Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert eyres

Re: check list
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 10:44:52 pm »
wouldn`t the world be a better place or even the cleaning industry if we all stuck together. then there wouldn`t be the devide between north an south an the pricing structure would be the same , the only difference there would be would be the standard of staff an the level of customer service. just remember, we all have to start somewhere an the only way we learn is by other peoples mistakes or to ask someone.

stains-away

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2007, 11:41:30 pm »
Do you think I should start charging for each post

Didn't know you were thinking of getting in the fencing game Gary  :P

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2007, 12:22:21 am »
wouldn`t the world be a better place or even the cleaning industry if we all stuck together. then there wouldn`t be the devide between north an south an the pricing structure would be the same , the only difference there would be would be the standard of staff an the level of customer service. just remember, we all have to start somewhere an the only way we learn is by other peoples mistakes or to ask someone.

Robert the pricing structure varies in the same city never mond north or south and it will never be stabilised. Unless the law changes that says all cleaning companies must charge a min of say £20 an hour (and that wont happen) then how can the prices be the same? Often on commercial work it is the price that gets you the job. It would be better if we all stuck together but if you can weed out the somewhat harsh commenst that gary has made you will see he is talking with knowledge and experience and all of what he is saying is perfectly true. Starting a cleaning business has got to be one of the -if indeed not THE- easiest thing in the world as the initial expenses are low, assiuming of course that the person starting the business is the one doing some or all of the cleaning too, yopu dont even need equipment and insurance unless you chose to, you just register as self employed and off you go. Once you have found the firsyt 10 customers the work will find you if you are good. The point gary is making is that A) we have all been there and B) anyone asking for help with pricing a job has obviously not sussed out what the going rate for the area is and what people are paying and getting for their money. Again its easy to get this information but to come onto a forum and expect people to tell you is not going to work. There are too many individual factors to include and exclude which is why a person setting up a cleaning business needs to do their own local homework. As for the checklists and things well again read what he says, a list takes a matter of seconds to prepare and in any event unless a company is doing a standard general clean in every house then a standard checklist is worthless as most if not all clients have specifc requirements and different needs. There are so many domestic cleaning companies that start up all the time, i guess it is because you hear about the sucess stories on tv and you readf about them in the papers buty they never tell you how hard it is to make a living from doing just domestic and how much physical graft the proprietor has to put in to make it work.

garyj

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2007, 07:13:36 am »
Do you think I should start charging for each post

Didn't know you were thinking of getting in the fencing game Gary  :P

;D ;D
Want to buy a knocked off tele  :P  :P  ;D ;D

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2007, 10:53:45 am »
Are these posts a wind up or are they genuine?

Do people really start a 'business' and expect to come on to a forum and get all the answers, even to something as stupid as this.

Take some responsibility and make your own list, surely it ain't that hard. You are both going nowhere fast. Absolutely ridiculous.

I wonder if there is really the need to be so rude? now I can be as rude if not more rude that most people on this forum but is there need to to speak to the newbees like that?
Even though most of us might agree with your thougts Gary maybe a little help might be of more use.
As my grandmother used to say " if you do not have anything helpfull to say then please do not say anything"
Without the newbees coming on board the forum would slowly reduce in size and comments like the above will soon put them off.
Just a bit of thought would not go a miss.
Now, I like many long term members can handle and understand the little man comments from Gary but it must be off putting for new people.[

[As this being a site for experts, no, many many fantastic and intelligent businessman and businesswomen have left or don't bother posting anymore because of the constant 'I want this and I want that' brigade.

and as for the above coment , when are leaving Gary?

Nick

garyj

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 01:02:14 pm »
LMAO, haven't been called a little man since I was about 7.

You've missed the point entirely Nick, I won't bother to explain, you won't understand  ::).

I actually do think I have helped, if nothing else the poster might now be thinking for themselves and actually doing some proper research which in the end will make them a better businessperson.

Every company I clean for and every member of staff has an idiot proof (almost :P) checklist tailored for that specific company. Each one takes me an hour with every area and task on there and whether it is daily, weekly etc. It's not rocket science and if you expect me to send you that, then no, make your own. Next week it will be something else and the day after want more. And as I said before, if you can't make a simple list of what YOUR client wants then you might as well give up now.

