Deangsi

gutter cleaning yearly service??
« on: November 24, 2014, 08:20:48 pm »
hi guys anyone managed to get people on an agreed yearly service for gutter cleaning ? thinking if i could get 100 gutter cleans a year at lets say average £50 thats gunna be an extra 5k a year was thinking book them in months in advanced weather people would forget then moan when you do them? id like to have 1 day a month on them if it was possible  ;D

Jakey boy

Re: gutter cleaning yearly service??
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »
I say give it a go,

I also like the odd gutter clean, I'd like 1 a week, it's good money and changes things up a bit...

Smurf

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 12:01:54 am »
On the domestic side I don't sell my gutter clearing service as a yearly contract but do get regular work from it. Like anything it's a numbers game so the more you do the more will want it doing every year or two.  Some even want their guttering checked and cleared every 6 months so no two customers are the same.

Same goes for cleaning the outside of guttering fascias etc which can lead to regular work too.

Deangsi

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 08:38:26 am »
Il start selling it to them :)

Ian101

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:50:32 am »
we have our oven cleaned once a year ... the guy normally rings about now to book in for mid December.

No reason it wont work on gutters

supernova77

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:21:05 am »
I don't set them up on Aworka as yearly jobs... However each month I check who's gutters I did 12 months earlier and give them a call or send an email or text... Everyone I did last November have booked in for a gutter clean in December this year - it's good extra income.

Andy

Smurf

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 10:06:34 am »
That's the way to do it...I clear gutters all year round though so I need to get them all updated on the database so can easaliy see who is due as I tend to be very lazy and just wait until they call me instead.

I don't set them up on Aworka as yearly jobs... However each month I check who's gutters I did 12 months earlier and give them a call or send an email or text... Everyone I did last November have booked in for a gutter clean in December this year - it's good extra income.

Andy

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 10:21:35 am »
What sort of money do you lads charge to clear guttering?

Myself I started of really cheap but now charge alot more and still seem to get plenty of new work coming through. Price wise I tend not so much go on size which is a good start but also take in consideration how awkward the jobs like height of the property, any access issues and how bad they are including any blocked downspouts that need unblocking too.

supernova77

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »

Myself I started of really cheap but now charge alot more and still seem to get plenty of new work coming through. Price wise I tend not so much go on size which is a good start but also take in consideration how awkward the jobs like height of the property, any access issues and how bad they are including any blocked downspouts that need unblocking too.

I got an email this afternoon from someone in North London asking for a quote for gutter cleaning (just clearing out) on their 3 bedroom house...

I don't know what the house looks like but i replied with a quote of £195 (including before and after pictures)... Yes, this may seem excessive for a 3 bed house but it would take me 1.5 hours to get there - then do the job - and then 1.5 hours to get back.

I probably won't get it, but if I do then it will be worth it.

Last week we cleared the gutters of a regular window cleaning customers house - a 4 bed detached with easy access gutters - it took just over an hour and we charged £75.

So... Price depends on location and who the customer is.

Andy

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 05:09:09 pm »
Sorry but how can you give a price when you don't even know what it looks like

I got an email this afternoon from someone in North London asking for a quote for gutter cleaning (just clearing out) on their 3 bedroom house...

I don't know what the house looks like but i replied with a quote of £195 (including before and after pictures)... Yes, this may seem excessive for a 3 bed house but it would take me 1.5 hours to get there - then do the job - and then 1.5 hours to get back.

I probably won't get it, but if I do then it will be worth it.

Last week we cleared the gutters of a regular window cleaning customers house - a 4 bed detached with easy access gutters - it took just over an hour and we charged £75.

So... Price depends on location and who the customer is.

Andy

supernova77

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 05:41:33 pm »

Well... How long is clearing a 2-storey 3 bed house going to take? An hour, or hour and a half if they are really full... Plus the 3 hours total travel time.

Andy

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 09:27:35 pm »
Well for a start it could be an old 3 bed detached bay fronted house with gutters on all 4 sides and a fook off big conservatory right across the back that also has a wall gulley they want clearing. Also on one side has and garage attached that has an asbestos roof with no access apart from through maybe next door side gate to get to that side which has to be arranged in advance for access. The other side next door has built a double extension very close that side of the house for all I know. Oh and it's on a steep hill and they have dogs so crap is everywhere too.  ::)roll

Not all 3 bed properties are the same is all I'm saying so I like to know what I'm letting myself in for especially if I was going to be travelling 3 hours round trip FFS  ;D

Well... How long is clearing a 2-storey 3 bed house going to take? An hour, or hour and a half if they are really full... Plus the 3 hours total travel time.

Andy

supernova77

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 09:40:32 pm »
Well for a start it could be an old 3 bed detached bay fronted house with gutters on all 4 sides and a fook off big conservatory right across the back that also has a wall gulley they want clearing. Also on one side has and garage attached that has an asbestos roof with no access apart from through maybe next door side gate to get to that side which has to be arranged in advance for access. The other side next door has built a double extension very close that side of the house for all I know. Oh and it's on a steep hill and they have dogs so crap is everywhere too.  Roll Eyes

Not all 3 bed properties are the same is all I'm saying so I like to know what I'm letting myself in for especially if I was going to be travelling 3 hours round trip FFS  Grin

Are you are glass half empty or half full kind of guy?

Lol  ;)

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:26 pm »
well put it this way yes  ;D

Well for a start it could be an old 3 bed detached bay fronted house with gutters on all 4 sides and a fook off big conservatory right across the back that also has a wall gulley they want clearing. Also on one side has and garage attached that has an asbestos roof with no access apart from through maybe next door side gate to get to that side which has to be arranged in advance for access. The other side next door has built a double extension very close that side of the house for all I know. Oh and it's on a steep hill and they have dogs so crap is everywhere too.  Roll Eyes

Not all 3 bed properties are the same is all I'm saying so I like to know what I'm letting myself in for especially if I was going to be travelling 3 hours round trip FFS  Grin

Are you are glass half empty or half full kind of guy?

