BDCS

Re: anyone bought a pressure washer from the usa?
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2008, 09:14:53 am »
US gals as quoted by the Americans are smaller than the good old British Gallon, Thats where confusion starts - they should quote in litres when selling into Europe IMO

Kleen Machine

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2008, 03:14:46 pm »
The pressure washer is a Honda GX390 with a Comet ZWD4040
pump. The pump puts out 4000PSI (275.790 bars) @ 4.0GPM (15.141litres) per minute.
There is import duty & Vat when it arrives at the airport.

Hal

sage cs

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2008, 05:23:32 pm »
Hal @ Merrill Fox

Sent you two emails please take a look at your inbox
thanks
Stuart

TVCS

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 10:12:04 pm »
Import duty works out to about £50 and vat aswell.  All in all it comes in at a few bob over a grand.  Plus diesel money to brum airport to pick it up.  (at todays prices the diesel my be the most exspensive part. ;D ;D
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

dandandan

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 08:49:14 pm »
Pay the extra for delivery to your door,they will bell you when it lands from the USA.good luck pal,Dan

drive surgeon

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 10:25:26 pm »
did you ring hal or email him?

TVCS

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 11:41:15 pm »
I emailed him, but I think his emails were not getting back to me ( now and again I have trouble with my broadband)  so I phoned him in the end.  Decent chap, sorted everything really promptly. 
(well i hope so, I'll confirm that when I open my crate from the states lol) 

Dan, I was thinking about paying the extra but now its all sorted and according to Hal it left him today, I guess I'll have to pick it up.  Or do you mean when they call me to say its landed I can sort delivery then? 

dandandan

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 08:53:13 pm »
Yes,i think Hal uses UPS,they will ring you for payment of the import duty when the gear arrives so just tell them you want to pay the extra to your doorstep,you can give the driver the import duty plus the extra delivery payment in one go,the washer weighs a good bit so it`s worth it mate,dan

TVCS

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 06:46:37 pm »
I got a fax and a call from ups yesterday regarding the pressure washer.  they estimate I should have it on Tuesday of next week.   it left merril fox on Tuesday.   

TVCS

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2008, 12:10:10 am »
I have ordered the machine, it comes with hoses and lance etc and I ordered a turbo nozzle too.

dandandan

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2008, 01:14:46 pm »
I was totally green and it took me a good few hours to set wheely bin kit up and sort it all in van.Plus i nwas bugging Hal and people on here for tips(thanks everyone)If i was doung it again it would take me an hour tops.Everythings quick connect.I don`t think you really need wheely kit,you probably could just throw pipe into top of bin as it sucks it out anyway,ball cock water stop is a must so you don`t flood the van,i got a reel off pirtec as well,100 foot of hose is a pain to reel in,i have 100 foot on reel and 50 foot hanging in van for rare larger jobs.Don`t forget spare o rings and connectors.You won`t go wrong with merrill,mine took about a week to land on the doorstep.I`ve just got another turbo nozzle and a rotating brush for my extending pole for cleaning fascia boards etc,plus some extra tips for my guns as i`ve lost 2 by not making sure they are in properly before firing,ha ha

TVCS

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2008, 05:45:01 pm »
Just spoke to UPS and they are delivering on monday. 
I think I might have a beer or 2 to celebrate.

TVCS

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2008, 12:35:02 pm »
Phone call this morning at 11;30.  The delivery driver phoning to tell me that my address is not on his sat nav. 
So i give him directions, which he doesnt really listen to.  I am about 30 mins away he says.   Right, so I down tools and head off back home.  Its now 12;30 and no sign of him.  What a pain in the ar*&.  Got a big job to complete today and here I am drinking tea and eating biscuits whilst the wife is still on site working away.  I think I might have a little lie down.  after another game of solitare. ;D

TVCS

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 07:28:09 am »
It arrived at about 1 pm and it all looks pretty bl*&*y good.  Not had time to fire it all up yet but from outward apperances it all looks ok.  They even sent a packet of spare bits and bobs too.   
Not too bad really , paid for it on Tuesday afternoon and it arrives the following monday. 
To get UPS to deliver was another £53.   Duty was £16., vat £191, airline handling was £33, fuel surcharge £8, brokerage £55. 

TVCS

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 03:20:36 pm »
On their website look at the BE Direct drive 13hp Honda GX390 pressure washer.
On the 3rd page I think.  It lists what you get.  plus the turbo nozzle.

dandandan

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2008, 11:07:31 pm »
That doorstep delivery is  well worth the outlay though,good luck.Dan

drive surgeon

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 08:15:04 am »
did they bring it right to your doorstep, mine had to be picked up at the parcel forse depot. ???

drive surgeon

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 08:48:49 am »
i was thinking of moving abroad and starting it off, cleaning swimming pool areas and hotels etc, in america its a big game there.  pressure washing is booming!! 8)

drive surgeon

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 08:52:25 am »
clint im sitting tight at mo, as the credit crunch and looming recession could bite hard, im already going slacker now, and when the kids are off all the parents money and time is gone,  its not a good time to be splashing the cash on thousands of pounds of equipment, we could go into a economic crisis and no one wants to spend any money????? ???   might sit and wait to see how it goes im just scared of not getting the work to warrant £250 a month extra,  my kango is paid for now you see.

TVCS

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2008, 01:49:39 pm »
Yep, delivered to my doorstep.  Well worth the extra few bob.  IMO