newpy

Re: Northern Tools gutter lance - its arrived !!
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2005, 05:05:52 pm »
Craig,

Do you have any photos? Which model pressure washer have you got and how much did it cost? Do you have to use detergent to dissolve green algae on the facia/soffit?

Regards, Glen.

What's your email address and i'll send u pics! Its a Honda 6.5 hp engine (150 bar/ 14LPM) with dual pumps-pump. There is a chemical inlet if you use chemicals, we see no use for detergents, the pressure is enough. Cost ? can't find receipts at moment but if i remember rightly it was about £700 for the engine/pump, + extra for the lance about £100 and some high pressure pipe. For more info look on Dual Pumps website.
Sorry took me a while to get back, i was out doing gutters!!! ::)
Regards,
Craig

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2005, 05:06:03 pm »
Hi Glen,

I agree,  think we caught the guy on a quiet sunday morning and he actually fitted the nozzle for us as well !!

We purchased one single fixed nozzle but the NT ones come in a pack of 5 and are interchangeable for different widths of spray.  the hose NT sell comes complete with the matching ends to the lance and is for use up to a 4000psi machine, but if you can DIY and have a helpfull chappie at your local PIRTEK then they may fir them on for you too !!

I did look around for weeks prior to ordering from NT and couldn't find the lance or gutter hook any cheaper but if you do lease post it here as I know a lot of people are looking to buy the system in the next few weeks.

There must be a way of making the system yourself even cheaper and think Matt mentioned he would be including a way on his site when he updates it sometime soon.

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2005, 05:07:37 pm »
Norther Tools also do a pressure washer hose for use on up to 2000 psi at £16.99.

Item number 22351E-146

Sarah
Sarah

Glen

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2005, 05:20:45 pm »
Craig,

allclean@oceanfree.net

Cheers,

Glen

Glen

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2005, 06:57:08 pm »
Sarah,

What is the make and model of your powerwasher (did I ask you that before??) and how much did it cost?

Regards, Glen.

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2005, 08:13:15 pm »
Northern Tools do have a back belt for this jet spray Item No. 221555E but its out of stock.

B&Q do a back support belt just needs a DIY bit fitting to support the pole
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2005, 08:51:09 pm »
Sarah,

What is the make and model of your powerwasher (did I ask you that before??) and how much did it cost?

Regards, Glen.

Cant remember if you asked me that before - been a bit busy with emails about this system so apologies if you have.

Its a Honda model number GX160 5.5 HP -  cost about £800 7 years ago and are probably cheaper now.

Sarah

Sarah

rosskesava

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2005, 09:38:24 pm »
Ours cost £50..  :-[

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2005, 10:05:51 pm »
Mine cost £350 + vat :'(
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2005, 10:16:07 pm »
Ours cost £50..  :-[

Did'nt expect them to have gone down that much !!!!   :'(  Now i'm crying

Sarah
Sarah

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2005, 09:00:38 pm »
Well I found some time at last to have a try (play)of my new bits,started the power washer, felt really chuffed I started it first time, so I decided to try the diff nozzels first so I cleaned the van the patio decking the block paving path and the garden walls, got used to the kick back (compared to my £39 argos special that I already had)
Now time to try the pole......went to conect the power hose to the pole ....both ends male fitting.... rang Northern tools apparently I need an adapter £2.30 inc vat but won't get it until Tue / wed next week..
so saturdays task is to try and source one locally so that I can play practice...
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

rosskesava

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2005, 09:56:23 pm »
Hi thewindowcleaner1

We had exactly the same problem. Our lance arrived Monday and we're doing a job this coming Sunday (great day to work but it's the only day it can be done but it is at a very very good price).

After going around all the diy stores and shops I went through the Thompson for companies that deal in anything hydraulic or pnuematic and found somewhere that sold all the nozzles etc.

All they did was remove the screw on nozzle that was on it as it was NOT a standard fitting, and screw on a new one. Hey presto - all sorted for about a fiver.

So .... off we went with our new lance today and did two outstanding gutter and facia jobs as the weather was too bad for w/c'ing.

We had a good play with it time finding out the best way to use it.

Cheers

robbie14000

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2005, 10:14:17 pm »
would it not be better to just get a gutter cleaning attachment for a WFP

I don't think there is one for a WFP.

