Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: And so it starts...the post winter cancels. 😂
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2017, 06:58:19 pm »
remember ALL our rounds are built on shifting sand.we lose some and gain some.

as long as we re not just losing customers without picking new ones up we re ok. :)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2017, 07:22:49 pm »
Its always a land mine these types of messages.  Personally i prefer my customers to simply be upfront but as you know yourselfs many arent.

Truth of the matter, you//us dont know the real reason why she was trying  (in her words) to politely suggest canceling service as she doesnt say.  We as soke traders can often jump to conclusions which arent always right either.

I personally would have sent a different text altogether, but each to their own because sure enough weve all got those types of customers who for some strange reason only known to themselves, cancel over winter.
I have 2 customers on my books who have done  this for last couple of years but they are still customers. Why???  Because other than that, they are great customers. They always pay on time and online, even tip every clean. Im always picking up new work so its not a loss at all for 3 or 4 months.
Another customer cancelled a clean because a change in circumstances (later found out her hubby lost hos job) but i suggested 8wkly instead and i have been cleaning hers like this for a while now.

You would of written them a 10 page essay, which they can't be bothered to read, so they keep you for a while longer to save the hassle ;D

Bahahaha 😂

Marc Stock

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 08:29:48 pm »
It's quite interesting isn't it.

I suppose you could read any text and depending on how your feeling at the time...you could read it in a negative tone or positive one...

Think I'll do what others suggest on here
..keep it short and to the point..

Lesson learned...

TomCrowther

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 09:18:40 pm »
It depends on how your day is going as to what sort of response they get. Having a good day and they get a more polite response. Crappy day, not so warm reply.

paul alan

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 09:41:57 pm »
I picked up a new customer recently, she told me from the offset that doesnt want windows cleaned nov,dec,jan.

I said no problem, thanks for being honest!

Normaly l would of been peed off but you cant beat a bit of honesty.

Dave66

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2017, 11:45:11 pm »
What's all this winter talk!? I'm off on holiday tommorws  8)
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Marc Stock

« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 07:13:46 pm »
Just had another one...
Hi Mark, now the account is settled I would like to cancel your services.

Again no idea who it was so called him, basicly change of circumstances, and he didn't want them cleaned during the winter.

This window cleaning game is changing.

NWH

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 01:53:42 pm »
Does nobody think it's rude to just think they can call you when the weathers better in April for you to start cleaning then again,it depends how you run you business but if it was me I would tell them if it's not regular I'm not interested. If you let people know you offer this kind of service it'll be a slippery slope,I would never ever give people the idea then can cancel and call me when they want me you may as well put the phone in the loft from October round till march.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2017, 01:59:05 pm »
Just had another one...
Hi Mark, now the account is settled I would like to cancel your services.

Again no idea who it was so called him, basicly change of circumstances, and he didn't want them cleaned during the winter.

This window cleaning game is changing.

this very rarely happens.i havent got a single customer who doesnt have their windows cleaned all year round!

i used to have a holiday park that suspended cleaning in oct til march but now their open all year so i clean their windows year round too. :)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2017, 02:09:02 pm »
In this business its financial suicide to just say yeah ok love ring when the weathers better lol it's crazy,they have to fit in with your schedule as well as there finances. If they can't afford to have someone clean them then clean them yourselves. They have to suffer a few winter cleans in order to have you in the better weather that's what I've always told new customers.

Slacky

« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2017, 02:32:03 pm »
Does nobody think it's rude to just think they can call you when the weathers better in April for you to start cleaning then again,it depends how you run you business but if it was me I would tell them if it's not regular I'm not interested. If you let people know you offer this kind of service it'll be a slippery slope,I would never ever give people the idea then can cancel and call me when they want me you may as well put the phone in the loft from October round till march.

Salad farmers think it's rude you only buy their lettuce in summer.

Stoots

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2017, 02:56:57 pm »
Can't say I've had that many customers cancel due to winter.

So what if half a dozen do just replace them and don't take them back on..or do take them back on your call but the odd few cancels shouldn't be a major concern as long as you are getting a few new ones here and there

Og

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2017, 05:00:21 pm »
I've got a few in the mountains that I can't get to in the winter.

Days are shorter, no dramas if you lose a job a day.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2017, 10:13:55 pm »
Just got this classic text the other day....

Hi Mark - can we please cancel the October clean. Thanks, Julie

Hi Julie. Sorry but I can't trace who you are if you could please forward your family name.

Parker, ******, ******. Thansk.
Ok your next clean will be on the 7th Dec. Thanks....
I think best to take us off your list for now, as we won't want them done in Dec. Thanks, Julie

Ok Julie. I'm afraid I'm not the sort of person who just adds and takes off customers on a whim. I have many customers that prefer to have a regular service, I cannot run a business that way. So it might be better to find someone else who can fulfil your reqirements. Thanks for your custom to date....Marc

Not a "whim", and no need for what appears to be rudeness. I was trying to politely suggest you took us off your list. Regards

I'm Sorry that seemed rude. Please accept my apologies...best..marc

::)roll what can you do?

i would have responded with this pretty much the same except the last one regarding how it works which was fine just i Don't think they understand 
all i would have said to please take us off the list for now would have been

""not a problem give us a shout when you want it again and the price goes up to double as you no longer get the regular clean discount""

if she says why simply state more build up of dirt over the months ive not been
also make sure you are charging new customers a first clean price which is considerably more then the regular clean that automatically reminds them it is not worth canceling in their minds if you were prepared to clean house for £x and they haven't been cleaned for 4 years then all of a sudden you return for the same price in 6 weeks they will assume someone else will do it or even you will so why even have it might as well wait a year or so to get that cheap first clean all i need to do is say yes yes yes to the window cleaner and he will do it for less then a taxi fare to my mates you can tell them everything about you your business
how you don't do one offs anything, all they want is those several years of dirt of thier windows for that cheap price you are offering

just make sure you charge well on first cleans then if they want to cancel its not a problem remind them of what they paid then they will really think if its worth it

Walter Mitty

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 08:13:52 am »
Customer on phone to telephone provider:  Hello.  Is that BT?
BT:  Yes, how may I help you?
Customer:  We are going on holiday next week.
BT:  Very good, sir.  What appears to be the problem?
Customer:  Well, we won't need the telephone service for two weeks.
BT:  Indeed not, sir.
Customer:  So I would like you to deduct the two weeks worth of line rental from next Sunday.
BT:  I'm afraid I can't do that, sir.
Customer:  Why not?
BT:  Because in our terms and conditions it states that you must give a notice period of one month to cancel.
Customer: But I don't want to cancel ...
etc. etc.

p1w1

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2017, 08:33:36 am »
Customer on phone to telephone provider:  Hello.  Is that BT?
BT:  Yes, how may I help you?
Customer:  We are going on holiday next week.
BT:  Very good, sir.  What appears to be the problem?
Customer:  Well, we won't need the telephone service for two weeks.
BT:  Indeed not, sir.
Customer:  So I would like you to deduct the two weeks worth of line rental from next Sunday.
BT:  I'm afraid I can't do that, sir.
Customer:  Why not?
BT:  Because in our terms and conditions it states that you must give a notice period of one month to cancel.
Customer: But I don't want to cancel ...
BT: Fine sir we will just cancel you and replace with 2 more higher paying  customers like they do on CIU.
etc. etc.