dazmond

dumped 25 jobs!!
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:27:50 am »
sorted out the wheat from the chaff!bad payers,dog muck minefields,pain in the bum access issues all dumped!!

i feel better already!! :D :D

im now left with 316 customers.a mixture of very compact 3 bedders,pockets of 4/5 bedders,granny flats,converted barns,big stand alone country houses and a few commercial.

got more room for better paying bigger jobs.plus i will have all the extra add on jobs soon with spring/ summer just around the corner.

price rise in april for about 200 of these customers!

im banging this round into shape slowly but surely!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

anyone else done the same?

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

David lyddon

Re: dumped 25 jobs!!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:53:06 am »
me to daz.binned a load of terraced and crap payers.now get most fridays off and still earn more money,working smarter.

the bfg

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:26:48 pm »
Hi Daz.

I have a dumping of custies every Jan  so I start my new year with a big smile  knowing I wont be cleaning their windows ever again

it really it good therapy and good ridence as well  :D :D

WinTech

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:14:39 pm »
Ive just picked up:

25 bad payers,dog muck minefields,pain in the bum access issues.

They must be yours.... >:(  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:20:53 pm »
Ive just picked up:

25 bad payers,dog muck minefields,pain in the bum access issues.

They must be yours.... >:(  ;)

ha ha ha!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Darranvps

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 03:48:30 pm »
Dazmond

Thats the way to do it, keep making your round leaner and more profitable as well as easier to do.

g newton

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 08:03:32 pm »
What's the point in dumping 25 customers poope or not it still has a resale value once sold on it isn't your problem
doesn't  sound like a good business decision to me!

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 08:28:28 pm »
What's the point in dumping 25 customers poope or not it still has a resale value once sold on it isn't your problem

I used to think exactly that.Once you reach capacity something has to give.

g newton

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 08:52:56 pm »

a mate of mine was a financial adviser with a large bank something he once said always stuck in my mind
never sell your assets unless you are consolidating your funds for a life on the beach or they have reached a point at which any financial gain cannot be guaranteed
ie sell you poope dont give it away

bobby p

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 09:23:47 pm »
i was collecting today for last time from this serial bad payer  but as i walked away a neighbour called me over and i gained a new customer.  so that cloud really did have a silver lining !

Jackal

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 10:31:56 pm »
im dumping 3 custys from next weeks work as im sick of chasing for payment,im even going let them keep the money they owe me,just dont want waste anymore time on them

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 11:02:44 pm »

a mate of mine was a financial adviser with a large bank something he once said always stuck in my mind
never sell your assets unless you are consolidating your funds for a life on the beach or they have reached a point at which any financial gain cannot be guaranteed

You say never sell your assets and then say sell them, don`t give them away. Which one?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

g newton

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 11:18:48 pm »

You say never sell your assets and then say sell them, don`t give them away. Which one?

dont say that at all read again
keep unless a profit cannot be guaranteed-or sell if retiring for a  more comfortable life-
comprende

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 11:21:19 pm »
these customers ive dropped are scattered about here and there not compact!i have sold some work in the past that was in just one area for £1200.he lost the whole round within 3 months as he simply couldnt clean windows to an acceptable standard!

id just had enough of being messed about etc etc.

i feel better for doing it they were more of a liability than anything else!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 11:25:56 pm »

dont say that at all read again
keep unless a profit cannot be guaranteed-or sell if retiring for a comfortable life-
comprende

Yes.
Good advice.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

g newton

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 11:37:56 pm »
these customers ive dropped are scattered about here and there not compact!i have sold some work in the past that was in just one area for £1200.he lost the whole round within 3 months as he simply couldnt clean windows to an acceptable standard!

id just had enough of being messed about etc etc.

i feel better for doing it they were more of a liability than anything else!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

its a shame they couldnt be passed on to someone local starting out 25 custies even with a bit of grief is a good starting point
im sure they must have paid you up eventually or you wouldnt still have them
i know i would jump at the chance if i was up your way

Londoner

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 06:56:17 am »
You shouldn't sell bad customers. Why have that on your concience? Are you that desperate for money?

In a couple of months, somebody else out canvassing will pick them up and the cycle will start all over again. 

ian1972

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 03:40:31 pm »
Well if anyone wants to dump drop customers around the Manchester area drop them my way!!!!!!

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2011, 09:14:20 pm »
why cant we have a section on here for dumping/passing on/selling custies???? :o

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2011, 11:48:10 pm »
Well if anyone wants to dump drop customers around the Manchester area drop them my way!!!!!!

dazmond is round manchester ways
salford ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

John Walker

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 12:00:06 am »
Hi Daz and other Dumpers :D

Out of interest - how did you actually dump your customers and what if any reason did you give them.?

Was it - Letter/phone call/face to face or just not going again? etc.

(Close to dropping a couple of mine - no access unless they are in and difficult to arrange suitable times - basically a pain in the butt)

John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 12:06:21 am »
some ive just said im sorry but i cant fit yours in anymore !others im just not gonna go back(only cleaned for 6 months or so).others ive just said i cant drag my hose through your dog muck in ya garden again!! ;) ;D ;D

very professional i know! ;) ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

Stevie G

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 03:40:04 pm »
we have dump't dozens every year for all different reasons. why would you want to tell them anyway.
iv'e cleaned 2 this week and then been told that they have moved! funny that couse
they diden't ring to let me know. the other thing is cleaners get a bad name for
cleaning a few times and not coming back. it's becouse WE dont want to be
messed around or drag the hose thru dog s#'t!

jay kingston

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 04:31:47 pm »
Dazmond

I hear you,but I would have loaded the price instead,
that way you would be well rewarded for crap jobs and
be quids in.
You know the saying "the rough with the smooth"
Anyway it's your call at the end of the day,but that's how I play it. :) :) :)

Jay

Johnny B

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 07:47:17 pm »
I have had to dump a few customers over the years. Most of them have been bad or non-payers, most of whom just gave me the runaround.

I never told them they were dumped. They got the hint when they saw me cleaning neighbours' windows at later dates.

How many came over to pay me? Exactly none! Good riddance to bad custys.

John. 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Cbs Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 01:30:50 pm »
sorted out the wheat from the chaff!bad payers,dog muck minefields,pain in the bum access issues all dumped!!

i feel better already!! :D :D

im now left with 316 customers.a mixture of very compact 3 bedders,pockets of 4/5 bedders,granny flats,converted barns,big stand alone country houses and a few commercial.

got more room for better paying bigger jobs.plus i will have all the extra add on jobs soon with spring/ summer just around the corner.

price rise in april for about 200 of these customers!

im banging this round into shape slowly but surely!! ;) ;D ;D ;D

anyone else done the same?

dazmond

So, i take it you're not coming tomorrow then, you could've said.   :-*