Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ianharper

Re: Love him or hate him his the man
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2005, 05:25:11 am »
Hi, Karl

I have been working direct respnce marketing for the last 5 year with my maid service, and would never go back to image based marketing

Respect............Ian

Karl Wildey

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2005, 08:57:51 am »
I think I have been misunderstood. My reference for Norfolk was that I would not like to see lots of cc's getting into joe polish and stealing all the work, not that the custards would not like this style of marketing.
As Ian pointed out Norfolk s now full of foriegners from essex, home countres etc and they buy anything  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ianharper

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2005, 05:36:09 am »
hi, iam

i have been using "direct responce marketing" from 1999 on my maid service.

i am interested in the fact that everone looks at direct responce as joe polish

most dont like joe so they miss out on the great benifits of direct responce marketing. like return on investment, and cost per client.

when you know your cost per clieny you can "buy" clients. how many do you want and at over what time perod?

respect........ Ian Harper

Liahona

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 08:43:43 am »
I know this topic is quite old but wanted to comment on it anyway. I know both Joe and Howard quite well as both would often end up in California promoting thier ideas. Although it is usually Howard in person and one of Joes people instead of himself.

Liahona

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 08:53:19 am »
Lost the connection, anyway, the biggest difference between the two is that Joes ideas pertains to many jobs that

you would want to implement them too, whereas Howards is primarily geared to carpet cleaning. Both have their

good and bad points but from a use point of view Joe is streets ahead of Howard. A little side note that might be of

interest, in the early days Howard went on one of Joes seminars. As far as if you love him or not, anyone who can

charge $10,000 a visit to their company to hear his ideas or "fly me to your country first class and all expenses paid",

you have to love. Robs fast track is loosely and or tightly built around Joes system so I am sure he loves him. As

should all the fast track cleaners. Best, Dave.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 09:42:02 pm »
Dave, what about Ron Meyer,

Found a load of his stuff on my lap top when I was clearing the hard drive.

Liahona

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 10:27:07 pm »
Ian, sorry mate dont know too much about him. I have heard of him but not to any great extent. Oh

and by the way I hope to have my web site done soon. Then I will put it on here to be critiqued. I am

hoping that it is not what you expect. Ok well maybe you might as you know me a bit, anyway, best,

Dave.

craigp

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 08:50:15 am »
look forward to seeing it dave ;D

keen2clean

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 09:46:32 pm »
u mentioned u had a maid service out of interest what happened to that ian?
who is this joe polish?
nice to meet you by the way im ray

Mike1946

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 05:59:07 pm »
Do we want to go the American way, my experience of them is that you can with the gift of the gab convince them to do or buy anything. Anthony Robbins is another one, Brits tend to be a bit more courtious. Personally I dont go for people who talk a lot, shake hands with them and you know who is a worker and who is a talker. They all made their money from selling not doing.
Mike Dickerson

A D M Carpet Care

NCCA

Mike1946

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 06:01:42 pm »
and ian you must read your posts they dont make sence in english, "he is the man" not "his the man"
Mike Dickerson

A D M Carpet Care

NCCA

stains-away

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 06:05:13 pm »
and ian you must read your posts they dont make sence in english, "he is the man" not "his the man"

Try the spell check Michael, its sense, not sence, Andy ;D

Mike1946

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 06:19:31 pm »
or it should be non-sense
Mike Dickerson

A D M Carpet Care

NCCA

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 09:47:57 pm »
they are all motivational gurus all telling us to get off our behinds and do something, Joe Polish and Howard Partridge are telling us to get going and by the way use my stuff as it works, Anthony Robbins just says get up and live the day it's great blah blah blah but they are all correct. If you have gone by choice or not into semi retirement your state pension will be most likely 68 before you can claim it !

Shaun

Mike1946

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2006, 10:10:51 pm »
shaun u r right.
But if we cant do it by ourselves why bother all we do is put the millions they say they earn into their pockets
Mike Dickerson

A D M Carpet Care

NCCA

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 10:42:15 pm »
they do it and earn well because we ask for it ! it's getting to critical mass that we can't do anything for ourselves anymore only the jobs we are trained for.

People don't like to be wrong or don't like to be ridiculed so when it comes to doing a job they get a professional in every time to do the job well so that knowone can pick spots.

Motivational gurus help individuals think that they can do anything that they thought they couldn't so I do believe that they do some people a real favour.

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2006, 12:23:58 pm »
I do not want to start a fight with Norfolk Carpet Cleaners.

BUT it is SELLING that keeps the Economy going.

Unless someone gets the Marks and Spencer  Asda  contract etc the Factory will close.