We'll never agree, and that is part of what make this forum so good. We all do a different standard of work and have differing opinions.
I disagree that we should all charge the same. I think there is a name for everyone getting paid the same, that doesn't work either.

Maybe I was a little harsh, but just cheesed off with the constant 'I wants'. Still stand by everything I've written, and bad luck, I ain't going nowhere yet ( unless I get kicked off :-* ).

So, any sensible questions I can help with.

DREAM CLEAN

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2007, 10:47:26 pm »
Gary your so great, and I'm sure all the newbee's are so sorry fo wasting your time.
Newbee's in future please so not trouble this forurm with " silly questions" in case Gary has to read it and feels the need to answer it instead of  ignore it .
Just blunder on , carry  on and make the same mistakes as we've made we're too busy asking about what mistakes we've made on e-bay.
Find somebody else to ask
Failing that e-mail the helpfull ones

Nick

garyj

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2007, 11:04:10 pm »
LMAO, superb.
Back of the net  8)

OK I'll be helpful, here is what you've been looking for, I've done the research for you.

http://dreamcleanservices.co.uk/cleanservices.html

Now, that wasn't hard was it  :P

CLEAN-MASTER

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2007, 10:51:18 am »
Gary J,

Thank you for your help!

I have successfully run my own business's for the last 20 years, of course I've done all the research and have forms etc already prepared. I simply posted as I'm new and thought I may have missed something and it's worth looking at all information available, don't worry I won't bother posting on this forum again!

Paul Kettless

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2007, 12:12:34 pm »
But to be honest Robin, you did not say that.  I also assumed that you could not be bothered to create your own. 

Imo it would have been better to state that you had compiled a list, put it up on the forum for others to see, and asked for general comments.

I for one would happily have shared information on this basis.  I hope you do continue to post on this forum, as we do have some interesting topics, and some genuine people on here.

Kind regards
Paul

Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

turneylogan

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2007, 09:12:27 pm »
Hi,

I have to say that I agree with the comments from Gary J. If they are not prepared to think for themselves or even not sure what to put down, then that's a really bad start to setting up a cleaning company.

As we all know setting up in business is tough, you have to think for yourself, that when people can come up with something different for a change.

It's an insult to the ones that have drawn blood sweat and tears to set up!!!!!

If you can't sort that out then you should stand back at re think!!!!!

:o ???

I have tried to resist responding to this thread for ages but cannot hold back any longer. I could not agree more with Gary J and the above sums it all up.

No one wants to put off newbies posting on the forum, and god knows, I've posted some stupid questions, and had lots help, but it seems that there are some people who think that they can bypass the need for some basic business acumen and get everything they need to run their business from a forum.

God help them if they ever grow and have to employ staff, they'll be eaten alive.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2007, 11:03:48 am »
If they are eaten alive and i know many companies with excessive business acumen that have been, then at least some of us can say we have helped without plying this forum with cheap and unhelpful replies...

Chris

garyj

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2007, 11:36:52 am »
I don't want to turn this into a slanging match with you, but it was you that first used the term ' Holier then Though' ( presume you meant 'Thou' ;)). Pot, kettle and black springs to mind.

It was good of you to email the poster offering help, no doubt with a reference to another forum added   :P. Oh well at lease they'll be amongst an infamous couple over there and will be able to keep up on Big Brother ::).

A case in point was from Startdust yesterday, people tried to help and wanted to help. But what was the use? The original post bared no resemblance to what the quote really entailed and the poster then never even bothered to reply

You've missed the point entirely. It wasn't about that one post, it was more about the history of the poster, ' can I have', 'I need' blar, blar, blar.

Thought it was time this post started to drop, it had done it's course, but now you've stuck your nose back into it you've got the reply you were probably hoping for.

You know there is more help on here than any other forum, and more people to help here than anywhere else. I know I'm not alone with thinking some don't have a clue. A lot of people who read that post could have sent a checklist, or done as I did and posted the link. Of course I found it hilarious the link was to a website from one of the 'anti-garyj mob'. Why on earth didn't he post it in the first place, or copy and paste it? 

Get a grip Chris, or do you want to become the Champion to the Losers?