koopmaster

Did you do universal credit ?
« on: April 14, 2020, 04:55:13 pm »
I did sign up .. then cancelled as I went to work.. then got a shock when I realised I had lost a quarter of my work ..(business) and it's gonna be bad month.

Anyone else jump on the UC bandwagon?

CleanClear

Re: Did you do universal credit ?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 04:57:49 pm »
it's gonna be bad month.

You'll have to forgive me, but i still can't stop laughing  ;D ;D ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 06:43:34 pm »
absolutely not.......id never apply for UC......too proud....never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....id rather work.....
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 06:49:00 pm »
Worked ever since leaving school at 17 and never claimed any form of benefit in my life

G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 06:53:48 pm »
absolutely not.......id never apply for UC......too proud....never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....id rather work.....
What if you couldn't work?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 06:59:15 pm »

id have to be in a very dire situation before id apply for it mate......its not how i was brought up......you go to work NO MATTER WHAT  was our family motto  ;D.......

jk999

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 07:01:06 pm »
Would rather live of any savings i have than lower myself to claim uc £94 a week its a disgrace expecting people that should be working to live of that it wouldn't even cover my weekly shop

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 07:04:53 pm »

id have to be in a very dire situation before id apply for it mate......its not how i was brought up......you go to work NO MATTER WHAT  was our family motto  ;D.......
So you would apply for it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 07:08:11 pm »
Would rather live of any savings i have than lower myself to claim uc £94 a week its a disgrace expecting people that should be working to live of that it wouldn't even cover my weekly shop
People that should be working? What do you mean by that?
And you can claim it and be working.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Don Kee

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 08:04:03 am »

never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....

How’s that council house these days Daz?

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 08:45:35 am »

never ever do i want to sponge off the state like lots of people around here do....

I pay my way..I dont claim any benefits like the majority of people around here mate....

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2020, 08:49:46 am »
I think the point Daz is that council house residents may pay council rent but it's not at market level. It is subsidised housing.

Ooooooog

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2020, 09:28:48 am »
 :D

Missing Link

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2020, 09:42:37 am »
I think the point Daz is that council house residents may pay council rent but it's not at market level. It is subsidised housing.

In sleeply little Chepstow, rent for an average three-bed-semi is around £850 pcm.

That's flipping outrageous if you ask me.

Hopefully this current situation will kill off the buy-to-let market and rents can drop to an affordable level.

House prices need a good drop too; doesn't bother me in the slightest; I need somewhere to live.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slacky

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2020, 09:48:27 am »
I expect Daz pays about £85.00 a week.

:-*

Ooooooog

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 11:26:40 am »

Scrounger

Don Kee

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 01:46:11 pm »

I pay my way..I dont claim any benefits like the majority of people around here mate....

The council house and the subsidised rent payments are a form of benefits.
In fact, over the years you’ll of (in your words) ‘sponged’ way, way more off the government than anyone that may have claimed UC over the past month.

I haven’t ever claimed myself but I wouldn’t judge someone else that felt they needed help, especially in the current situation.

Maybe try engaging the old brain before smashing your forehead against the keyboard, mate.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 02:14:36 pm »
Its a funny world with how people look down their nose on benefits. There are quite a few who work hard and can still apply for benefits in order to top their earnings up and these very same ones also pay their taxes as well.
I agree though thatbit has created a society who would rather not work and swindle the benefit services and this does need monitoring.

On the other hand, my circumstances are changing quickly and Im now looking into different situations as i may be finishing work altogether.  However, I would sooner be working and my wife (whos only in her early 30's, was fighting fit and didnt have any ailments which sees her in bed most days of the week)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 02:52:46 pm »

its £75 actually.......... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 02:55:58 pm »

In fact, over the years you’ll of (in your words) ‘sponged’ way, way more off the government than anyone that may have claimed UC over the past month.

I haven’t ever claimed myself but I wouldn’t judge someone else that felt they needed help, especially in the current situation.

Maybe try engaging the old brain before smashing your forehead against the keyboard, mate.

its the people that have been on benefits all their life is what i hate pal.....lazy people who could work but choose not to....not someone who needs a bit of help....calm down! ;D

Missing Link

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 02:59:22 pm »

I'm not sure I agree.

Sure, rent on social property is cheaper, but it should still cover the costs of everything in the long term; councils shouldn't be making huge profits from social housing.

We just need a lot more of it.

It grips me that Labour and the Tories have been abysmal at building houses, yet more than willing to open the doors to millions of migrants at the same time.

We're lucky, we have a small mortgage on a comfortable three-bed semi in a nice area, but if I'd have to rent, I'd be narky about it.

I was brought up in a three bedroomed end of terrace council house and looking back, we were lucky to have the stability it provided.  Not having to worry about the roof over your head is the absolute basic foundation of living a happy life.

Had I had to rent now, at the prices I see, I'd be narky about it.

And they wonder why large swathes of working class voted to leave the EU.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Slacky

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 03:54:50 pm »

its £75 actually.......... ;D

How much would it cost to rent an equivalent property from a private landlord?

The difference is what you 'sponge' mate, every month...

How long have you been in that flat of yours?
 :P

Don Kee

Re: Did you do universal credit ? New
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 04:41:31 pm »

its the people that have been on benefits all their life is what i hate pal.....lazy people who could work but choose not to....not someone who needs a bit of help....calm down! ;D

I’m calm mate.

And I’ve personally no issue that you’re in a council house, I’m sure the reason you’re in it is because at some point in your life you needed it.
The fact the council haven’t asked for it back is their issue and a problem with the system, it’s not your fault.

I’m just making the point that it’s easy to judge without knowing the circumstances.
You said people are “sponging” by claiming UC (or something to that effect).
Considering the post was about a W/C maybe claiming, it was normal to assume you were aiming at them.

My crystal ball isn’t working at the moment, so I didn’t know you meant differently.
Unless you’re backtracking of course but I’ll take your word for it...