Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is a fair and reasonable rate of pay.

25% ~ £60,00 per day/£300.00 per week
39.7%
23 (39.7%)
30% ~ £75.00 per day/£375.00 per week
31%
18 (31%)
35% ~ £85.00 per day?£425.00 per week
17.2%
10 (17.2%)
40% ~ £100.00 per day/£500.00 per week
1.7%
1 (1.7%)
50% ~ £120.00 per day/£600.00 week
10.3%
6 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

H S and Son

Staff pay
« on: February 03, 2012, 06:13:37 pm »
Assume the individual member of staff can drive, is timely, approachable and polite, works with the intention of producing £240 of work per day/£1,200.00 per week (7 hours a day work at £35.00 per hour). You do not pay them for wet days nor sick nor holidays.

Dean Taberner

Re: Staff pay
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »
7 x £35 is £245 Matthew. ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

H S and Son

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 06:35:39 pm »
Welll spotted Dean  ;D

Let's say he has to have a fAg break as well then  :-*

Helen

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 08:06:33 am »
Assume the individual member of staff can drive, is timely, approachable and polite, works with the intention of producing £240 of work per day/£1,200.00 per week (7 hours a day work at £35.00 per hour). You do not pay them for wet days nor sick nor holidays.

If they are not being paid for wet days or holidays, then they are not employed, they are subbies, so it's not really staff pay is it ;)

So assuming you pay wet days and holidays, making this person a "properly" employed member of staff, they are good reliable cleaners etc etc, with us they would have been on a package of OTE £24k (at the time that we were employing :))

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 10:41:55 am »
Welll spotted Dean  ;D

Let's say he has to have a f*g break as well then  :-*
;D

who put 50%  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dean Taberner

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 12:09:08 pm »

If they are not being paid for wet days or holidays, then they are not employed, they are subbies, so it's not really staff pay is it ;)

So assuming you pay wet days and holidays, making this person a "properly" employed member of staff, they are good reliable cleaners etc etc, with us they would have been on a package of OTE £24k (at the time that we were employing :))

Hi Helen,

I don't think that there are many employed window cleaners earning 24k a year, being paid for wet day and getting full holiday entitlement.

Employing is a hard game, hence the reason why you probably aren't doing it anymore.

Not a dig, just a hard fact.

Cheers,

Dean.

Helen

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 02:11:01 pm »

Hi Helen,

I don't think that there are many employed window cleaners earning 24k a year, being paid for wet day and getting full holiday entitlement.

As I said OTE 24k, didn't say they got there :)
Sorry, but if they are employed properly, they have to full holiday entitlement or employer could be up sh*t creek.....Used to work in rain anyway so not applicable to us :)

Employing is a hard game, hence the reason why you probably aren't doing it anymore.
You're right it is hard and after about the 15th numpty on window cleaning we changed direction of where we were going with the window cleaning side :)
Still employ on office cleaning though.......safer for my sanity in some respects :)

Not a dig, just a hard fact.
Didn't take it as a dig and there are some out there that ought to take note when people say it is hard employing :)
Cheers,

Dean.

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 02:17:33 pm »
So Helen how did ur wage packet for window cleaners look to make it up to 24k

What sort of work was it domestics or a mix of Dom n commercial
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Dean Taberner

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 04:31:47 pm »
If I paid 24k a year for a window cleaner in stoke OTE or not I'd have half of my fed up police colleagues working for me.

A lot of the PC's at my local nick aren't on any where near that figure and they've had their pay frozen for the forseeable future. There used to be a 1k a year standard pay rise up to 30k. That's now stopped.

Dean.

Helen

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 05:33:17 pm »
If I paid 24k a year for a window cleaner in stoke OTE or not I'd have half of my fed up police colleagues working for me.

A lot of the PC's at my local nick aren't on any where near that figure and they've had their pay frozen for the forseeable future. There used to be a 1k a year standard pay rise up to 30k. That's now stopped.

