Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mark Farrimond

Re: High Up On `Google`Web Site Advice
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:29 am »
Lewis

Thanks for the email. Sorry its taken me a few days to get round to coming back to you.  Can you let me know what phrases you are looking to be found by.  Eg “window cleaning Liversedge “ I assume will be one.  Are there any more? 

Your site only appears to be 2 pages deep.  Is that correct?  If you can imagine that there are hundreds of thousands of sites on the internet with the words “window cleaning” in them, the chance of Google placing your 2 pages near the top is remote.  What you need is a much bigger site (in terms of numbers of pages) with each page specific to a certain phrase. 

So for example you could have a page titled “Window Cleaning Heckmondwicke”.  The page would be something like www.gleemclean.co.uk/window-cleaning-heckmondwicke/ .  You would create a new folder called window-cleaning-heckmondwicke in your root directory and have an index.html page in that folder.

You would have the <title> tag as Window Cleaning Heckmondwicke.  You would also have a H1 tag containing the same title aswell.  The <description> tag would be something like – “Window Cleaning Heckmondwicke, quotes for window cleaning in Heckmondwicke. Contact your local window cleaner in Heckmondwicke.” 

Your <keywords> tag would then just be “window cleaning heckmondwicke”  - very specific

Then, your content will also need to contain these words.     You will see that I am creating a page here that Google sees as being relevant to someone searching for a window cleaning in Heckmondwicke.   The more repeats of the phrase in the right place without going over the top, the better. 

You would do the same for “Window Cleaner Heckmondwicke” and “Window Cleaners Heckmondwicke” 

As you can see that’s 3 new pages just for one type of work and one town.  If you choose the area you will travel to and pick out all the towns and villages in that area and do the same you will quickly have a 30-50 page site with a lot more chance of one of those pages being found.  All the pages will be identical, just with different titles, headers etc.

You will also need to create an XML sitemap so that Google can find the pages.

I could go on forever.  I don’t want to sound like a know it all but I have been designing websites and doing my own SEO for the past 10 years and can offer some help.  What I will do for those who want it is knock up brief instruction document laying out all the tips I have picked up over the years. Believe me it is better to do it yourself than pay a company to do it as you can just change it as you go and try different things.   I will re-post once I have done it and anyone who wants it can have a copy.