Window Washers

Re: 4,6,8 or 12
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2012, 08:51:22 pm »
Whats better, a customer on 8 weeks or no customer? Does the car wash charge its customers more if they haven't been for a while? Customers are your business
dude you have a defeatist attitude lately. why would a customer cancel. we are not a car wash so the comparison is way out try again and smile  :-*

Its not defeatest its smart. My customers get canvassed all the time by other window cleaners. If I didn't agree to 8 weeks or whatever there is always somebody who will.

It works the other way too.I have picked up quite a few over time because their window cleaners wouldn't be flexible. I'm happy to do it, the more the merrier.
imo its not smart at all, I am flexible, but if I was to take on your attitude in 5 years time we would all be working for the same money that's not smart at all. being flexible yes. Your not alone on work being canvassed all the time, I get about 3 people a month doing this to my customers and god knows how many leaflets, but I am smart with what I do working for less is not smart in my book mate, but cool it you think that's good if it works for you that's cool
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »
The customer is always right .
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:58 pm »
I once owned a General Dealers/off licence. At first i stocked up on what customers where asking !
GREAT I THOUGHT!
NOT!
I ended up with a shop full of goods that where bought every now and again by specific customers.
Correcting my mistake I stocked up on one choice of each product (except the off licence side) and guess what! BINGO
All those awkward customers still shopped with me BUT on my terms now!

I offer 2 weekly or 4 weekly! Have a waiting list of customers wanting to get on the books.
Hope this helps

Window Washers

« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2012, 10:44:41 pm »
that a story for the 80's  ::) that's a little like you cant work in the rain, do you work in the rain ?

p.s this was not aim at you, just in general to people that think things cant be done.

I see I replied to your post so thought I would point this out as I don't what you thinking I am stalking or in anyway fancy you lol

KENT KLEEN THAT'S A GREAT EXAMPLE GOOD POST  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

dazmond

« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2012, 11:35:05 pm »
i personally thinks its crazy to charge the same price for a longer frequency.if you explain that the windows will be dirtier and that they will still save money over the course of the year you wont go wrong!!IT ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME!!!

the amount of new customers ive picked up over the last year on an 8 weekly frequency at a higher price is staggering.IMO customers WILL PAY MORE FOR A LONGER FREQUENCY!!!thus the end result is a much more profitable business with a higher hourly rate on this work.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2012, 12:02:00 am »
Yes Mrs Customer I can do them for £14 and we visit once a month.

End off .... nice and simple.  ;)

Works for me and has done for last 18 months since starting up.

Used to offer 8 weekly but not anymore.

When I did quote 2 prices for either monthly or bimonthly 25% went for monthly.

If any ask for a longer frequency I add 25% to price BUT only if they ask.

« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2012, 08:06:30 am »
I don't mind what frequency they want they can have it.

I do however charge all customers my one 'off rate' and then ask them how often they want me to call.
It then isn't an issue. Plus they have no real idea how much it will be until I tell thm.

sunshine windows

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2012, 03:36:40 pm »
I tell my prospective customers I operate my round on a monthly basis but they can have me on a frequency that suits them. I charge 25% more bi-monthly, 50% for 3 months, 75% for 4 months and the double for anything longer which I class as a one off.

If they're a serious customer in need of a reliable window cleaner, one of these options normally suits them just fine.

To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Window Washers

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2012, 04:22:09 pm »
I tell my prospective customers I operate my round on a monthly basis but they can have me on a frequency that suits them. I charge 25% more bi-monthly, 50% for 3 months, 75% for 4 months and the double for anything longer which I class as a one off.

If they're a serious customer in need of a reliable window cleaner, one of these options normally suits them just fine.

thats fair stuart Lance  ;D

sunshine windows

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2012, 06:07:00 pm »
 ;D
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

jim bean

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:03 am »
90% 4 weekly(residential) , few commercial weeklys and fortnightlys and remainder is residential 8 weeks. Works out much better I think as you get a few extra days each month lol

Tom White

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2012, 01:17:44 pm »

Who says?  I've known a few to be wrong.  "Not this month, mate" types mostly.

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2012, 01:49:53 pm »
Most of my customers are every 8 weeks... I don't charge by window. I work out how long the house will take to clean and base it on my hourly rate.

Andy

Thats how i was told to do it :)

Londoner

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2012, 04:43:29 pm »

Who says?  I've known a few to be wrong.  "Not this month, mate" types mostly.

Yes Tosh the customer isn't always right but they are always the customer. Thats the person who hands you the money. I seriously think some people neglect that fact.  Forget the rest of the meaningless detail, never take your eye off the important bit, money!

Londoner

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2012, 04:47:04 pm »
Most of my customers are every 8 weeks... I don't charge by window. I work out how long the house will take to clean and base it on my hourly rate.

Andy

Thats how i was told to do it :)
Thats the only way to do it. Other methods produce silly anomolies.