markybop

Risk Assesment
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:26:35 pm »
Got to provide a risk assesment for Historic Scotland. I'm now cleaning the castle with WFP. Any ideas?  ??? ???
splish-splash....give me the cash!

jr windows

Re: Risk Assesment
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 07:13:07 pm »
Most organisations when asking for risk assessments will expect to see what the risks are, eg. breakages, accidents, risk to life and limb etc. Then they would expect to see 'probability' and 'impact' and then an overall high, medium, low risk of all the above. So, if you used an accident to yourself or a member of your staff as an example:

Risk: Accident to staff
Probability: Low due to use of WFP, but Medium due to other ground work risks such as trips, falls and other hazards.
Impact: Legal and Medical costs
Risk Assessment: Low/Medium

Do a Google on Risk Assessments, plenty of companies provide free templates.

Llaaww

Re: Risk Assesment
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »
I worked on a castle a few years ago, the whole place was  covered in wafer thin leaded glass. each time we went we had to check for any broken panes. this stuff dated back to henry 8th times and we had strict instructions to emigrate if any were broken.

Ghosts can be a problem too, one of the lads came down from one of the towers as white as a sheet, and absolutely adamant he wasn't going go go back in.  :D

some of the stone can be v-fragile too, but you probably wont have that trouble with granite
if it is dirty it is fair game