Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Weather again
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »
i dont think its that loud really.my neighbours wont mind anyway.it just sounds like a jumbo jet on tick over! ;D

the frost stat runs until the water in my tank reaches 7c then turns off.when it drops to 2c again it fires up again.it doesnt run at full power and my controller flashes the temperature all the time its running.very clever. 8)
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 06:30:32 pm »
First time using an oil heater in the van last night and couldn't sleep for the thought it would catch fire! Out at 8am and the roof inside was pretty much like the above pic with a little thawed out patch above the heater. Hose reel still frozen and garden hose at the rear of the van frozen so heater isn't big enough.

I prefer the fan heaters.  Place them as low a poss.  The blower helps circulate the heat better.   I was always worried about oil filled as they need  plenty of clear air space  all around them to be safe.
I've got a small fan heater but I was even more paranoid with that causing a fire so haven't used it for a while and never left it more than 10 minutes before checking.

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 09:54:31 pm »
Once it got to 11 I was frost free..think it got up to about 3 degrees this afternoon.
Same here and lots of happy customers. They were even asking "when will I see you again?"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

p1w1

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 10:27:35 pm »
Once it got to 11 I was frost free..think it got up to about 3 degrees this afternoon.
Same here and lots of happy customers. They were even asking "when will I see you again?"

did they also want to know "When will we share precious moments"

RPCCS

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 08:06:11 am »
I got started about 12; and worked until 3:30.
Each night if frost is forecast, I put a thermostat controlled  fan heater in back of van, on lowest warm setting, that’s  enough to stop everything freezing up.
Cheers Rich

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 08:11:35 am »
This is the inside of my vans roof at 11am, my 500w heater isn't even making a dent in thawing it out, time to call it a day.

slacker..............you give up too easily sean............ ;D....that SLX looks like its never been used! ;)
price higher/work harder!