Re: whats you thoughts
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2008, 10:07:29 am »
Sorry to hear you have ill health, even more reason to get what we are worth.
What I am trying to get across is that everyone expects something different and prices can be adjusted to suit. Like most tradesman that work in the domestic market they do not charge everyone the same price for there service, its not like dipping sheep each job is priced on is own merits.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2008, 07:53:26 pm »
well im sorting a siteout and ive told them it has to be a good one as i dont care what it costs ! with in reason , had some leafts done and should be on the way ready for this week , as im going to move intoo anthor zone

today i took two calls in that have been with us a lot of years and moved too anthor cheaper company when we upped the prices !

they came back to us as there work was poor and want us back what ever the cost with in reason

they booked a suit and a frontroom dinner in at 120 pounds

and a three setter and two chairs at 90 pounds this is where i want to be hopefuly , i hope others are getting something from this as i am and im takeing things on borad  also im looking into on site quotes it maybe the next step

Mike Roper

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2008, 11:24:12 pm »
I would be reluctant to just lose 20 odd years of customers in a hurry. Cant you     gradually encourage most of them to pay a bit more for the quality of work offered. I realise some just will not so be it but surely most would as your comment on some returning proves. A flexible pricing set up is the way forward, forget the 'cos I'm worth it' bregade who wont budge on price. With the set up you've got you can do jobs fast for those who wont pay and still make good money while giving the better class of job the time needed to do the job you and the client want and expect.
The climate being what it is, its the leanest and meanest that will come through while the others will fall by the wayside.Just remember the ones who fall will not only be the cheapy guys but also the guys charging big bucks but not getting the work.
Make changes and move forward but sometimes this isnt an overnight job but takes time.
Mike from sunny Whitby

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2008, 02:41:46 pm »
A lesson for us all though is to ensure we all increase our prices little by little each year to ensure we bring our regular customers with us whilst not springing unexpected price increases on them.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2008, 09:17:56 pm »
Sometimes you can get stuck in a rut as some customers expect to pay the same year in year out and at the risk of losing them you do have to up the prices.

I upped mine over night practically and just advertised heavily to make up the short fall.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2008, 09:20:09 pm »
Roger good post :)

Am with you on that one :)

« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2008, 09:33:32 pm »
Confucius said. Learn to let go and make way for new riches. But if you have diarrhoea best keep bum hole clenched. ;D

clinton

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2008, 09:48:41 pm »
 ;D