Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Gomo - how are you speeding up your work? (Mod change of title)
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 07:54:32 pm »
Ever since I bought my last PF trolley with a digital controller on it I felt they were nothing but a pain. Within a couple of weeks I'd removed it and replaced it with my original PWM version. Simple to operate, 11 years old and it hasn't missed a beat. Mind you I run it flat out most of the time now for reasons already mentioned on this thread, so I may as well take it off.

Things that have sped up my work like other posts include:
Learning how to work effectively with a high flow whilst rinsing on the glass when I can.
Using a Univalve instead of a tap strapped to bottom of the pole.
Using the lightest most rigid pole I could afford combined with a light brush on a swivel.
The last step in speed came when I switched to a 35cm brush.
I also keep my kit as simple as I can so as to minimise problems with it leading to down time.

JandS

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 09:50:13 pm »
Never had a problem with digital controller....never had a problem with low battery either...on charge every night all night.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

jonboywalton75

Re: Gomo
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2018, 09:00:38 am »
having a high flow makes a big difference for speed cleaning...even better if its hot pure water........

Yep pump on full chat, to think when I first started I had the controller on ‘38’ 😂

I think gomo runs his pumps on full speed without a controller...

I average probably only 4-5 hours a day, but it took years to get to that, price is king, I found the nearer I could get to £20 houses as an average the easier the day is.

i have my controller on 40 and its gushing out at that setting,no need for any higher! :)

I've told you Daz, upgrade to a 650 ltr tank and you can then up your flow and go even quicker
Full whack, you can't beat it

cleaniac

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2018, 10:14:08 am »
I didnt actually say that, marc did  :D  [Mod note: Oops! sorry - original edited.]

but i agree with him, since ive had these controllers all theyve done is add grief

Both of them shut down as battery was too low, well thanks for protecting  my batt but since ive got work to do id rather you didnt...

when ive run out of water (flatish tank) and its airlocked the controller wont let the pump run and just shows dead end. I had to  put the pump to 12v to get it going again then re connect.

Mind you im thinking about getting a 10lpm pump so ill keep them for that experiment, probably wont need full whack then apart from certain houses with phobic glass...

Thanks Adam.

There was and still is a lot of unnecessary rubbish to buy in the window cleaning game to make your day supposedly more profitable.

Nothing wrong with having pride in your business, and having good equipment, but dont get suckered into all the marketing hype, that these snake oil products will enhance your profitably.

There is only 1 way you can build profitability. That is lower costs, increase prices, and increase sales turnover. It does not involve buying more crap, more crap and more crap as all you are doing is building the profitably of others and not you.

For a decent WFP system all you need is

A tank
A pump
Di resin
Hose
Pole
Thats it.

There is a friend of mine who has just started  up a new side business, offering hyper pure water for those with existing systems, and its supposed to make it quicker and more efficient.

But will it translate to more profits? No it wont. The customer doesn't care what brand flow controller you have, or if you are using ppb systems. They just want a clean window, for a reasonable price, and thats it, they are not constantly thinking about what window cleaner to change to next and who is using the lastest brands and tech..hell some of them don't even notice they have been cleaned, they have more important things to think about like what brand golf bag to buy or something..

james peters

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 07:28:04 pm »
There is only 1 way you can build profitability. That is lower costs, increase prices, and increase sales turnover. It does not involve buying more crap, more crap and more crap as all you are doing is building the profitably of others and not you.

best bit of sense I have read on hear in a long time !
always has been my goal !

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 07:46:10 pm »
having a high flow makes a big difference for speed cleaning...even better if its hot pure water........

Yep pump on full chat, to think when I first started I had the controller on ‘38’ 😂

I average probably only 4-5 hours a day, but it took years to get to that, price is king, I found the nearer I could get to £20 houses as an average the easier the day is.

i have my controller on 40 and its gushing out at that setting,no need for any higher! :)

I've told you Daz, upgrade to a 650 ltr tank and you can then up your flow and go even quicker

seriously i couldnt work any faster than i currently do without running between windows! ;D ;D

maybe its the viscosity of the hot water?as its a very high flow on the glass on 40.....and my 500L tank is big enough as i only work short days.....
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 07:49:23 pm »

seriously i couldnt work any faster than i currently do without running between windows! ;D ;D

maybe its the viscosity of the hot water?as its a very high flow on the glass on 40.....and my 500L tank is big enough as i only work short days.....

When its very cold and I put the immersion I find the water does go quicker, its thiner.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2018, 12:00:33 pm »
I love my Spring digi controllers personally.

Dry Clean

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2018, 12:31:14 pm »
I don't worry about thin, thick, hot, cold or if the waters ultra pure , I give the glass a quick scrub followed by a quick rinse with the brush on the glass and then move onto the next window, there's no point in using a high flow if you are not going to go quick as that's its only purpose. in other words if you have upped your flow and are using more water then you are too slow for your flow setting.