Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mike1986

Backpack for main system
« on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:55 am »
My wife is going to start working with me 2 days a week, so as a quick temporary solution i have opened up an old backpack and just extended the pump inlet tube and dropped it straight into the tank, and connected to a hose reel for my wife to work off. It works perfectly, which got me thinking...is it really worth spending the extra money on expansive pumps, flow controllers etc, when i could just use backpacks. I appreciate they wont last as long, but £100.00 for a new one with delivery when needed aint too bad. Could work out a lot cheaper. Does anyone else do this?

mike1986

Re: Backpack for main system
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:19:26 am »
whooops....put this in the wrong section

johnny bravo

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:40:44 am »
may cause pressure on these pumps if turning water on and off via pole tap.       just add a shurflo pump,   £70.    i know a lad who just uses a backpack pump, and pole hose as his reel hose.       suits him , just get a spare pump in case,    there around £15  off ebay

johnny bravo

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:42:37 am »
do you use main gear for your set-up.       just give it a try,      just use a reel out of wilkinsons around £10 to see how it works,    worth a try,