Omnipole sell a gutter cleaning attachment and trigger to convert there poles but as i understand it you still need a pressure washer.

Would be good though if you could remove your brush head and slip a gutter attachment on would make some jobs a lot easier as you would not need to cart around extra equipment.

Paul
Hi all, new to this site. I have a wfp system from Outreach and that came with a gutter cleaning attachment tool and 5 spray nozzles.
Works a treat and clears gutters great up to 45ft

robbie14000

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2005, 10:23:09 pm »
Hi all, I am new to this site and find all your comments welcoming.
Been window cleaning in harrogate for 3 years.
I have a wfp system from outreach(bolton) that came with a gutter attachment and 5 spraying nozzles for differential pressure.
Easy to use and clears gutters well(in the beginning you do tend to check to ensure a good job is done)
Thanks all.
P.S What sort of prices do you all charge for cleaning gutters(say a three bedroomed semi)
Sorry for being cheeky been asked to do 123 houses on a large site and have not got a clue how to price it
Thanks

G & M

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2005, 08:15:40 pm »
Hi Sarah
 Is there any chance you could send us some pics as well as we are trying to build up a new round in Ireland. If you can we would be very grateful.
           Cheers G&M - hickeys45@yahoo.ie

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2005, 08:51:52 pm »
sarah

can you send me some pics please

Dave

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »
Sarah

To heck with pics of the lance lets all have a pic of you

;) ;D

spotless2000

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2006, 11:14:32 am »
Hi Sarah

I appreciate this is an old thread but I've just ordered our gutter attachment from Northern Tools and wondered how things had progressed now you have had a chance to use yours a few times.

Do have any further tips / good or bad experiences to share?

Cheers ;)

Steve

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2006, 03:24:47 pm »
No problems Steve,

IMO this is a really great piece of kit if for no other reason than it enables Hubby to do work in the rain.

Since we purchased it he has probably done 9 or 10 full days work on guttering on rainy days.  He manages to do about 5 houses in a day before his back tells him to stop. !!  These poles are not as light as his Brodex fibreglass and even though they are about the same height it is heavier and harder to control because of the sheer power of the water blasting from the nozzle.

The belt is a must if using it for any length of time but the money is good £25 per side is an average).

Given the sad accident and death of another w/c I think more people should get these, if only for the safety aspect. 

PS;  I know I have said it before but you do get wet so we invested in a waterproof boiler suit and wellies.

Also we always build in a full w/c at their usual price.  The water does run over the gutter onto their windows which will defo need a clean - extra money there too.

Hope that helps,

Sarah
Sarah

jeff1

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2006, 06:50:46 pm »
Jake,

You are right - attempting to do a gutter job on a case that bad with a lance would be just plain stupid.

As I 've said on previous posts - we will have to be selective on the jobs we do with the lance.  Firstly for the reason you stated and secondly any with fitted wire mesh traps at the top of the downpipe cannot be done at all.

Having said that we have just cleaned our whole house gutters and there was stacks of embedded moss and small bushes - it moved it all.  Ironically we checked using the ladders and will continue to do so until we are sure we have done it properly.

Have just lined up 3 jobs to do in the morning and even with inexperience, set up and travel will do them in about 2 hours (max). £150 which would have taken us double the time with ladders and the old tools.

With that sort of hourly rate we have calculated we dont need to do the real dirty jobs.

Sounds a bit like im lance bashing - I dont mean to.  Its just like when we first went wfp.  Nice not to have to worry about the hubby up a ladder in this kind of weather and all the sceptics knocking it before they have tried it. 

In the future I am sure you wont see many w/c cleaning guttering up a ladder - safety and speed will prevail.

I will let you all know how we get on and I will be honest about its performance - so its a case of 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'.

Thanks for your comments though Jake, 

Regards,

Sarah

Hi Sarah

I'm stlii useing my ladders until i go wfp in the next few months, but i notice you said that hubby is still checking with his ladders? 

This is what i am going to do because i think when i go wfp the ladders are going. if you look on ebay for a very nominal cost you can buy a very small camera, that you could clip to the top of your pole, this will transmit a picture to a small handheld tv, no more ladders and you could even show your customers (if you wished) the final result. the above camera is operated on a 2 x 9v batterys. I hope this has been a little help to you? what a real bummer if he falls of the ladder after goin wfp.  Good luck to you both

Jeff
Reflections