WGB

Aqua tap reviews
« on: January 13, 2015, 09:01:05 am »
Anybody got a a aquatap review for me? Been speaking to a local suppler and said he didnt rate them because it was hard to operatate at 30-40 foot and was difficult to tell if water was on or off? Opinions please?

Thanks Wayne

robbo333

Re: Aqua tap reviews
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 11:55:47 am »
I use one everyday but for your heights I would use a normal inline tap.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Gerald Ash

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 12:26:46 pm »
I use an aquadapter it`s superb. However at the max height it is a little difficult to turn. I work upto thirty feet so might not suit your needs.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 02:56:37 pm »
Aqua Tap review.

Good water control is one of the key factors in being able to use a high flow rate and save water, over the years I have tried different taps, remote control systems, even pinching the pole hose, NONE of these come close to using the Aqua tap in ease of use.

Why? – firstly the Aqua tap responds to your touch instantly, giving you total control over the flow rate of your water, great when scrubbing green soffit, fascia and gutters with cleaning chemical before flicking over to full flow to rinse off.

Secondly, it's the only system I know where both hands are on the pole during operation, no searching for that tap dragging behind you, the remote hanging around your neck, no balancing a 30ft long pole while you try to tug the pole  hose in a vain hope the aqua-daptor will operate correctly.

We have been using Aqua taps for nearly a year now, so it's safe to say they have been well and truly tested, and there are no long term issues, no breaking springs, they work just as well ground level as they do 40 foot up in the air. It is lighter, yet more rugged than its main rival the Aqua-daptor, it's also more compact and had less moving parts providing excellent reliability.

Using the Aqua tap for the first few times may feel a little strange, mainly because it's so easy to use, you just twist the pole! Simples! No more taking a hand off to operate a tap, or pull the pole hose to operate a lever, just instant flow control.
For the new user the only issue I can see is when scrubbing and standing to the left you can inadvertently twist the pole in your hands and turn off the water flow, however by the second day this minor blip is overcome. Ongoing the Aqua tap suffers from no wear and tear and remains reliable, for your own personal preference the Aqua tap can be separated and the 2 o rings re greased with silicone grease to keep the swivel action nice and smooth – separating the Aqua tap is very easy, it's a matter of pulling out 2 dowel pins and then pulling the two sections apart, this takes around 5 minutes to undertake and we perform this ‘service’ once every month.

In our opinion, there is nothing better than the Aqua tap for controlling water flow on your water fed pole, it's easy to use, reliable and saves water.

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:08:57 pm »
Nice review Darren, one of my concerns about the aqua tap is the fact you have to touch the glass to turn it off
so anything on the brush could be returned to the glass.
Could I ask what way do you work it as not to get this and also does it add much weight to the pole.
Thanks Sean.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 03:27:40 pm »
After using the Aqua daptor for a couple of years the pole was lighter the Aqua tap is 70 grams so you may feel something if going from a bare pole with brush to adding this.

I've always used the bottom edge of the frame or the leading edge of the sill

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

WGB

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »
Nice review smudger :)

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 04:19:28 pm »
Who sell's these thing's please? And Smudger, how are they when working through balcony railing's?

tlwcs

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 05:53:02 pm »
Do you ever break the nipples off and are they replaceable?
Tony

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 06:21:01 pm »
Peter fogwill
You can get them from the wcw ( they were £15 at the w/end so I got another 4 )
Or from here...

http://www.windowcleaningstuff.co.uk/brushes-poles-accessories/997-aquatap.html

No problem through railings, and the hose tails have never broken, they are plastic, but quite rubbery so they don't shatter or crack.  Some of the guys hold the hose in place with an o clip but I've worked happily with the hose just pushed onto the barbs

Darran

DaveG

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 06:43:10 pm »
My only gripe with the A/tap is when using hot water the hose pops off the "nipple"
You can't polish a turd

chris turner

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 07:07:44 pm »
My aquatap is very stiff, I have to turn it by hand before I start cleaning the window. I'm on my second one, the first was perfect, only a small amount of pressure was needed to turn. My current one has been stiff from day one, though I havnt taken the time to figure out why.

trippyboy

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 07:12:10 pm »
My first day with the Aquatap,infact this morning it was still sitting in the parcel companys depot, they tried to deliver it yesterday but no one was in so I collected it this morn, promising myself I would install it after my days work, alas I couldn't wait  ;D. Got to my first job and fitted it on the pavement. :)
No first day issues to report , the thing done what it says on the tin and I am happy with it up to now.
Very early days I know but it beats bending down , and with my dodgy knees that's a big bonus.
Got to say also that it feels like a well made quality product , and for the small price its worth getting one and trying it because no one is going to grumble if they end up binning it.

