Stoots

Re: Sounds like a keeper.
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 11:25:16 pm »
And if I could go back I would never have gone down the text for access route. We no longer offer it to new customers. It’s too restricting. You’ve gotta get there. Then they start texting back late on an evening when you’ve done your worksheets & turned off your pc that they’re away or whatever. They see it as a choice. Or they wanna know what time. Then you’ve got rain which we personally don’t bother working in.  Staff off sick, unexpected extras etc can hold you up so you don’t get as far down your list as you thought. Texting was the worst thing I ever did.

I agree with this, i text approx 50% of my work, mostly for access but some just because I always have and it's a habit.

So annoying when they text back what time   ::)roll.   

In know exactly what you mean, it becomes a burden because now you must get there, if it rains you off you have to text them all back or if you run out of water or just book too many in etc. If you wake up and think actually I can't really be arsed today lol then your stuck.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 12:46:21 am »
And if I could go back I would never have gone down the text for access route. We no longer offer it to new customers. It’s too restricting. You’ve gotta get there. Then they start texting back late on an evening when you’ve done your worksheets & turned off your pc that they’re away or whatever. They see it as a choice. Or they wanna know what time. Then you’ve got rain which we personally don’t bother working in.  Staff off sick, unexpected extras etc can hold you up so you don’t get as far down your list as you thought. Texting was the worst thing I ever did.

I agree with this, i text approx 50% of my work, mostly for access but some just because I always have and it's a habit.

So annoying when they text back what time   ::)roll.   

In know exactly what you mean, it becomes a burden because now you must get there, if it rains you off you have to text them all back or if you run out of water or just book too many in etc. If you wake up and think actually I can't really be arsed today lol then your stuck.

tell me about it then if you cant turn up for some reason for example something serious happens like van breaks down while your calling around 20 mechanics finally get it booked in get buss home dinners well over due u need to get on the phone asap turn pc on but then its 9pm ... its a recipe for disaster i see 2 ways around it 1) do it for decently sized/priced jobs where its worth your while and you treat them specially but they're paying for that service 2) if you're employing someone you prob have the extra time to do that sort of admin otherwise for the sole trader working alone opening your self to that sort of liability is a nightmare it can become an absolute can of worms..once i used to text 100 houses a week it doesn't matter what you put "information only"if you cant unlock we'll clean front" ... you will always always get questions what time no thanks tomorrow next week can you do saturday sorry cant open skip this time and when youre texting that many you end  up having to respond late early morning

nathankaye

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 02:08:27 am »
Personally I don't find texting an issue and I've been doing so for around three yrs now.
It's a standard text that I have saved, so all I need do is add the recipients which doesn't take that long to do.
Also my customers know they will still get charged if they forget to open the gate, after I've informed them that I'm coming.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Soupy

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 05:12:13 am »
I would text them all. Currently I text about 1/4 so 1000ish.

Cleaner planner does it at the press of a button.

They can't text back.

It's not a guarantee of service.

Soupy

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 05:38:51 am »
I had one approach me today.

She got as far as saying "you can come through the the house to get to the back"

Told her sorry no I can't as my hose leaks.  :D

Done away with all those type of jobs now.

Mind you soupy if it's an employee doing it feck it get him jumping over.

No chance. He obviously has a problem with his gate. If it can't be open when we get there we aren't doing it.

If we were to damage his gate(s) he'd be on me like a fat kid on a pick and mix.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 08:30:39 am »
Personally I don't find texting an issue and I've been doing so for around three yrs now.
It's a standard text that I have saved, so all I need do is add the recipients which doesn't take that long to do.
Also my customers know they will still get charged if they forget to open the gate, after I've informed them that I'm coming.

Surely don't they get annoyed if you're charging them full price? I like to say if you can't unlock your gate we charged for example half price or x for the front and side trouble is some customers cant or won't provide access on the due date or week, and when your work is all over the place because some areas close to you are saturated it literally becomes a problem where you need to drive 1 hour for example to do one house they even say if you can't skip it til next time as we all know it becomes a much harder clean ideal world would be to focus on local area then you will have no problem really rescheduling

Crystal-clear

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 08:34:06 am »
I would text them all. Currently I text about 1/4 so 1000ish.

Cleaner planner does it at the press of a button.

They can't text back.

It's not a guarantee of service.
Yes you obviously have staff in this circumstance I would text as well because it's in your interest to do full houses as many as possible getting software like that would also help a lot I don't know if you entertain not today come tomorrow come next week but you have the Manpower and admin to absorb that extra work

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 09:11:17 am »
i text some of my customers the night before just as a courtesy text to let them know im coming.mostly these are large stand alone properties often with electronic gates(i have the gate codes)....if there is a problem i stop myself a wasted journey(building work etc)..

customers with larger properties in the middle of nowhere really appreciate me notifying them rather than just turning up "ad hoc"
price higher/work harder!

