Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pure tech

Re: Anti slip mat for ladder
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 06:30:46 pm »
although a pain to use/carry ne one considered or tried sandbags to stop the ladder sliding im gona give em a try cant c how they would slide

Havnt tried sandbags but I do use a partly filled water container (approx 10 litres) and my ladder stays very secure, even when climbing off it onto a roof.

Johnny B

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 08:39:45 am »
although a pain to use/carry ne one considered or tried sandbags to stop the ladder sliding im gona give em a try cant c how they would slide

I friend of mine who has been a window cleaner for 40+ years and still going strong uses sandbags on slippery surfaces and in high winds. Works for him, and by the length of his ladders, he scales some heights! He even uses a hard hat on some jobs as well!

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 04:33:48 pm »
What do people use to keep their spikes sharp?

One or two customers have recentlly laid smooth tiles in there gardens and at moment I have been trying to put my spikes in between the tiles in the grooves for safety but I am thinking of getting a ladderm8rix as that looks the best.  But can you use one of these if your ladder has spikes?

THESE LOOK IDEAL FOR LADDER USE ON DECKING, ITS CALLED A FOOTEE!

http://www.laddermat.co.uk/add_products.html
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.