paul alan

Re: Used tfr for the first time.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2018, 09:18:06 pm »
What is hypo, where do I get that from?

Its safer to use than caustic tfr then?

Thanks

if your worried about the TFR post your really gonna $h!t yourself when you look at what Hypo can do

Darran

Yeah it looks like a bit of a mine field.

I see jigsaw have formulated a tfr for window cleaners, squeeky clean dave has done a test video on youtube and it didn't stain upvc after being left on for 45 minutes??

I might just give that whirl, seems there are pros and cons to everything you use.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 02:12:41 pm »
We did a particularly dirty first clean on Saturday. I was given some tfr recently by another local cleaner and decided to give it a try.

It was really good stuff. Way better than the dilute virosol I normally use. I find with virosol it does help to shift the muck but does nothing for any discolouration underneath. The tfr bought the whites up a couple of shades whiter.

I must order some, which is best though and at what ratio when mixing?

Also I want some kind of sprayer with a long lance to be able to apply this stuff at height. What are other people using to do this?

for really dirty frames that you want to bring up whiter you cant beat cif cream cleaner.......for general dirt then virosol is sufficient.....

as for caustic tfr and bleach(hypo)...no thanks.....dont want to be using these chemicals on customers properties.....no need in most cases anyway.....
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2018, 02:33:47 pm »
A back pack sprayer won’t be wasted Paul, all you need to do is run water through it after using Chems, it’s then good to go for pure water as well.

I use a gardiners backpack and spray either ubik, sodium hypo and fairy depending on the state of the gutters. There’s never been a problem with staining or a problem with the backpack. Just make sure you rinse it through thoroughly and you’ll have no problems with the pump or pure water use after.

I use an old facelift Phoenix pole with a fan jet on the end of the 5mm hose to spray the gutters.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2018, 05:34:11 pm »
Also ciff tried everything over the years and although nothing is needed 90 percent of the time ciff is the best by a long long way

paul alan

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2018, 06:31:53 pm »
Also ciff tried everything over the years and although nothing is needed 90 percent of the time ciff is the best by a long long way

Ciff/cream cleaners in general are abrasive, they will dull the frames. I use solvent soudol, less scrubbing too.

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2018, 09:09:52 pm »

Ciff/cream cleaners in general are abrasive, they will dull the frames. I use solvent soudol, less scrubbing too.

Yes they will dull the frames and can leave visible scratches but you would have to look closely to see it

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2018, 10:30:46 pm »
you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear........if a customer with filthy old  UPVC windows/frames wants them cleaning then a slightly dull finish is perfectly acceptable....theyll still be miles better than they were before you cleaned them... :)
price higher/work harder!

paul alan

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2018, 10:33:22 am »
you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear........if a customer with filthy old  UPVC windows/frames wants them cleaning then a slightly dull finish is perfectly acceptable....theyll still be miles better than they were before you cleaned them... :)

I agree mate, but I have a problem with walking away from a job if I haven't done my best with it.

It feels great transforming manky windows, does wanders for your reputation too.