Lol  ;)

Avo

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 07:36:43 am »
We proberly do a minimum 50 cleans a year easy, the key is don't go mad on the prices I'd say most jobs take 1 hr even if it's just to clear out one side by the time you get there and setup.
We now charge £25 for one side vac out
£40 x2 sides
x3 £50 sides

This week doing two hotels cleaning second one today as we had a frost yesterday.

Smurf

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 11:16:21 am »
I tend to price high and still get plenty of work as I'm about twice as much as those prices you have given if not more.

We proberly do a minimum 50 cleans a year easy, the key is don't go mad on the prices I'd say most jobs take 1 hr even if it's just to clear out one side by the time you get there and setup.
£40 x2 sides
x3 £50 sides

This week doing two hotels cleaning second one today as we had a frost yesterday.

hasti

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 10:49:25 pm »
£40 x2 sides
x3 £50 sides

How much did you charge for this  the ones on photos avo ?  :)

Avo

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 08:34:08 am »
£400
£275

Smurf

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 09:30:20 am »
Nice...did they take you very long to do?

£400
£275

Avo

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 09:36:07 am »
Both jobs were completed in 2 days I've never cleaned out gutters 4th floor over 40ft before so that was a new experience lol.

Smurf

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 09:49:00 am »
Wow! 4 storey...what kit are you using?

Both jobs were completed in 2 days I've never cleaned out gutters 4th floor over 40ft before so that was a new experience lol.

Avo

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 11:52:53 am »
Haha well....

If I told you I used my nilfisk 1800w you will laugh but I did 😄 with gutter sucker carbon poles and gopro cam

I thought the vac would never handle it but it survived both jobs lol. I had to make minor changes to the filter on the vac to nylon mesh because the filters on this vac are pants and hinder the motors power upto 40%

Looking at upgraded wet vac like numatic wvd900 or the nilfisk maxxi 75 twin now.

Here a pic from yesterday

Smurf

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 12:45:22 pm »
That 4 storey must have been a ball breaking job...how did you manage with those poles as I bet they were bendy as fook at that height?

Avo

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 01:15:07 pm »
Honestly they were fine not that bad at all.. I wished I'd filmed that part of the job.

I couldn't lift it straight from the ground though The last few sections had to be put on one at a time.

I filmed some of the three-storey when I get chance I will put a video together

hasti

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2014, 02:33:56 pm »
Haha well....

If I told you I used my nilfisk 1800w you will laugh but I did 😄 with gutter sucker carbon poles and gopro cam

I thought the vac would never handle it but it survived both jobs lol. I had to make minor changes to the filter on the vac to nylon mesh because the filters on this vac are pants and hinder the motors power upto 40%

Looking at upgraded wet vac like numatic wvd900 or the nilfisk maxxi 75 twin now.

Avo, you need to adjust your go pro, this photo is not a sharp clear picture.

Avo

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2014, 02:52:20 pm »
I just took a screen shot from my iPhone but yes I will look into this thank you

Deangsi

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 10:28:59 pm »
Fair play that poor 1800 watt hoover lol, you wreken a 2000 watt wet and dry vac is good enough for 2 story?

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2014, 11:43:53 pm »
what gopro are you using?

I use a gopro 3+ silver and found it is not that great in low light but works well when the sun is out.

I also prefer to have the gopro on the top rather slung underneth the nozzel as is easier for me to see what I'm doing and take vids/pics of the area in front.

I just took a screen shot from my iPhone but yes I will look into this thank you

Smurf

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 12:29:24 am »
I'm looking to getting some carbon poles but how the hell can they say there gutter sucker poles be so say carbon when there is only 30% carbon in them?   ::)roll

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gutter-Cleaning-Machine-Gutter-Sucker-Carbon-Fibre-Pole-Sets-/321486494775

Haha well....

If I told you I used my nilfisk 1800w you will laugh but I did  with gutter sucker carbon poles and gopro cam

hasti

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 06:41:47 am »
I'm looking to getting some carbon poles but how the hell can they say there gutter sucker poles be so say carbon when there is only 30% carbon in them?   ::)roll

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gutter-Cleaning-Machine-Gutter-Sucker-Carbon-Fibre-Pole-Sets-/321486494775

Haha well....

If I told you I used my nilfisk 1800w you will laugh but I did  with gutter sucker carbon poles and gopro cam

I wouldn't rate these carbon poles,( i don't think they are 100% carbon)  the only best ones i have had is Grippa Tank, By far they are the best.

Avo

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 07:55:45 am »

Haha well....

i can only think the full poles are much better these are part carbon.. Having said this there are not all bendy and whippy if that's your worry, I have had these poles over 2 years and done hundreds of jobs without any issues so far.

Avo

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 07:57:33 am »
They have gone up in price too when I bought mine I paid £250 for a set from spinaclean with accessories.

Smurf

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2014, 08:37:06 am »
I'm sure grippa tank poles are made/branded by gardiners so they should be good.

Those gutter sucker hybrid poles for want for a better word the sections don't seem to be very light

Avo

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 08:59:53 am »

I use a gopro 3+ silver and found it is not that great in low light but works well when the sun is out.

I also prefer to have the gopro on the top rather slung underneth the nozzel as is easier for me to see what I'm doing and take vids/pics of the area in front.

white edition it's ok for looking in gutters

Smurf

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 12:26:29 pm »
Not really if you want to take higher quality pics/vids their not. That is why I went for the silver myself so can use some of the pics/vids on my site etc.

white edition it's ok for looking in gutters