matt

Re: Building your own system
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 08:05:59 pm »
pop over to the DIY WFP site / forum

e.mail for a link

diywfplink@yahoo.co.uk

my opinion ( and its been said many time by others in the past ) its easy to over buy ( be oversold ) and RO unit, you can allways upgrade a RO unit by adding another membrane, i use a 100 GPD RO unit and its fine, it runs 24 hours a day, you say you will have a 1000 L tank at home, thats 3 days water stored in the tank right from the word go, add to that water stored in your van tank, you will need your RO running 24 / 7 into that 1000 L tank, but thats not a issue, as i said, if you find your running short on water, add another membrane ( thus 200 L per day ), you could start off with a 200 or 300 GPD unit though and just let it run, so you will start the week with the van tank and home tank full

i have a 400 L tank in my van, and thats overkill ( its never got more than 300 L in it )

if i use 250 L a day i know ive earnt more than i aim to, normally 150 - 200 L a day is amount that leave my brush

its easy to get into the splash your water around and have the pump hammering away on full, why, really no need to have that much water used, so why use it ? ? ?

Matt, do you wfp downstairs windows or do them trad?

i used to trad downstairs and i would use about 100 - 125  L a day

for a while ive done all the windows, thus i use 150 - 200 L a day, i find downstairs uses less than up, i guess its because i can see the rinsing

dd

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 08:32:51 pm »
Most days I use 400 litres plus, but my work is largely on an 8 week cycle.

Also I suppose it depends on how long a day you work. Must make things more simple in using less water - smaller van etc.

dd

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 08:39:07 pm »
traps 7 if you are currently cleaning 10-15 houses per day you could expect to increase that to 20 or so once you get the hang of wfp.

This would cover the extra overheads/running costs of wfp and the extra profit would justify your investment. On the other hand you could just work less for same money.