Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KJG

Re: 1 window £1440
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 11:17:28 pm »
Went to price a job yesterday, a nice block of flats once a  month £120 .
Phoned them with my quote they were ok with it, then I told them there was 1 window that I could not get to . It was 3 floors up on a roof, no way was I going on the roof to get to it . I dont think they even knew about it . Anyway they told me that another window cleaner had been given the job as he would clean that window as well .
My reply was ok then let him.
So much for H&S

I wouldn't have mention the 'one' window until they did :-X

Majestic

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 11:23:45 pm »
Thats my problem  too honest

Ian_Giles

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 06:22:05 am »
I worked out of the back of a car for more years than I care to remember, first with ladders and then with WFP, and it matters not a whit whether you have a van or a car, you can still be driving around without insurance in either vehicle.
And even if you don't have insurance, that certainly doesn't make you a cowboy, it's worth bearing in mind that public liability ISN'T a legal requirement, unlike employers liability which is.

Whoever is the guy who will clean the window up on the roof may well only be some young chap who isn't fully aware of H & S, or even one who thinks it a fuss about nothing.
Just 3 years ago I'd have thought nothing of doing a job like that, I wouldn't dream of it now of course.
There is another window cleaner in the Chepstow area that doesn't have a computer, thinks WFP is crap and happily works at the top of his (at one point) very rickety ladder.
I can't stand the guy, have no time for him whatsoever, but he isn't a cowboy and he has been going as long as I have.
Providing this chap had a ladder long enough, I've no doubt he would do this job like a shot.....
Mind you, as I can't stand the S.O.A.B I'd probably try at get him reported ;D

Being on this forum has made us all very savvy with regards H & S, but many out there don't have access to a computer or this forum.

Having said that, the company employing him to do the job plainly isn't fully aware of H & S, from their perspective, having someone working off a ladder on their site is foolish, if things went wrong, they would be in the dock too.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES