brianbarber

Re: van mount what a waste of £500
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 08:27:48 pm »
Try he Gardiners hose reels,
Very light , and I think them saving on reeling the hose back in, the PF one I had was too small for the 100m of hose.
Second to my slx, this has saved me so much time each day.
If you can stick a aquarium heater in tank night before, just having water few degrees above freezing makes hoses easier to handle

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 08:49:59 pm »
i used a p/f trolley for a year(50l version).been using my 350L TANK since may.the van mount is so much better!i use 100m of microbore on a cheap gardiners lightweight reel.25ft SLX with aqua-daptor and extreme brush.the trolley stays in the van hooked up to the tank.

today it was horrible weather wise.sleet,hail,rain and wind.worked 930am-330pm.13 jobs and still earned £170.you ll get the hang of it!! ;D ;D ;D

i couldnt imagine lugging 25L BARRELS about like i used too.dont be a fool!give it a few months and youll be wondering how you possibly could of wasted time with barrels!!!

van mount for all my work now!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

mikecam

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:15 pm »
Hi i use a backpack but also do some trad aswell,a van mount wouldn't be great for me as i use different vehiles, but i may well invest in a trolley if my round gets bigger.Theres one thing that has baffled me i have a shurflo backpack and when it full it's heavy is there anyone who can actally carry it on there back?.I just carry it around thats why a trolley would make things alot easier.
I'm sure there is people who can carry them, none that i know of want to carry them on their back though. I'm still getting round to getting a small sack trolley for mine... ;D  I'm making it a priority for the new year  ;D

mikecam

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 08:57:47 pm »
First day with a van mount: posted at 12:35pm  ???

;D ;D ;D ;D

tacky

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 09:08:58 pm »
if u have the shurflo bp .get a small sack trolley .i have the wcw bp .it has a handle easier to carry ,

Frankybadboy

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 09:30:17 pm »
Hi i use a backpack but also do some trad aswell,a van mount wouldn't be great for me as i use different vehiles, but i may well invest in a trolley if my round gets bigger.Theres one thing that has baffled me i have a shurflo backpack and when it full it's heavy is there anyone who can actally carry it on there back?.I just carry it around thats why a trolley would make things alot easier.
I'm sure there is people who can carry them, none that i know of want to carry them on their back though. I'm still getting round to getting a small sack trolley for mine... ;D  I'm making it a priority for the new year  ;D
i done my first 6mths every day carrying it on me back there is a nack to doing this,no your right its not easy but hey.

i now use only a few times a months on some jobs,that need it. as we now have a 2man van mount.but i still get it on me back with no problems.
so quick for these jobs.

Ross G

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 11:58:55 pm »
ive got my 500lt tank + 40.40 system in my shed, its fully lagged out with a heater in there just in case  ;)
i use a trans pump to fill 12 25lt tubs that i have in my van.
from start to finish it only takes about 15 mins tops to fill the tubs  ;)
And i think the Trolley T35.  35 litre capacity trolley is the best, does penty of window on just 1 fill,
& i only have to charge it once a week  ;D ;D ;D ;D HAPPY DAYS  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey I'm looking for a transfer pump what make have you got ?

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 07:45:11 am »
I never liked trying to drag hoses out all the time . I take the pole and reel to the farthest point (I have nice light microbore hose) and run the hose back to the van and plug it in. I find that easier and quicker than trying to drag out a hose from the van.

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 08:11:10 am »
I never liked trying to drag hoses out all the time . I take the pole and reel to the farthest point (I have nice light microbore hose) and run the hose back to the van and plug it in. I find that easier and quicker than trying to drag out a hose from the van.

seriously?! unless I've misread you, isn't that the same as pulling the hose from the van, other than its in reverse! and you now have to carry the reel further!  ???

I do think you need to experiment, for me plonking the reel on the floor at the back of van works, I can aim it any direction then. for some its having it fixed to bed of van. for Vince its carrying the hose reel round with him!  ;D :D ;)

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 08:11:50 am »
How does that work Vince?surely leaving reel next to van and grabbing pole and end of microbore and walk to your furthest job and working back is the best and only way? ???
price higher/work harder!

Pureclean Essex Services

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 11:11:54 am »
i think i have calmed down a bit now i will give it till the new year with the van mount. i think i need an aquadapter for my pole and fix the reel in the van  :) :)

I cant understand why people dont fix reels in van, i used to have a trailer system, and had to keep getting reels from boot of car, then when finished pack them back in again, such a pain and a waste of valuable earning time, i now have van mount with fixed reels, and shaved a third of my working day compaired to trailer, keep at it fella, it does get easier.

Brian.

PURER CLEAN

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »
ive got my 500lt tank + 40.40 system in my shed, its fully lagged out with a heater in there just in case  ;)
i use a trans pump to fill 12 25lt tubs that i have in my van.
from start to finish it only takes about 15 mins tops to fill the tubs  ;)
And i think the Trolley T35.  35 litre capacity trolley is the best, does penty of window on just 1 fill,
& i only have to charge it once a week  ;D ;D ;D ;D HAPPY DAYS  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hey I'm looking for a transfer pump what make have you got ?
Hello Ross G its a Clarke pump model number TAM 105 fittedwith Clarke number EPC 1000.
hope that helps ya mate, i think its a great bit of kit & wouldnt be with out it now ;)

Erithwc

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 02:19:15 pm »
Right the company i contacted don't do ply lining kits for a vauxhall combo crew cab but i remembered that i had a metal fire guard in my lockup it will fit a treat just need to get some hollow square bar to make a frame to mount it to which shouldn't be hard as i can use my dads mig welder  ;D ;D

second problem was i didn't want to fit my Pole Flow Control Valve to my nice new slx25 so i have ordered a aqua-dapter

last thing i need to do is order some yellow cones  ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2011, 03:24:18 pm »

seriously?! unless I've misread you, isn't that the same as pulling the hose from the van, other than its in reverse! and you now have to carry the reel further!  ???

Course it's not.  You take the whole reel, especially easy if you have a reel with wheels on it, and you wheel it to the farthest point, and then you just leave the end of the hose by the window where you're going to start working, walk the hose reel back to the van, plug in, grab pole, return to where you're going to work, and start working.

It depends on the job and the obstacles, but it can be easier doing it this way; depending on the circumstances.  I'll do it on a couple of jobs where I need all 100 meters (or there abouts), and there's loads of obstacles which mean I can't just drag to hose to the starting point.

bumper

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2011, 03:35:31 pm »
what i do is strap 2/ 25 litre barrels to my back with pump in 1 barrel and a piece tubing connecting to other barrel. and use my fibreglass pole to clean the windows after 1 house i go home coz i'm knackered
 ???

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »
what i do is strap 2/ 25 litre barrels to my back with pump in 1 barrel and a piece tubing connecting to other barrel. and use my fibreglass pole to clean the windows after 1 house i go home coz i'm knackered
 ???

;D ;D ;D

and interesting explanation tosh, tks. does it have wheels Vince? my hose reel is so damned heavy no way would it ever make sense dragging it up the road, then have to walk up to 100 metres back to van with it! but each to their own....... I'm still learning and picking up bits of useful info, tho won't b trying that one this time!