sunnycleaning

Cleaning Round for sale Brighton
« on: June 25, 2009, 12:42:20 pm »
Hi,

I am moving to Spain in the next few months and am selling my cleaning round.  It is well established cleaning private domestic homes, mostly key holding, with an annual turnover of between £8,500 and £10,000 per annum.

The round is in the Brighton and Hove area and I am asking £3000 ono.

ryan1

Re: Cleaning Round for sale Brighton
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 12:56:26 pm »

Hi There

How many years has the round been going for ?? and when you say key holding???

Thanks

sunnycleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 01:23:50 pm »
Hi,

I've had the round for exactly one year.  Lovely customers.  I mean key holding in that I have keys to most of the clients, one or two are at home when I come to clean so I don't need a key.

Personally I prefer to have a key because it gives me flexibility on which job I do first, rather than having to be there at a certain time and have a client waiting specially.

All my customers are lovely but that might be because I really try for them.  A lot of people think cleaning is easy but it's hard work and very rewarding.

I don't want to just shut up shop and go to Spain, firstly I'd be letting them all down and secondly I've worked hard to build it up, it's a nice little business.

Craig 72

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:32:48 pm »
Crikey,would your customers trust a total stranger (whoever buys your round) with a key to their house?I'd be buggered if I would.

sunnycleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 10:11:16 pm »
Anyone who wanted to buy the round would have to come round with me and work hand in hand for a change over period, to get used to the way the customers like things done, be introduced, the system that I've been using to maximise my time and get the best results etc.

I have never had a customer even question trustworthiness, but then most of them don't have Ming vases, most household items are very low value and it's just not something that comes into question.

Besides I wouldn't just hand over the keys to a new owner without taking them round and have my customers unaware of what is going on, that would be ridiculous and foolish for any potential buyer, they wouldn't know where to start.

Besides there's a car, website, marketing strategy etc which would have to be explained.