Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

Re: anybody else melted n sacked the day off?
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 09:34:34 pm »
So no one else will admit to bunking off work for half a day because they can??
yes i admit it, i used to! but now lm a bit older (38) i have self DISCIPLINE.

I prefer to have my time off when lve got it all done then l don't have work on my mind.

I know what you mean about the work clothes situ, feels like bungee cords around your leg and yesterday l had the exact same experience as you. So l went home and put my shorts on and got right back to it.

also had a burst pipe so replaced that at the same time, was a bit late home but still had time to jump around on the trampoline with the kids. Wasnt as much fun as a water fight though.

Change of weather always seems to bring about bursts and leaks for me, contraction and expansion! fittings dont like it.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 10:25:41 pm »
its all about being organised and disciplined.plenty of cold drinks and fruit in a freeze box in hot weather.shorts,sunglasses,baseball cap,suncream.take a few more 5 min breaks in the shade in the afternoon if its really hot.

im loving having air con in my van in this weather.got my air con fixed in the golf too just in time for summer. :)

dont buy lighter polo shirts though for hot days.i bought some white ones a few years ago and they get dirty real quick and dont come clean in the wash.waste of money.stick to the darker clothing. ;)
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 10:40:05 pm »
So no one else will admit to bunking off work for half a day because they can??
Ok, I'm guilty as well, finished early and was on the golf course at the back of 2 today. The joys of being self employed.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 11:05:49 pm »
I've never been a lover of heat. Sun, yes. Heat, no.

Instead of stopping for lunch when it's hot I often start work earlier, skip lunch and finish earlier. When I do this I'm done by 2pm. Not done it yet, though it was tempting this week.
However, I find wfp in the heat much more bearable than ladder work in the heat. Probably due to the overspray coming off the upper ledges and keeping me cool.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

windowswashed

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:51 pm »
Took 2hours out to go in town do some shopping and have a bite to eat then back to work

philb

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 12:02:36 am »
If you have the flexibility to take the afternoon off to spend time with family why not.

What time is the earliest people feel comfortable starting? If it's gonna be so hot tomorrow I want to start early & get finished

Klean07

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 08:06:05 am »
its all about being organised and disciplined.plenty of cold drinks and fruit in a freeze box in hot weather.shorts,sunglasses,baseball cap,suncream.take a few more 5 min breaks in the shade in the afternoon if its really hot.

im loving having air con in my van in this weather.got my air con fixed in the golf too just in time for summer. :)

dont buy lighter polo shirts though for hot days.i bought some white ones a few years ago and they get dirty real quick and dont come clean in the wash.waste of money.stick to the darker clothing. ;)

Well if you buy your shirts from Sports Direct that's what you get!!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 08:09:19 am »
If you have the flexibility to take the afternoon off to spend time with family why not.

What time is the earliest people feel comfortable starting? If it's gonna be so hot tomorrow I want to start early & get finished

830am is the earliest ill start on domestics.8am for commercial.(its very rare that i do start that early these days though!) ;D
price higher/work harder!

JandS

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 08:24:31 am »
Me....went home for dinner at 12.45 and decided not to go back.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

robbo333

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 08:39:12 am »
OK you got me too. A few jobs today and then home. Might go out on a boat trip this afternoon  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

CleanClear

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 08:49:33 am »

Sounds like you just took your holiday bag to work with you  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Marc Stock

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 06:31:20 pm »
How anyone can even consider sacking the day off in peak earning time is beyond me.

This is the weather where all those extra jobs cone along, I just had surge in new customers since the weather improved.

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 06:57:05 pm »
How anyone can even consider sacking the day off in peak earning time is beyond me.

This is the weather where all those extra jobs cone along, I just had surge in new customers since the weather improved.

I would imagine, perhaps like me, ones are happy with the income from their main source of work. They have plenty of well established work and have well organised work which enables them or me to sack half a day off and not be worried about doing so.
But each to their own i suppose, as i can see your point quite well as well.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tony dunmall

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 07:43:06 pm »

I still worked,  but I earn same in winter and summer I won't work longer hours for more money can't see point  just there's more light, I know some do

I'm happy with my income stays fairly constant

Doing people's conservatories just because sun has come out is a royal nightmare in this heat, just cannot be bothered

p1w1

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »

I still worked,  but I earn same in winter and summer I won't work longer hours for more money can't see point  just there's more light, I know some do

I'm happy with my income stays fairly constant

Doing people's conservatories just because sun has come out is a royal nightmare in this heat, just cannot be bothered

I'm exactly the same, whats the point in being your own boss if you cant make work suit round your own lifestyle. if i still did them i would be saving the conservatories for rainy days.

sunshine windows

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 10:59:06 pm »
Finished working yesterday at 4pm. Did some paperwork this morning and made a few phone calls. Had a kip on the sofa (woke around 4am this morning) and then decided to go and clean a friends house just down the road at about 4.30pm. Bloody hell it was hot. If you've got the flexibility to enjoy the time off with family/friends then go for it. Like has been said, it's one of the beauties of being self employed. Life is too short for work, work, work!
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk