Clever Forum Name

Re: What gizmo makes your working life easier?
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 11:36:04 am »
I fell of a roof so suffer with a bad back. But I have managed to Improve it loads.

I would never EVER EVER EVER go back to un fixed reel. Never. Never. I would actually quit window cleaning.

Spruce. I had those coz reels mounted on the van floor first then I decided on the frame. Easier to wind in. More space in van and rollers work even better.

Taking these two reels out and fitting slightly different electric cox reels.

Battery wise yeah. I have 3 will be looking at 5 and a large solar panel on the roof.

But I have to say the grippa tank split charge relay is amazing.

Went to work with 12.6 in van. Worked all day and didn't move the van once. Two men on a massive glass roof. Drove home. 12.5 in van.

30 miles driven. I dunno how it works. But I had A mess about with a volt meter and the current varies A LOT.

Spruce

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 11:59:05 am »
Cheers Pure.

Who are you getting the reels from and what are their cost of you don't mind me asking?

I contacted the manufacturers of Grippa's relays (Samlex) a few months back as I was skeptical about their claims. I was told by them that it is just a simple relay without any fancy electronics to speed up battery charging. So it just seems that I have to continue to supplementary charge my leisure battery as I do very little mileage.

Are these leisure batteries you are using or are they ordinary batteries? One of the local cleaners on here occasionally, swears by automotive Banner batteries. Although I have only good things to say about the Numax leisure batteries we have in all three vans, I may try a Banner battery when my leisure battery gives up (its nearly 3 1/2 years old. Son's Numax is now 4 years old.)

Thanks, I really appreciate your input so far.

I have just found 12v reels from Xline systems at £799.00 + VAT each.  :'(
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 04:20:42 pm »
You would do better with the power up reel from WCW. it's about £300/400 £

Jordan King is the developer.

Urmmm i don't know been WFP for 4 years and this is the only split
Charge relay to work so far as it should do.

I have 3 OEM ford batteries and a leisure numax I believe.

Reels wise they are coming in at just under 900£ each.

jimiwindows

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »

WATER