H20cleaning

need some advice with gardiners poles...
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:53:30 pm »
I am looking at ordering my first ever CLX-27 at the end of the week so need a few suggestions.

firstly what is the best brush to buy?
1- medium mixed dual trim
2-flocked dual trim
3-xtreme medium mixed brush

is it worth getting a flow valve on the microbore as I have never used one before?

and whats the best hose connector?

My reason for buying a 27ft is that I have a few 3 story houses. Can I take sections off to make it a 22footer for most of the my round?

bobplum

Re: need some advice with gardiners poles...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 10:25:32 pm »
email mr gardiner

H20cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:13 pm »
email mr gardiner
I would imagine that the best feedback will be from the windies using them each day though wouldnt it?

ben M

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:41:38 pm »

CleanClear

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 10:47:22 pm »
I am looking at ordering my first ever CLX-27 at the end of the week so need a few suggestions.

2-flocked dual trim

Choice of brush is always going to be a personal preference I use a CLX 27 every day and in my opinion using a standard superlite makes it hard going. Using an extreme in whatever flavour takes your fancy makes it a very usable all day long pole. My own personal preference would be choice 3.
is it worth getting a flow valve on the microbore as I have never used one before?
I'm guessing when you say "flow valve", do you just mean a tap? If so yes a tap is a good idea.
Another can of worms opened, i love the rectus 21, some guys will say you need the bigger rectus 26 or whatever and others prefer the simplicity ,cheapness and availability of hozelock.
My reason for buying a 27ft is that I have a few 3 story houses. Can I take sections off to make it a 22footer for most of the my round?
I have a few too and i just use the pole as is for everything.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

H20cleaning

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 10:49:29 pm »
Thanks mate very helpful as i dont know the correct names for things! And as for the brushes there is so much choice lol

marc

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:27 pm »
My advise would be pay the extra and get a slx I have both albe it my slx is 30ft or 35ft compared to the 27ft clx and the clx is so much more whippy but still a good wearing pole
Marc

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 11:12:20 pm »
I have a medium mixed dual trim brush on my SLX 27.
However, I do a quick change for one of those old superlite soft brushes when cleaning o a house with stuck on leads.  The risk of damaging the fake lead joints reduces a lot if you have a soft brush without a splayed pattern.
As for removing sections.  Yes, I suppose you could.  However, I use a CLX 18 for most of my work.  It's much lighter.  Having the extra pole is worthwhile IMO and it's a useful back-up if a clamp breaks etc (though the newer ones seem much more resilient).
I use a hozelock style copnnector with flow control tap attached to it.  Buy a few at a time and regard them as a consumable.  With reasonable care they should last a while.

home6442

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 11:42:32 pm »
I would agree with Paul if most of your work is 2 story get a CLX 18 and also a CLX27 for
the odd 3 story. If your budget allows.
I cant stress enough how much I am impressed with the CLX18 its a real joy to use.
Don't be temped with a SLX25 to use as an everyday pole yes its a great pole to replace a 27ft fiberglass xtel
but I was far from impressed with it.
A lot whippier than I was expecting especially over conservatory roofs.

3 Wheel Windy (Retired)

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 11:55:14 pm »
Is the clx 18 4 sections? I am thinking of the 22 for normal houses. They are doing with brush and kwik release resi neck. £110 + vat
Good punctuation and grammar, makes the difference between helping your uncle Jack, off a horse & helping your uncle, jack off a horse. ;D

DG Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 12:05:26 am »
I'd for a rectus 21 female on the hose reel and a male on the pole hose with the flow valve fitted to the pole hose.
They are easy to use and if like me you don't use a controller its nice to shut the valve a bit if your doing a dodgy upstairs bay that's going to drip a lot.

Regarding poles a lot use the slx 25 as an everyday pole and it will do all the three story stuff.
I'd save up if I were you and get an slx you'll earn more per hour with it and it puts less strain on you.
I've got an slx 22 and I love it an 18 footer would do most of the time but I like to reach across and do next doors upstairs if I can plus I don't struggle over connies.

I've got an extreme medium mixed with my slx.
I figured, why not get the lightest brush to go with a light pole?
Its so light that I thought it would be rubbish but it just floats over the glass and shifts everything.
The combination of the 2 added a few quid to my hourly rate.
Happy days   ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 09:00:38 am »
I got SLXII 18 & 30
18 everyday pole with a sill brush, floaty light brush.
22' for me is too long when collapsed.
I'm fairly tall (6'1) with a good reach so an 18' reaches pretty much everything on 2 stories including over conservatories.
A 22' (for me) isn't long enough to reach those 3 storey houses with the top window(s) set back-dormer style.
But the 30' is light enough to use all day on an estate with a mix of 2 & 3 storey.

Brush-dual trim medium mix.
Sill on the 18'
Standard brush on the 30'

Let us know how you get on.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

H20cleaning

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 09:16:40 am »
Cheers for the feed back and i see what your all saying about the SLX however my budget wont spread that far as i need one asap, also i have been using a big heavy xcel 24ft for the past 3 years so i think anything will be a big improvment  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

2-flocked dual trim

You can take a section off the CLX27 and you would then have a pole a little longer than the CLX22. You would also need to buy a new #5 end cap to protect the end.

With regard to brushes if you want the ultimate in light weight then The Xtreme Medium Mixed is my go to brush.

In my opinion the EZ-Snap connectors are the easiest to use.

A pole flow valve on the pole hose is in my opinion the easiest way to control water flow and conserve water - http://youtu.be/cS51l4oY2mg

H20cleaning

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 09:37:19 am »

2-flocked dual trim

You can take a section off the CLX27 and you would then have a pole a little longer than the CLX22. You would also need to buy a new #5 end cap to protect the end.

With regard to brushes if you want the ultimate in light weight then The Xtreme Medium Mixed is my go to brush.

In my opinion the EZ-Snap connectors are the easiest to use.

A pole flow valve on the pole hose is in my opinion the easiest way to control water flow and conserve water - http://youtu.be/cS51l4oY2mg
Thanks Alex i will be ordering friday, going round my uncles to have a look at all of his gardiner poles to see wich will suit me best. Thanks again everyone

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 09:45:55 am »
We have gone through the complete range.

Extreme every time. I have a converterd extreme for fascia cleaning and one for conservatory roof cleaning.

I would invest in the slx. You are going to be using your pole for many years hopefully. So why not invest in one.

Slx would be a minimum for me.

Also you can earn more money with an extreme or slx.

Less fatigue. Less whip. More control. Stretch over longer extensions.

If you are near bedfordshire. You can view my extremes from 18 - 47ft

Or we have some slx's and some old clx. But I think you are covered with your uncle.

Seriously SLX as a minimum. You will not regret it.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 10:01:08 am »
Ez snap and rectus,  I have had my fill of these.
I am going to try the aquadapter plastic ones.
They look good and have been recommended on here,  so it's time to give them a whirl.
Aquadapter anyday for me on a Clx or slx,  pole taps create  a loop to trip over.
I bought  a Clx 27,  not used much now,  too bendy.
Save money in the long run  and get an slx
If only used intermittently though you can get away with the Clx for now.

H20cleaning

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 10:07:35 am »
We have gone through the complete range.

Extreme every time. I have a converterd extreme for fascia cleaning and one for conservatory roof cleaning.

I would invest in the slx. You are going to be using your pole for many years hopefully. So why not invest in one.

Slx would be a minimum for me.

Also you can earn more money with an extreme or slx.

Less fatigue. Less whip. More control. Stretch over longer extensions.

If you are near bedfordshire. You can view my extremes from 18 - 47ft

Or we have some slx's and some old clx. But I think you are covered with your uncle.

Seriously SLX as a minimum. You will not regret it.
I know what your saying but your obviously really busy so your hourly rate and fatigue is a big issue, were as im only young and building steadily and atm only working 9-3 on the glass, also I havnt got the budget for the SLX as I am looking into a heated system aswell.
also I have been used to a big old heavy xtel 26footer for 3 years so I think anything will be a breath of fresh air to my limbs ;D

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 11:00:21 am »
The difference between an clx and slx ain't a lot mate.

I'd look at an slx 30 and a clx 18 then. Buy the slx first :p

H20cleaning

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »
The difference between an clx and slx ain't a lot mate.

I'd look at an slx 30 and a clx 18 then. Buy the slx first :p
I have made my mind up on the clx 27, just need to decide on brushes etc from my feedback