Bungle

Re: Where will this one go?
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 05:47:16 pm »
How was the ladder being supported on the fascia?
We look at them, they look through them.

Smurf

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2015, 06:33:46 pm »
By the looks of the angle of the ladder in the pic the top of the ladder was on the wall methinks.
That seems a very hard and doddgy way to do things to me compared to the ladder system I prefer to use.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 06:41:23 pm »
How was the ladder being supported on the fascia?

It wasnt on the fascia.

By the looks of the angle of the ladder in the pic the top of the ladder was on the wall methinks.
That seems a very hard and doddgy way to do things to me....

It wasn't on the wall either.

We use a stand-off every single time we take off the van. On this occassion the stand-off was on the roof tiles, ensuring far superior access to the gutters and a far safer manner within which to carry out work at height.

I would've thought you would have worked that out from the gutter images,  especially as you use a similiar system (apparently  ;) )

Smurf

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2015, 06:47:57 pm »
So don't tell me the chap taking the pic should be footing the ladder then but just buggered off as they do  ;D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2015, 07:39:25 pm »
*YAWN*

Nothing illegal in that.

Bungle

« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2015, 08:11:53 pm »

Bungle

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2015, 08:16:05 pm »
To be honest the ladder looks at a dodgy angle. One slip of the feet and specky is a gonna  :-\

Rich Wilts

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2015, 09:04:34 pm »
You'll be at a dodgy angle if you don't shut up you old fart   ;D

Smurf

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2015, 11:07:53 pm »
 ;D

Bungle

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2015, 11:20:39 pm »
You'll be at a dodgy angle if you don't shut up you old fart   ;D

:-X

sunshine windows

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 12:21:11 am »
Ladder is digging a nice hole in the lawn anyhow. No chance of a slip there
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Barryy

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 01:16:58 am »
Hello Mrs Mercalfe, thank you for our reply. I got the impression from your enquiry that you wanted a particularly thorough window clean, as you referred to frames and cills. Your frames being sash require a lot more time to clean than regular frames.
Don't think they're sash, I think you did the wrong house!

Plankton

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2015, 02:03:23 am »
I can negotiate a higher fee for you, but I'll have to charge 33% commission ;)
I've sent a quote at £145 (discounted) with window cleaning free of charge. Pricing gutters slightly different now due to elf n safety.
Problem is I've only got tomorrow or five weeks down the line available!

Rich Wilts

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2015, 09:03:59 am »
Hello Mrs Mercalfe, thank you for our reply. I got the impression from your enquiry that you wanted a particularly thorough window clean, as you referred to frames and cills. Your frames being sash require a lot more time to clean than regular frames.
Don't think they're sash, I think you did the wrong house!

No, you're right. For some reason I remembered them as being sash. The last time we'd done them was March last year, so the brain cells were struggling to recall the place. Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised to see they wern't when we turned up but thought it strange that she hadn't picked up on that. I would've reduced the price if she had.

NWH

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2015, 11:27:54 am »
If I ever speak to someone about a quote or someone calls me up with that attitude I would just say sorry I haven't got the time to do it,how it starts is how it finishes usually badly. I would end up resenting doing it for her, my approach is its not the time it takes but the end result. I've had a few over the years like that but I can honestly say I don't now,the only thing like that I'll tollorate is going on the day that suits sometimes and that has to fit in with me also,cleaning on certain days and times would only be on £50 + jobs and when on the area. That is the kind of job you would take on if desperate for the work.

Smurf

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 01:35:01 pm »
You wanna bet... not only they can still slip backwards but the ladder can dig in unven and twist too whilst yer up the top working. So now you have survived that bit but now there is mud on the ladder feet so now try it on a slippery hard surface and see what happen next....  I know I've tried Ooops! ;D

Regarding a microlite standoff for resting on roof tiles it's a great bit of kit to use but still won't stop the bottom of the ladder slipping/twisting.

I just don't get why some ppl just take chances when there is kit available that can make roofline work so much easier and safer to do but each too their own I guess.

For only 95 squid you can work on your own safely on all types of surfaces by having an ankalad stabiliser fitted to the ladder and deployed properly which is a no brainer if you ask me.   ::)roll

Ladder is digging a nice hole in the lawn anyhow. No chance of a slip there

sunshine windows

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2015, 02:07:34 pm »
Smurf, it was meant with sarcasm  ::)roll
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

Smurf

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2015, 02:38:26 pm »
oh I see  ;D

Lance how are you getting on with your 2 new guttervacs ?

Smurf, it was meant with sarcasm  ::)roll

sunshine windows

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2015, 02:55:38 pm »
Not received them yet. I was told around weds this week. They ran out of pole sections, they've been in such high demand.

Can't wait now though. Getting lots of add ons at the minute.
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

Smurf

Re: Where will this one go? New
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2015, 10:01:02 am »
Nice one Lance...well you did order quite a few pole sections yourself.
If I remember correctly works out about 17 sections so I would imagine that was quite a big order for grippatank in one hit.

Gardiner-lite guttervac sections are rated very highly by some so let us know how you get on with them 

Not received them yet. I was told around weds this week. They ran out of pole sections, they've been in such high demand.

Can't wait now though. Getting lots of add ons at the minute.