Dean.

At least they would be security cleared, prior to working for you. ;D

bobby p

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 05:43:07 pm »
the list at the top starts too high

Helen

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 05:48:04 pm »
So Helen how did ur wage packet for window cleaners look to make it up to 24k

What sort of work was it domestics or a mix of Dom n commercial

Mon to Fri mix of domestic and small commercial.

Mon to Fri inclusive £7.50 per hour (average 36 hours per week)
Mon to Fri inclusive £10 per day attendance fee (if attending all 5 days, all lost if missed 1 day etc)
Mon to Fri inclusive double man working 6% of days income
Mon to Fri inclusive single man working 10% of days income
Sat/Sun (when necessary) working £12 per hour (work that could only be done on weekends, not run of the mill work.)

Holidays pay was the 12 weekly average rolling figure
No sick pay.

king marko

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 05:51:42 pm »
Welll spotted Dean  ;D

Let's say he has to have a f*g break as well then  :-*
;D

who put 50%  ::)
I did - why??

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 05:55:32 pm »
Welll spotted Dean  ;D

Let's say he has to have a f*g break as well then  :-*
;D

who put 50%  ::)
I did - why??
you pay your staff 50% of everything they earn ?
how many staff do you have
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

king marko

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2012, 06:08:15 pm »
None - I used to earn 50% for the last bloke I worked for and it was well earned
Never got paid for rainy days or days off - had to pay for fuel and all minor repairs to van, other than that, 50%
I regularly did £200+ a day (work was underpriced too, with no increase in the two years I worked for him),I never had a day off, was always on time, polite and courteous and smartly dressed
If you've got enough work and the right worker then I reckon that's fair

H S and Son

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »

What do you pay then?

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 06:15:06 pm »
None - I used to earn 50% for the last bloke I worked for and it was well earned
Never got paid for rainy days or days off - had to pay for fuel and all minor repairs to van, other than that, 50%
I regularly did £200+ a day (work was underpriced too, with no increase in the two years I worked for him),I never had a day off, was always on time, polite and courteous and smartly dressed
If you've got enough work and the right worker then I reckon that's fair
so you didnt get 50% then as you had to pay for things.

I guess you was also self emplyed, paid for your own insurance etc ?

if so then subby work at 50% he got a cracking deal.

Personally I don't class  subbies as staff members as I dont pay thier stamp/tax/etc hence why I questioned the 50% mate, wish I could get them for 50% too

king marko

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »
I did the round then invoiced him for 50% - then had to pay for fuel etc..
According to him I was 'self employed'
I've since read posts on here that say its not true ?
He had total control over what I did, where I went, what I earn etc.. his van, water, equipment, rounds
But I had to pay my own public liability insurance & NI

bobby p

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 06:28:27 pm »

What do you pay then?
iv only been an employer a year now but i know a big boy firm that  pays less than me and with penalties if they dont crack on  . i myself round up wages if work overruns by a half hour i pay the full hour  as a rule and never leave my lads short . basics 7 quid per hour  here  

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 07:02:14 pm »
I did the round then invoiced him for 50% - then had to pay for fuel etc..
According to him I was 'self employed'
I've since read posts on here that say its not true ?
He had total control over what I did, where I went, what I earn etc.. his van, water, equipment, rounds
But I had to pay my own public liability insurance & NI

Did he pay your tax or did you ? because sounds to me like you was self employed, when really you should have been employed

my employees, use my vans, my uniform they clean my work, I pay them thier wages, I pay thier holidays, I pay them when they don't work due to weather problems, they have a contract of employment, I pay for employers insurance and public and all releted insurances to cover them and me, I pay thier NI on thier behalf as do I deduct and pay thier tax, I also have to contribute on top to the ni they pay (which I find takes the P, but thats the law) thats sorted out at my accountants as I don't want that job.

I would not pay 50% of my turn over to anyone unless they where a business partner and they invested a large chunk of money or somethuing else into my business