Poll

What is a fair and reasonable rate of pay.

25% ~ £60,00 per day/£300.00 per week
39.7%
23 (39.7%)
30% ~ £75.00 per day/£375.00 per week
31%
18 (31%)
35% ~ £85.00 per day?£425.00 per week
17.2%
10 (17.2%)
40% ~ £100.00 per day/£500.00 per week
1.7%
1 (1.7%)
50% ~ £120.00 per day/£600.00 week
10.3%
6 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Window Washers

Re: Staff pay
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 07:09:13 pm »
Assume the individual member of staff can drive, is timely, approachable and polite, works with the intention of producing £240 of work per day/£1,200.00 per week (7 hours a day work at £35.00 per hour). You do not pay them for wet days nor sick nor holidays.
Matt, it is a legal requirement to pay your staff holidays

For any of you not doing this, you may want to read this.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Timeoffandholidays/DG_10029788

Matt go and sit in the corner   :-*
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

king marko

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 07:15:04 pm »
I paid my tax
Like I say, after reading other posts and visiting hmrc website, it defo sounds a bit dodgy
He's still got 5 lads working this way too

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 07:23:02 pm »
I paid my tax
Like I say, after reading other posts and visiting hmrc website, it defo sounds a bit dodgy
He's still got 5 lads working this way too
good for you for doing it yourself now anyway mate, sounds like he lost a good staff member had he of looked after you things may have not changed.

with 5 staff and you did he have all the health and safety paper work in place, my guess is no. These people are on a tight rope. one acceident and they will be right in the brown stuff, and they should already know this.

Your better off out of it
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

king marko

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 07:33:29 pm »
I never saw any documents of any kind!! He threated to make us sign a contract once but It never materialised
The problem I had was I couldn't work with a poor van and old, cobbled together equipment - it was a fair crack wage wise I suppose but I began to resent giving him the money!
Best decision I made methinks going it alone  :)

H S and Son

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 07:33:52 pm »
Assume the individual member of staff can drive, is timely, approachable and polite, works with the intention of producing £240 of work per day/£1,200.00 per week (7 hours a day work at £35.00 per hour). You do not pay them for wet days nor sick nor holidays.
Matt, it is a legal requirement to pay your staff holidays

For any of you not doing this, you may want to read this.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/Timeoffandholidays/DG_10029788

Matt go and sit in the corner   :-*

It would have been easier in hindsight if I'd said that they were self-employed, which Helen picked up on in an earlier post. Of course a full time self-employed individual has to be employed by law, but there ways around that particular scenario.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 07:57:47 pm »
I pay my staff hol pay.

I don't like it honestly I don't, I think that it should be banned in its current format. I've got 4 full time staff all wanting nigh on 5 wks off with pay so that's 20wks wages peed up the wall.

That's without people being off ill and without taking into account the problems it causes when a driver is off.

As said before window cleaning can be very distressing at times.

At least its saturday though and I've got an indian takeaway heading my way. First of the year i might add.

Cheers,

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

mikecam

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 08:21:17 pm »
I find it interesting that a majority want to pay £60 for a gross profit of £180 per day. This highlights to me the fact there is room to compete on price and still retain a healthy profit margin. And thats including delivering a more attractive financial package to prospective staff members  ;D

richywilts

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 08:23:56 pm »
Bloody hell dean ur doing well these dys four full timers
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 08:58:44 pm »
I pay my staff hol pay.

I don't like it honestly I don't, I think that it should be banned in its current format. I've got 4 full time staff all wanting nigh on 5 wks off with pay so that's 20wks wages peed up the wall.

That's without people being off ill and without taking into account the problems it causes when a driver is off.

At least its saturday though and I've got an indian takeaway heading my way. First of the year i might add.

Cheers,

Dean.
distressing at times is an understatment Dean, you been on that wine again  ;D

Dean Taberner

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 09:03:25 pm »
Richy,

I wouldn't say doing well mate I just don't know when to say no with regards to new work. With the type of work that we do there isn't much competition because nobody fancies it. Lol.

Ian,

I'm currently suffering from super man flu but I'm giving the low c a go  ;D

richywilts

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 09:51:40 pm »
Richy,

I wouldn't say doing well mate I just don't know when to say no with regards to new work. With the type of work that we do there isn't much competition because nobody fancies it. Lol.

Ian,

I'm currently suffering from super man flu but I'm giving the low c a go  ;D

Busy fool haha gave was saying good things bout u the other day good to be too busy coz ya can always downsize and pick the cream
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 09:59:00 pm »
I wouldn't say busy fool rich,

Like I said before on a different thread, there's a massive difference between earning money and making money.

Apparently anyone can do mega time a wk on the glass as a one man band and "earn" 1k+  a wk.

Making 1k+ a wk is a different challenge in its own right ;-).

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2012, 10:50:50 pm »
dean cant say no
he as to get more work for me ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Helen

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 11:07:04 pm »
I pay my staff hol pay.

I used to hate pressing the pay button each week for wages, let alone holiday pay ;D

Total re-schedule of work in 5 minutes flat......i remember it well >:(

Only 5 days a week when you have staff ;D ;D ;D Oh and then of course on Sunday evening ;)

and many more to come ;D

Cheers,

Dean.

Window Washers

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2012, 11:28:07 pm »
I pay my staff hol pay.

I used to hate pressing the pay button each week for wages, let alone holiday pay ;D

Only 5 days a week when you have staff ;D ;D ;D Oh and then of course on Sunday evening ;)

and many more to come ;D

Cheers,

Dean.
lol love them replies Helen, so close to home I should not laugh, i should cry there is about 5 inches of snow outide and it's still bloody snowing, and I pay wages in snow  :-X I need to learn to be horrible to my staff and quickly.

Dean Low C WTF, how do I delete numbers off an iphone ?

Helen

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 08:29:02 am »
I pay my staff hol pay.

and many more to come ;D

Cheers,

Dean.
lol love them replies Helen, so close to home I should not laugh,
 yes you should or you'll go down to the funny farm quicker than you think ;D
 i should cry there is about 5 inches of snow outide and it's still bloody snowing, and I pay wages in snow
 if the worst should happen and you can't work, ask staffies to take paid holiday, ok you still have to pay, but only once if you see what I mean (some may agree, some may not but its worth a go :)  :-X
 I need to learn to be horrible to my staff and quickly.
No you don't, firm but fair is always the best way :)

Dean Low C WTF, how do I delete numbers off an iphone ?