ronaldo

Re: Suppliers
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 11:22:19 pm »
A faceless environment will always come riddled with liars, cheats and conmen. To proclaim that only you hold the key to determining the good from the bad would be considered omnipotent. Too many people in this artificial world are so anxious to claim the moral highground that their selfish pursuit tramples on those around them unfortunate enough to get in their way.

Who can you trust?

In this world, this artificial world, no-one.   

:o :o :o :( :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

jinky230

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 11:29:35 pm »
Guys I read the post earlier and thought it was getting a bit below the belt towards the named supplier.The guy politely apologised in the conversation, and still got shot down.I personnally have not purchased from this chap, but I have read some of his previous answers to people on different subjects, and he is a wealth of knowledge to the forum.I hope he  does not turn his back on us, because ihs knowledge of wfp is always welcomed.

Is this not what the forum is about

jinky

abacus

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 12:12:34 am »
Hi
I am a little confused here so could someone explain please? I did not see the complaint or the subsiquent comments but from the comments made on this thread it would seem that you do not want adverse comment about suppliers is that so if so this means that we are unable to judge by others experiences which suppliers may not be as helpful as others. if only good comment s are allowed that is rather unfair and one sided
With regard to helpful imformation from these suppliers I have noticed that some do give that and quite freely however others seem to appear only to give help that relates directly to a sale for them no names mentioned.I have taken complaints to some suppliers that frankly just fail to reply one even gettin to the point that he would not answer his own solicitors letters on the matter.
I was told the other week how wrong I was, but no explaination given. I asked to be shown how no reply from that person or from the company concerned  that surely is not right. Whats good for the goose is good for gander
When I first saw this forum there was a rather lengthy slanging match between two suppliers so is it alright for them to slag each other off?
If a supplier answers the  his critic then the rest of can make up our own minds we dont have to be treated as children and have the thread deleated.
Would it not have been better for a mod to point out that the suppler was going to rectify the matter and had appolagised and ask for the insult to be withdrawn?
I thought that a thread had gone way to personal agaist squeeky the other week he seem to grin and bear it
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

jinky230

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 12:23:34 am »
grant one chap came on complained about a supplier

the supplier did not ignore his statement but politely apologised for the inconvince the chap had and would go about retifying the complaint

after that it just got long winded, and out of hand, if you apologise and go about making an effort to rectify the problem what else can you do

you cant get blood out of a stone

personnally I think the subject should close here and we all move on

jinky

mark dew

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 12:52:44 am »
grant one chap came on complained about a supplier

the supplier did not ignore his statement but politely apologised for the inconvince the chap had and would go about retifying the complaint

after that it just got long winded, and out of hand, if you apologise and go about making an effort to rectify the problem what else can you do

you cant get blood out of a stone

personnally I think the subject should close here and we all move on

jinky

I don't like the concept of immunity from complaints and sometimes a forum is the only place left to go.
But the above post summed up the situation nicely.

Trevor Knight

Re: Suppliers New
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 07:06:25 am »
OK everyone, lets get this wrapped up please.

Complaints.

1) If you are having difficulty with a supplier and want help on how to take things forward please post. Hopefully the answers will help you get a result. There are no need for names at this stage.

2) If, having explored all avenues, you have issues outstanding, to which the supplier REFUSES to help you or continue with the sale and you feel this would be of interest to the members please post. Names can be included.

i.e paid for an item, supplier never delivered and refused to refund me. Tried several times and not received anything. Fellow members be warned!

Why did the previous posts get stopped?

The posting became personal and abusive and that is not what we are about.

The post was made and a reply given by the supplier. The rest seemed to jump on the bandwagon.

I can't change the past, and yes some postings on here have followed suit, however, I will make every effort to ensure this forum remains a wealth of knowledge and experience and will be quick to nip in the bud any potential slanging matches.

:)Let's work together and not against each other :)

best wishes,

Trev

This thread is now locked.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire