This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

Re: anyone bought a pressure washer from the usa?
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2008, 02:58:07 pm »
 :-\ :-\ ???  do i or dont i get the new kit and big van ??

drive surgeon

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2008, 04:01:12 pm »
well last year  i went to india and then dubai,  ;D  then came back and started work again in february. 8)  but usually im scraping round looking for scraps to feed off with the pressure washing.  dont do anything else.   my mate got work down the docks blasting the sides of boats, he just turns up dipps his hose in the dock and works their when he wants,

drive surgeon

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2008, 06:03:18 pm »
lets get together on here and work out ideas for winter pressure washing.

gordoningram

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2008, 11:12:03 am »
have u tried www.notherntooluk.com there prices are not bad and deliver next day and have loads of spares at hand

gordon

TVCS

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2008, 05:59:40 pm »
fired up the new beastie today.  got to say, pretty impressed.  not sure how I have managed this long without a turbo nozzle ;D ;D ;D  what a treat that is.   
got to fettle with it I think as it wasnt pulling from my water bosh very well, but I did set it up in a hurry though. 

over all very pleased with it, might clean my dads drive tomorrow as a bit of a test run before I attack some custies .
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

TVCS

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2008, 09:04:10 am »
didnt bother withthe wheely bin stuff, always just used a water bosh and always worked ok.  And only one turbo nozzle.  I will just have to be carefull and not fire it off the end of the lance  ;D ;D

I will order a few more bits when i have worked off the value of this machine.  I have a few big jobs lined up so hopefully wont have to wait too long.

TVCS

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2008, 03:44:58 pm »
I do gutter cleaning with wfp at the moment so dont use ladders unless i have to,  but hate doing it.  I am thinking of not offering it because for some reason I always hate the job.  I charge ok so my hourly rate is good but its one of those jobs I just dislike.  But, no I havent seen the set up you have mentioned.  where is this, do you have a link?

Been playing with my p/w set up today but not happy with the way it feeds from a barrel.  It seems to be not getting enough water thro.  You know the slight rattle sound it makes when the water supply is limited or when the hose kinks.  It seams to be making that noise.  Been using the same feed pipe as before and no kinks and all the filters are clear.  Might have to get a fatter hose maybe.  (then again this hose is pretty big) 
Any thoughts guys?

TVCS

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2008, 05:16:39 pm »
did first job with new machine today, 

Allocated all afternoon as it was a load of rough slabs around a mill.  Really dirty, weedy and coated in lichen.   
2 hours later I was back home with a cold beer.  Tops. 
HAd to run the machine from the tap as it isnt pulling water as well as I'd like but thatwasnt a prob really.  The turbo nozzle was great.  Looking back I cant beleive I didnt get one years ago. 
over all, a happy chappy. 

drive surgeon

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2008, 05:35:41 pm »
did the tap give enuf pressure to feed the machine???? ???  weird.

TVCS

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2008, 07:58:11 pm »
This tap was like niagra falls.  Took the water bosh etc but when I tried this tap I was almost washed away. 

I got the job through a mate of mine who is a plumber.  He told me the water pressure at the property was bonkers but I didnt beleive him until today.  If only all houses had it.

TVCS

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2008, 10:05:43 pm »
had a quick look at the gutter vac.  looks good but a good price too.  Then again it would only take a handfull of jobs to pay for itself.  definately a commercial tool i think compared to domestic. 

drive surgeon

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2008, 08:41:19 pm »
think the fox does it from wot i can remember! ;)

drive surgeon

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2008, 10:39:55 am »
he is very good clint!

dandandan

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2008, 10:32:31 pm »
When your pallet arrives at airport the shipping company will bell you and tell you a delivery date/time,they also tell you to have a cheque ready for the driver for import duty and  if your having it the extra delivery charge to your door,you`ve paid merrill everything else including the delivery to the airport.Put your order in,save your money ,takes no longer than a week,no on is more helpful than Hal at merrill fox.Dan

drive surgeon

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2008, 09:59:44 pm »
i will be buying from usa!  well better than the uk!

TVCS

« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2008, 09:37:27 am »
I will be using them again, no doubt.

I needed a few bits and bobs, connectors etc and Hal got them to me within 3 days. 
Overall I have been very impressed with the service. 

All I need now is a shed load of new work to go with it.  At the moment I only have 4 more drives to clean and a couple of small patios.   But I am in mid negotiations with a football club for a complete stadium clean.  Fingers crossed.

TVCS

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2008, 10:59:59 am »
i recon about 3 -4 days.   I have had a talk with the grounds man about doing a deal over the price and we get a couple of big advertising boards put up around the place

TVCS

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2008, 07:31:11 pm »
The ad boards are about £200 each per year.  We should get 2 for free for the first year then at discount each year afterwards.   
Providing the directors are happy with my clean price.  lol