @ 200psi and gets carpets dry quickly (although I haven't seen it for myself) but he loses the heat (boxxer 421, 3.5 gallon a min) just wondering with a bigger TM would it retain heat better but the downside is most bigger TM's have even bigger flow (boxxer 427 has 5.5 gallons a min) would that go back to square 1 ?

Shaun

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 03:25:32 am »
I agree with you Jeff but I don't think wool (which is what most of us clean) will dry that quick in most cases in the UK but any % off is faster than what we are getting now.

A good friend of mine cleans carpets with high flow 4 x 0.3 jets @ 200psi and gets carpets dry quickly (although I haven't seen it for myself) but he loses the heat (boxxer 421, 3.5 gallon a min) just wondering with a bigger TM would it retain heat better but the downside is most bigger TM's have even bigger flow (boxxer 427 has 5.5 gallons a min) would that go back to square 1 ?

Shaun

Shaun, I hear ya on the dry times, I specifically mentioned the faster drying synthetics, I know wool will be several times that, (people basically expect that) I was just pointing out the quick drying stuff.

On the bigger TM question, yes, in general a larger powerplant will yield more BTUs that can be captured and thus heat more volume of solution.
But..... pump volume has little to do with anything in carpet cleaning, we only use a fraction of what the pumps produce, (pressure washing is another animal)....it's all about the jets on the wand, what hits the carpet is determined by the orifice of the jets.

All that said, more heat and more flow still stand a greater chance of yielding a drier carpet. Notice I didn't necessarily mention pressure. ;)