Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ben wood

Re: w/c ing while ill/injured.
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 07:02:39 pm »
Fell from a ladder doing gutters and dislocated my elbow I finished the job then went to hospital. Only took a week off, I cut the plaster of as was so bored at home. It's funny I knew the ladder was going to slip but still went up
It lol

Klean07

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 07:06:26 pm »
He's a Manc aint he they all whinge up there don't they lol! ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

shina

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 08:03:32 pm »
I had a nose operation 4 weeks ago, it was to improve my breathing. I was supposed to take 3 weeks of and went back after 1 week. It still painful but ok with the pain killers

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »
yep im a manc through and through KLEAN07! ;) ;D ;D

im not moaning ive just gotta look where im going when looking up poling!!lol.

if anyone seen me fall they would of had a good cheap laugh at my expense!!haha. ::)roll ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Richard60

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 09:13:12 pm »
 ;D get well soon guys .them custies depend on us

david washbrook

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 09:50:44 pm »
Had my finger amputated 2 weeks off then back at it
Then had a full wrist fusion in plaster for 12 weeks but still carried on working
Now working in continuos pain waiting for my 8th operation
That's what has to happen when your self employed :'(

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 09:54:17 pm »
That's one thing I miss about being employed....holidays and sick pay.

I keep meaning to look into some kind of insurance to cover something like that if I can't work. It can be pricey though.

Need to weigh up wether I should just stick the money away instead of giving it to insurance. Then again though I have the tendency to spend spare money on WFP equipment and it's not a cheap game. Lol
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

windiewasher

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 08:37:32 am »
Broken wrist in several places and dislocated hand,carried on for a few hours before going hospital was hard changing gear and driving with 1 arm.lol
dislocated shoulder, had to work with left
arm only. Parrot on my shoulder got s laugh though
lol has to be done.how long did you have your parrott?
I had a big pot upto my shoulder but carried on window cleaning after a week.used one hand and steadied the pole by leaning on the pot.lol
Had the pot on for 7 weeks.physio for 3 months after.has to be done.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Chris - CBWC

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2013, 01:47:03 pm »
June 2012 damaged lower back, doc says 'lower mechanical injury', very helpful!  After several months of (inadequate) NHS physiotherapy, I was cleared back to work, and shortly after tore a muscle in my glute (yes, bum cheek) not long before Christmas.  After a couple of months of private (and excellent) physiotherapy I was back at work, sore (lower mechanical had healed, glute tear STILL is sore but muscle needs to grow and strengthen but I wear it down just as quick going up and down my ladder - yes I'm trad only) but at least some money was finally coming in.

I have very gradually increased my daily work (which was very low compared to what most earn on here!) but then felt the dreaded twinge yesterday morning and retired for the day in fear of making it worse.

So it's going on 18 months now, very sad for a 32yo with 7 years wc having built my business up from scratch walking the streets, posting leaflets, knocking on doors etc to be in trouble money-wise.

Long time member of the forum, very rare poster, but I'm now on here researching cheap start up backpack WFP (which may not be a great idea considering past lower back injury) that I can use with my current hatchback (Clio, urgh, I know), as surely WFP is the only way I can earn more, especially considering my current 'passion' for being a sicknote.

Chin up  ;)

Jonny 87

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »
June 2012 damaged lower back, doc says 'lower mechanical injury', very helpful!  After several months of (inadequate) NHS physiotherapy, I was cleared back to work, and shortly after tore a muscle in my glute (yes, bum cheek) not long before Christmas.  After a couple of months of private (and excellent) physiotherapy I was back at work, sore (lower mechanical had healed, glute tear STILL is sore but muscle needs to grow and strengthen but I wear it down just as quick going up and down my ladder - yes I'm trad only) but at least some money was finally coming in.

I have very gradually increased my daily work (which was very low compared to what most earn on here!) but then felt the dreaded twinge yesterday morning and retired for the day in fear of making it worse.

So it's going on 18 months now, very sad for a 32yo with 7 years wc having built my business up from scratch walking the streets, posting leaflets, knocking on doors etc to be in trouble money-wise.

Long time member of the forum, very rare poster, but I'm now on here researching cheap start up backpack WFP (which may not be a great idea considering past lower back injury) that I can use with my current hatchback (Clio, urgh, I know), as surely WFP is the only way I can earn more, especially considering my current 'passion' for being a sicknote.

Chin up  ;)

Go for it, and never put a back pack on your back!

Have 15 metres of hose attached to back pack, and that way you just sit the back pack at a corner of the house, turn it on and walk round the house. Same with next house and so on.

Go for it bud. Health comes first.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Klean07

« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2013, 02:44:02 pm »
yep im a manc through and through KLEAN07! ;) ;D ;D

im not moaning ive just gotta look where im going when looking up poling!!lol.

if anyone seen me fall they would of had a good cheap laugh at my expense!!haha. ::)roll ;D ;D ;D
Is your door blue or red then? ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2013, 04:15:01 pm »
man city fan mate through and through! ;D ;D

on topic its been nearly 3 weeks since my fall and im still in pain but got a good weeks work done this week.6 days work next week then a few days off before final onslaught the week before xmas.

thank god i use extreme poles!its made the last few weeks more bearable!! ::)roll ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2013, 04:30:50 pm »
just saw this thread, and have to comment, i was speaking to my farmer mate Brian in the pub about half an hour ago, he spoke of a guy on the farm who was working in the bailer, and got his shirt caught, cut off half of his arm below the wrist and the nutcase drove to hospital 20 minutes away before passing out, ar, sowed back on an at work the next week, hows that for nutcase

Michael Peterson

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2013, 04:32:01 pm »
as a foot note, Daz it sickens me that you are a city fan, i thought we were mates

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2013, 07:16:35 pm »
Currently working with 7 stitches in my back, torn cartlidge in my left knee & tennis elbow!

I find window cleaning (wfp) one of the easiest jobs whilst injured.