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 07:32:43 pm »
Chris, sometimes they do 'dry out', if you remove the two pins you can pull the tap apart, On the front half are 2 o rings, if you smear a little silicone grease over them it lubricates and returns the tap to a nice free movement, I understand if using extreme brushes you can remove one o ring for really easy (almost loose)movement !

When doing lots of soffit fascia gutter work, they tend to need lubricating every six weeks, reg window work once every 3 to 4 months.

Darran

chris turner

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 08:22:14 pm »
Cheers smudger il give that a try. It is a great bit of kit and I couldn't be without it now.

Klean07

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

the king

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 08:35:11 pm »
im not keen on it i find it turns off all the time its sat in the van colecting dust but its more robust compaired to the aquadapter an liter im a aquadapter fan much beta i think

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:59 am »
Thanks for your review smudger.
I was never taken with the idea of the aquadapter due to weight issues and earlier models parts breaking.
Does anybody use an aquatap with gardiners quick release and quick loc systems ?
I use a supermax 40 as my only pole ( sections removed for lower work ! ) and am considering trying out an aquatap on it.

Looking on gardiners site it would appear I need to buy these two parts to adapt my
pole to fit the aquatap.

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/aluminium-acme-accessory-screw-thread.html

and

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loq-resi-neck-type-2.html

is that correct ?

Does it make the pole much longer ?

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 12:59:51 pm »
Aqua Tap review.

Good water control is one of the key factors in being able to use a high flow rate and save water, over the years I have tried different taps, remote control systems, even pinching the pole hose, NONE of these come close to using the Aqua tap in ease of use.

Why? – firstly the Aqua tap responds to your touch instantly, giving you total control over the flow rate of your water, great when scrubbing green soffit, fascia and gutters with cleaning chemical before flicking over to full flow to rinse off.

Secondly, it's the only system I know where both hands are on the pole during operation, no searching for that tap dragging behind you, the remote hanging around your neck, no balancing a 30ft long pole while you try to tug the pole  hose in a vain hope the aqua-daptor will operate correctly.

We have been using Aqua taps for nearly a year now, so it's safe to say they have been well and truly tested, and there are no long term issues, no breaking springs, they work just as well ground level as they do 40 foot up in the air. It is lighter, yet more rugged than its main rival the Aqua-daptor, it's also more compact and had less moving parts providing excellent reliability.

Using the Aqua tap for the first few times may feel a little strange, mainly because it's so easy to use, you just twist the pole! Simples! No more taking a hand off to operate a tap, or pull the pole hose to operate a lever, just instant flow control.
For the new user the only issue I can see is when scrubbing and standing to the left you can inadvertently twist the pole in your hands and turn off the water flow, however by the second day this minor blip is overcome. Ongoing the Aqua tap suffers from no wear and tear and remains reliable, for your own personal preference the Aqua tap can be separated and the 2 o rings re greased with silicone grease to keep the swivel action nice and smooth – separating the Aqua tap is very easy, it's a matter of pulling out 2 dowel pins and then pulling the two sections apart, this takes around 5 minutes to undertake and we perform this ‘service’ once every month.

In our opinion, there is nothing better than the Aqua tap for controlling water flow on your water fed pole, it's easy to use, reliable and saves water.

Darran

it's funny isn't it how opinions differ
Aquadapter for  me, on my extreme18 turning the aquatap was awkward and seemed stiff from the word go
Back to Aquadapter again and will buy another in the future
each to their own eh!!!

chris turner

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 01:05:59 pm »
I did as smudger suggested, took one of the o rings out and greased up the other, the tap works a charm now.