Mick Kent

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 09:16:29 am »
All she clearly wants is a regular reliable window cleaner who isn't a sandwich short. Will be a good solid customer this 1.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 10:35:56 am »
Large properties then yes maybe. And yes my texts are linked to Text Marketer through Aworka so it’s only a couple of clicks away. But a high percentage of my texters are a PITA. I stand by what i said earlier.

Soupy

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 11:55:12 am »
Large properties then yes maybe. And yes my texts are linked to Text Marketer through Aworka so it’s only a couple of clicks away. But a high percentage of my texters are a PITA. I stand by what i said earlier.

Don't give them a reply option and stop handing out your mobile number - problem solved.

Marc Stock

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 12:22:04 pm »
Personally some of the opinions and replies on this thread only serve to reinforce this customers point.

Personally i would take her on, do the work, leave the bill with next clean date, she jots it down leaves the gate open on the due date.. and guess what i go back and actually provide a service..i do this all the time. She would probably be a good customer.

Mick hit the nail on the head. All she wants is a window cleaner that isnt going to be a PITA for her; nowt wrong with that.

I am so fed up with this forum; as mostly its a bunch of winging window cleaners; with a chip on thier shoulder, and a stick up thier ass.  If you are going to provide a service; go ahead and do it.  Doesnt matter if it rains, sun, etc just stick a coat on FGS and do the work.

Classic typical attitude.

"If you wake up and think actually I can't really be arsed today lol then your stuck."

Just about sums it up really; its probably why ladies like this customer exist. One of the biggest complaints i find is customers not knowing when thier window cleaner is going to turn up; and when they do at the last min .they get all humpy if the customer dosent want it done.

Slacky

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 12:54:10 pm »
I wouldn't contemplate entertaining someone who doesn't fulfil my own personal customer profile. They'll turn out to be a total waste of time.

However, I would consider discussing with others who I've never met for hours on end on an internet chat forum because I want to be 'right'.

Soupy

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 01:46:32 pm »
Personally some of the opinions and replies on this thread only serve to reinforce this customers point.

Personally i would take her on, do the work, leave the bill with next clean date, she jots it down leaves the gate open on the due date.. and guess what i go back and actually provide a service..i do this all the time. She would probably be a good customer.

Mick hit the nail on the head. All she wants is a window cleaner that isnt going to be a PITA for her; nowt wrong with that.

I am so fed up with this forum; as mostly its a bunch of winging window cleaners; with a chip on thier shoulder, and a stick up thier ass.  If you are going to provide a service; go ahead and do it.  Doesnt matter if it rains, sun, etc just stick a coat on FGS and do the work.

Classic typical attitude.

"If you wake up and think actually I can't really be arsed today lol then your stuck."

Just about sums it up really; its probably why ladies like this customer exist. One of the biggest complaints i find is customers not knowing when thier window cleaner is going to turn up; and when they do at the last min .they get all humpy if the customer dosent want it done.

All true however the tone of his email is a bit off IMO.

I replied in a professional manner, a wee bit cheeky too but that's OK.

We are perfectly capable and prepared to handle this customer, undoubtedly we've more particular customers than this one already on the books.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 02:27:27 pm »
They crossed the line on point 4 for me, I don’t like people who speak in a condescending manner.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 03:26:56 pm »
They crossed the line on point 4 for me, I don’t like people who speak in a condescending manner.

maybe she made that point because her current window cleaner is a clueless thick idiot(some WCs are!)... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 04:48:44 pm »
Points 1) and 3) would rule me out.  I won't climb gates and I like to keep the option to work Saturday during busy periods.  Also, I don't do monthly so they would need to agree six weekly.  That's not arrogance, that's business sense.  I'm not going miles out of my way for one house when everyone else is on a different rota from them.
However, neither point is insurmountable.  I don't like texting ahead for access, but if they were prepared to leave it unlocked, it could be a runner.
What I will say though is that potentially, I would lose the occasional clean when they are on holiday and there is the potential to occasionally disrupt my schedule due to 'no Saturdays'.  Therefore, the service would come at a higher price.

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 05:10:51 pm »

maybe she made that point because her current window cleaner is a clueless thick idiot(most WCs are!)... ;D

Soupy

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2018, 07:34:48 pm »
No reply anyway.

Missing Link

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2018, 08:21:59 pm »
I quite like finding out if potential customers are a potential pain-in-the-arse before the first clean.  I'll either not bother, or stick in a cheeky price.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am